• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It's a simple problem to solve, it always has been, people make lots of money by complicating it.

Ban gun-free zones.

This is a free country, and as such, you are responsible for your own safety. You must be allowed to take care of yourself. It's inhuman to strip anyone of that ability. I don't care what condition they have, the rest of us will sort them out if they decide to do something.

xy1GTrR.jpg

Allow me to live my life and I'll let you do the same.

That's a great summarization of the mentality we have to deal with every day! Those who make these laws make darn sure they are protected, by a person with a gun, but don't think the same level of protection should be available to us! My question is, if everything is so 'safe', why, then, is it they they feel they need to be protected by the guy with a gun?

As a former high school teacher, having 6 cops in our building didn't stop crime, the use of drugs, fights, etc...but it sure gave us a quick response team in the event that something would go down during the day! One simple example I'll give of the benefit of having a cop in the school is the day my aide thought she smelled pot on one of the students (who never worked on anything, ever, but was frantically writing his report during the assigned time to do so) so I went over and asked him how it was going and if he needed any help! He was definitely enjoying his day! While the aide stayed in the classroom, I went and got an administrator and an officer and we went back and brought him out of class to talk to him....and then let the officer question him. Sure enough...he had the pipe in his pocket and named his co-hort/buddy! (Note, his 'buddy' was not too happy with him that day!) They were arrested and sent to Juvy! As a teacher & administrator, we didn't have the threat to arrest him due to the belief that he was high...the officer did! When he volunteered up the pipe, we had him! Tough day for everyone...his mother was an elementary teacher in the school 1 block away!

Tlam13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Bloomington
    Definitely need harsher penalties for gun related crimes and stricter prosecution of the criminals. More laws are not the answer and GFZ's are not helping.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Firearms are used in around 8% of all violent crimes. It ranges between 7-9% in recent years. Regardless, that's pretty insignificant in my book.

To further make matters worse for this "we must do something" crowd, the BOJ also reports that more than 70% of THOSE guns used in crimes were obtained illegally (straw purchases, theft, etc.) Actually 72% is the most recent one I heard touted in the senate debate earlier in the year (if you wish to believe what they have to say.) Prior to that their most recent figure I could find was over 80% (82 or 86% if I remember correctly.)

The evidence simply does NOT support gun control of any type. They merely pick anecdotal examples which support their agenda as supposed "evidence" to appeal to people's emotions.

I was all with you until the last line. no gun control of any type????? Sorry to say this but mostly nuts only say that. I don't think your a nut, the rest of your comment was 100% correct. But the idea that there is ZERO gun control? Thats nuts. The idea that anyone can have any weapon they want anywhere they want is insane. Sorry. And it ignores private property laws, and other constitutional right as well. Not everyone should have guns.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/313425-official-gangsta-video-thread.html

Tell me that the people in the thread above, (videos, not posters) should be able to buy anything they want, and carry anything they want, anywhere they want. Tell me all the nuts running around like the guy in this thread; https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...orgivable-dee-da-dee-police-impersonator.html
    should have what ever weapons he wants. I've never met a person who thinks there should be ZERO gun control. Again if there was zero gun control, then my property rights would be infringed upon, and other rights as well.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I do not believe there is any way you can limit people who are mentally ill, deprived and wanting attention, or wanna be remembered in history who take guns and shoot people for one of those three reasons. The way I'd like to see this stopped is by not glorifying this type of behavior through the media. The growing threat of these massacres is always after someone pulls a massacre stunt themselves. Once they gain infamy and someone who is desperate enough to do the same thing sees the attention and fame the person gets they do the same thing. That is the root in my opinion and I know there is different opinions.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I will also note I will not give up my right to a gun because of one idiot. If the government can have firearms I will continue to have firearms. The day they give their guns up I will do the same. Till then the right to bear arms will be preserved and will be fully utilized by the American people.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I will also note I will not give up my right to a gun because of one idiot. If the government can have firearms I will continue to have firearms. The day they give their guns up I will do the same. Till then the right to bear arms will be preserved and will be fully utilized by the American people.

I won't. The day everyone gives up their guns is the day everyone better start bowing to me.

Top Bottom