• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Welp the PO might get his wish. Oblamer was just on and gave a moving speech about something needing to be done, regardless of politics, to prevent these things from happening. And we all know that to the Left that means getting rid of guns.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I can't believe I'm sayin this buy this school shooting is the final straw!! I'm a strong NRA member and supporter,

ROT IN HELL RYAN LANZA

OP, if you own and drive a vehicle, then you have to admit the likelihood of being severely injured or killed by some moron/crazy person on the road is MUCH higher than the likelihood of ever being injured by anyone with a firearm. If you don't admit this, then you're deluding yourself. I won't hold my breath until you post an equally outrageous argument about denouncing car owners though.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    As the parent of a kindergartner, this is is appalling. As has been posted numerous times on this board, gun free zones do not work. Could someone have stopped this tradgedy? Maybe, maybe not. But with laws the way they are, I couldn't have stopped it, because I cannot carry my firearm outside of my vehicle. I can't even get out of my car and leave it locked inside, as I must get out and walk up to the school to pick up my daughter.

If you are a parent give extra hugs your kids, and be glad they are alright. Pray for those that were affected by this. Also, talk to your kids or grandkids about this, explain that this was a whack-job who had problems. No amount of "gun control" would've stopped this.

Last edited:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    newdumdum is just expressing frustration. I know how you feel, it is absolute bull that those children were killed. I think "something has to be done, there has to be something that we can do!"

My best guess is armed security - you can tell staff, sure carry a gun, then you end up with a shootout in the middle of the school with kids freaking out and probably casualties from friendly fire. And no matter how quickly a good guy with a gun kills the perp, you still have one or more dead kids.

Probably armed security, metal detectors, something to catch them at the entrance. That and enough armed security to stop someone when the first one or two get shot right away without warning.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    My best guess is armed security - you can tell staff, sure carry a gun, then you end up with a shootout in the middle of the school with kids freaking out and probably casualties from friendly fire. And no matter how quickly a good guy with a gun kills the perp, you still have one or more dead kids.

Probably armed security, metal detectors, something to catch them at the entrance. That and enough armed security to stop someone when the first one or two get shot right away without warning.

What's better? 27 dead or 2-3 dead? Both suck bad but what would you prefer?

Armed security: We have three cops at my school. We have around 2,500 kids who attend my school. Those cops won't be able to do much.

Metal detectors: Minor inconvenience. Just shoot whoever mans the metal detector.

There is no easy way to "fix" this problem. Banning guns sure won't do anything. If we can get illegals over our border in U-Hauls, why can't we get black market firearms? Not to mention the massive effort it would take to round up/register the existing guns in the country now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Face it. The world is an evil place. No matter how many laws are made, policies put into place, people are going to kill people. Guns, rocks, bare hands. It's going to happen!

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Arm a few willing and competent teachers. Of course NO law or measure will stop one or two or even many from dying. thats just life. But if someone is shooting at me I would prefer the option to shoot back...That only makes sense

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    newdumdum is just expressing frustration. I know how you feel, it is absolute bull that those children were killed. I think "something has to be done, there has to be something that we can do!"

Exactly! I mean I went to a high school with armed guards and didn't feel safe when a gang war erupts and they confiscate 13 guns and 50 knives

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I understand people reacting emotionally to this tragedy. Please give me a logical argument for further diluting of the 2nd Amendment that will prevent these tragedies. Just one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    This guy obviously decided to check out and really didn't care how many people he killed. We may never know what motivation drove this guy to kill a bunch of little kids. He killed both his parents, possibly his girlfriend and others, and decided to exact some revenge from the kids in his mother's class. Mental illness is obviously in play. There may have been mitigating factors from the school employing his mother or something viewed as a sleight to her or her retirement or who knows??????? Evil people exist. Humans are capable of the most extreme violence and infliction of pain. The answer is to not ban or limit guns. Those willing will devise unforseen ways to accomplish their goals. Why ban an innocent person's only means to defend themselves? Why make them gauranteed victems? Maybe we need TSA style entrances to schools and malls? Banning/curtailing gun ownership is not the answer! My prayers go out to those dealing with this situation. May God's hands keep them in His healing grasp and comfort and lift them all up.

Last edited:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    It is a horrible tragedy. No way around it, My prayers go out to the families. But neither of those 2 guns did anything wrong. I am all for protecting the children, which includes my obligation to protect them when not at school. Evil will not be deterred by laws. It will only grow faster if good people are robbed of their ability to defend OUR children. I say the ONLY deterrent is to abolish gun free zones. I believe as others on this forum, that if there were trained armed persons on site these recent shootings would have been not as bad or nonexistent. Heaven forbid the blame actually go where it belongs, with the psyco's. I am not looking foreword to the backlash from this one.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    I notice a few posters here are making emotional arguments. The fact is you can not make a wise decision with emotion involved. You have to look at facts grounded in reality. NO MEASURE OR LAW will stop someone who doesnt care about their own life, you can only respond to such madness. Which is why a few and competent and willing teachers should armed to lower the death count. And even if that teacher ends up being a victim...so be it at least there was a fighting chance to lower the body count

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Just read a post (Drudge) where 20+ students were slashed with a knife in China. Wonder if they will want to rid their citizens of knives.
    Bottom line. Looks like gun control don't stop those who want to do evil.

Top Bottom