• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    But you can choose not to send your kids to places where you or someone you trust can't defend them as you see fit.

This is true to a point, this is why my daughter does not and will not attend a public school. But she must attend some form of school, and I cannot afford to quit my job to homeschool her.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is true to a point, this is why my daughter does not and will not attend a public school. But she must attend some form of school, and I cannot afford to quit my job to homeschool her.

You likely wouldn't have to. Sacrifice would likely be involved, and possibly some creativity, but don't think it isn't possible...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WE NEED TIGHTER GUN LAWS!!!!

double+facepalm+_b7c5283fa54d7890ece4be22326c72d6.gif

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    They won't, but responsible gun owners and the NRA need to be perceived as part of the solution, not part of the problem. Now is the time to promote compromise on some things like training, waiting periods, sales through FFLs, etc. (possibly in exchange for national reciprocity) or we will be marginalized in the debate and end up like Britain.

So you don't believe in the 2A as a right, just a privilege that should be bargained away so folks can get warm and fuzzy feelings about us?

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I'm sorry, but I think that blaming video games and movies is just as idiotic as blaming guns for shootings. The basic fact is that it takes a deeply disturbed person to do these kinds of things. This is not about desensitization, this is about a mental sickness that runs deeper than societal influences. These guys are suicidal, and they try to go out with a bang. Not only do they not value the lives of others, they don't even have functioning self preservation instincts.

Society can't make monsters like this. Society makes thugs, gangsters, and wife beaters, not mass murderers and serial killers. It takes chemical problems, extreme psychological trauma, etc. to make these animals.

I've played violent video games, watched pretty graphically violent movies, listened to music that glorified violence, and grew up playing war. We'd even have BB gun wars. I really enjoy going out and playing paintball with friends. That is entertainment. The majority of people understand that these things are entertainment. I'd totally agree that it takes a deeply disturbed person to do things like this and all the video games/music/movies in the world aren't going to be creating the people that commit these types of acts.

I don't disagree completely, Just asking a question because of the age group of these kids who are doing these horrible things. Man, I was the same way growing up however "Call of Duty" glorifies violence a little more than "Mario Brothers". What I was trying to point out is to a mentally stable person this stuff is entertainment, but to someone who is sick in the head a video game fantasy may be his reality being anti-social and such a recluse. I did the same things as a kid, but you and I (I at least know about me) are sane in the head!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I don't disagree completely, Just asking a question because of the age group of these kids who are doing these horrible things. Man, I was the same way growing up however "Call of Duty" glorifies violence a little more than "Mario Brothers". What I was trying to point out is to a mentally stable person this stuff is entertainment, but to someone who is sick in the head a video game fantasy may be his reality being anti-social and such a recluse. I did the same things as a kid, but you and I (I at least know about me) are sane in the head!

I get where you're coming from, but there were still mass shootings, bombings, etc. long before video games or movies. A mad man needs only the desire to create carnage in order to get the idea of engaging in a mass shooting. Everyone knows that guns are lethal tools, so it doesn't take much of a leap to conclude that they are an effective way to take lives.

To the point of the age groups. These guys are usually suicidal, which means that they have probably had mental problems since childhood. It stands to reason that these disturbed people would probably snap early in life, especially during the transition from childhood to adulthood.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    They won't, but responsible gun owners and the NRA need to be perceived as part of the solution, not part of the problem. Now is the time to promote compromise on some things like training, waiting periods, sales through FFLs, etc. (possibly in exchange for national reciprocity) or we will be marginalized in the debate and end up like Britain.

So it's ok with you to barter away a Constitutional Right? One paid for in full with the blood of our forefathers? I guess it didn't cost you anything so it's ripe for giving away for perceptions sake?

I'm just as appalled, disgusted and heartbroken as everyone else over this but almost all of the things you are proposing to give away in exchange for feeling good and in front of the curve is going to help in these types of situations. So you think training these nutcases to be more efficient is going to help? Do you actually think a waiting period would work for a kid that shoots his mother in the face while she's sleeping and steals her guns to go on a school rampage? Like he's going to shoot her then wait 3 days until he does something? The only thing in your whole argument that might help is selling through a FFL to protect gun owners from selling to a nutcase by accident. I'm not sure how the government will ever be able to prevent FFL's from charging for that service so good luck with that one.

No one ever promised that Freedom would be free.

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    So it's ok with you to barter away a Constitutional Right? One paid for in full with the blood of our forefathers? I guess it didn't cost you anything so it's ripe for giving away for perceptions sake?

I'm just as appalled, disgusted and heartbroken as everyone else over this but almost all of the things you are proposing to give away in exchange for feeling good and in front of the curve is going to help in these types of situations. So you think training these nutcases to be more efficient is going to help? Do you actually think a waiting period would work for a kid that shoots his mother in the face while she's sleeping and steals her guns to go on a school rampage? Like he's going to shoot her then wait 3 days until he does something? The only thing in your whole argument that might help is selling through a FFL to protect gun owners from selling to a nutcase by accident. I'm not sure how the government will ever be able to prevent FFL's from charging for that service so good luck with that one.

No one ever promised that Freedom would be free.

You, and many others on this site, are missing the point. First of all, most if not all of our rights have restrictions attached. Despite having freedom of speech, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, for one example.

If you had read carefully, you would know that I didn't say that any of those steps would prevent violence. However, a lot of our fellow Americans disagree. We need to take the long view. If we don't acknowledge that other people have different opinions and be willing to negotiate, we will be marginalized in the debate, and the loss of rights will be much greater.

This tragedy will be used as an opportunity for people who advocate stricter gun control. It can also be used as an opportunity to provide education about alternatives.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You, and many others on this site, are missing the point. First of all, most if not all of our rights have restrictions attached. Despite having freedom of speech, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater, for one example.

If you had read carefully, you would know that I didn't say that any of those steps would prevent violence. However, a lot of our fellow Americans disagree. We need to take the long view. If we don't acknowledge that other people have different opinions and be willing to negotiate, we will be marginalized in the debate, and the loss of rights will be much greater.

This tragedy will be used as an opportunity for people who advocate stricter gun control. It can also be used as an opportunity to provide education about alternatives.

R.I.P. Here Lies America, Where OUR Politician's were willing to Negotiate OUR Rights Away in a HOPE that They will be Reelected, so Nothing CHANGES for Them :noway:

rfuerst911sc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    It would appear that if the mother of the shooter was a responsible gun owner her nut job son wouldn't have had access to the arsenal of guns in the house.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It would appear that if the mother of the shooter was a responsible gun owner her nut job son wouldn't have had access to the arsenal of guns in the house.

How charitable of you! Most mothers do not anticipate being killed by their children, and in any event it would have been very difficult for her to have prevented the theft which occurred after she was dead. If you can expect corpses to defend their property from theft, you must be more perfect than God to suggest that this woman was irresponsible without feeling hypocritical.

Another thing--how do two pistols, a rifle, and a shotgun constitute an 'arsenal'?

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I can't believe I'm sayin this buy this school shooting is the final straw!! I'm a strong NRA member and supporter,

ROT IN HELL ADAM LANZA

STOP TREATING ME LIKE ****!!! I POSTED THIS AS A WAY TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THIS HORRIBLE TRADEGY

I MY SELF OWN 7+ GUNS AND THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION SO I THERFORE LOVE MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

!!!!!!!!!!!STOP HARRASING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will there be a raffle for the guns you own? How do I get tickets?

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I still want to know how stricter gun laws would prevent someone from a mass shooting... especially when the guns they use are stolen?

Top Bottom