• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Bill, the knee-jerk reaction that the voters will have could push any number of stupid new restrictions through.

It's not the voters that will have the knee jerk reactions. It's the stupid media, along with the libtards who support their nonsense, and there isn't enough of them to matter. It's always the same gun hating legislators who propose this crap. McCarthy, Feinstein, Schumer, Lautenberg, etc. It will go nowhere. And that is assuming if it even comes out of committee and makes it to the floor for a vote, which in itself is highly unlikely. Especially in the House. Intelligent Americans are smart enough to know you cannot legislate away idiots and crackpots. It's only the liberal morons who think otherwise and support such foolish ideology, and they've had their 15 minutes. Bill T.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    FACT: When Hussein was elected, every stupid white who voted for him was cheering and swooning over his every move, and all were willing to support everything he proposed like a bunch of hippies in a drug induced trance.

FACT: Both the House and the Senate were under democratic control, with HEAVY democratic majorities in both.

FACT: Over 75 democratic Congressmen signed a petition, and delivered it to Hussein saying they would NOT support another Assault Weapons Ban, or any other anti gun legislation.

FACT: ZERO NEW GUN LEGISLATION WAS PROPOSED LET ALONE PASSED.

FACT: Now the House is under REPUBLICAN control, and the Senate has lost a great deal of it's democratic majority, putting the passage of even partisan legislation in severe jeopardy.

FACT: How, with these newly elected Republican officials in place, and with the entire country watching every move they make, along with Hussein's ineptness showing itself to a greater degree every day, and his approval ratings dropping faster than the price of an infected whore, is any further gun legislation going to get passed?? Bill T.

i find it funny you actually trust politicians.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    IF the President wants to stop or limit guns sales he can do it without a law.

It is simple.

Shut down NICS.

Or limit the nummber of checks a day and after that have the system "go down".

Or shut it off Fri, Sat, and Sun, Gunshows = gone

It wouldn't stop all the other sales, but they can be handled also.

Have NTSB, USPS, or whoever is charge of determining what class of cargo is redesignate all primers and the ammo they are installed in a new class of explosives or hazmat and can only be transported by ground and in quanities of no more than 1000 in commercial carriers and no more than 100 in private vehicles.

Ammo costs will be about 100,000 thousand times higher than it is now.

Reloading powders, no more than 1oz in private vehicles, and 6oz in commercial vehicles.

You get the idea, all the while saying hey you can have them.....if you can afford them.

It is just a matter of wanting to cross a bridge they can never come back over once they cross it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    It isn't a question of "trust", but rather one of simple mathematics and common sense. Bill T.
    ok, maybe they won't ban them maybe everything will stay completely legal, but if they force gun manufactures and ammo manucatures to do microstamping and then put a huge tax on top of that, it's not banning them. it'll just cost 3 jacksons and a lincoln for 50 rounds of wwb

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    "Never let a good crisis go to waste."-Rhombo dead-fish. Bill, the knee-jerk reaction that the voters will have could push any number of stupid new restrictions through. DHS? TSA? Weren't those under Bush?

"She's a Dem. she had it coming" or something to that effect was stated earlier. Giffords is a Blue Dog (conservative) Democrat. Her stance on certain ideals might not be the same as yours, but she's representing the voters in AZ not Indiana. They might want different things than we do. Far left or far right, they're two ends of the same beast. Not a heck of a lot of difference in rhetoric or methodology AFAICT.

Wasn't the machine gun ban under Reagan's watch?

Didn't the Bush Justice department throw us under the bus in the Heller case.

Never be sure!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    ok, maybe they won't ban them maybe everything will stay completely legal, but if they force gun manufactures and ammo manucatures to do microstamping and then put a huge tax on top of that, it's not banning them. it'll just cost 3 jacksons and a lincoln for 50 rounds of wwb

Again, everything you're talking about requires legislation to become law. They do not have the votes to accomplish it. Period. Bill T.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Wasn't the machine gun ban under Reagan's watch? Didn't the Bush Justice department throw us under the bus in the Heller case.

The Heller case was ruled on favorably. This after decades of speculation on what the Second Amendment really meant from a legislative point of view. That has now been established, and has been at the forefront of reversing many anti gun laws. Neither one of the Bush's, or Regan for that matter, were friends of gun owners. All of them served under democratic Houses, and because of it they were forced to accept attachments to bills they didn't want crafted in the first place. In short they were forced into compromise they didn't want. Bush 41 became enraged, and publicly disposed of his NRA membership while in office over the "Jackbooted Thugs" incident.

None of this has any bearing on what is happening now, or what might happen in the future. Hussein has been forced to move right of center. He hates it, but has no choice. If he himself proposes any more gun gun control, or even shows support of it, he, along with his political advisers knows it will enrage more people than it will satisfy. Gun control advocates have lost a great deal of their support. Many will be hard pressed to even find any democratic colleagues would would co sponsor anti gun legislation. In short, gun control, in any or all of it's forms has become a dirty word, with all risk coupled with no reward. At least from a political standpoint. Bill T.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    The Heller case was ruled on favorably. This after decades of speculation on what the Second Amendment really meant from a legislative point of view. That has now been established, and has been at the forefront of reversing many anti gun laws. Neither one of the Bush's, or Regan for that matter, were friends of gun owners. All of them served under democratic Houses, and because of it they were forced to accept attachments to bills they didn't want crafted in the first place. In short they were forced into compromise they didn't want. Bush 41 became enraged, and publicly disposed of his NRA membership while in office over the "Jackbooted Thugs" incident.

None of this has any bearing on what is happening now, or what might happen in the future. Hussein has been forced to move right of center. He hates it, but has no choice. If he himself proposes any more gun gun control, or even shows support of it, he, along with his political advisers knows it will enrage more people than it will satisfy. Gun control advocates have lost a great deal of their support. Many will be hard pressed to even find any democratic colleagues would would co sponsor anti gun legislation. In short, gun control, in any or all of it's forms has become a dirty word, with all risk coupled with no reward. At least from a political standpoint. Bill T.

Bill:
    I understand the gun-control winds are in our favor for now. Just don't want to become complacent. Could Reagan/Bush used the veto if they truly objected to the bills set forth by congress?

Greg

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    There are 54 pages and I have not read them all so excuse me if this has already been discussed but...

If the guy was ultra liberal, is there a possibility he used the extended mags and the evil glock for a reason? Like, maybe he did that as a secondary agenda?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    There are 54 pages and I have not read them all so excuse me if this has already been discussed but...

If the guy was ultra liberal, is there a possibility he used the extended mags and the evil glock for a reason? Like, maybe he did that as a secondary agenda?

Because he read on the HuffPo and DailyKos how dangerous Glocks w/30 round magazines are.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    IF the President wants to stop or limit guns sales he can do it without a law.

It is simple.

Shut down NICS.

Or limit the nummber of checks a day and after that have the system "go down".

Or shut it off Fri, Sat, and Sun, Gunshows = gone

It wouldn't stop all the other sales, but they can be handled also.

Have NTSB, USPS, or whoever is charge of determining what class of cargo is redesignate all primers and the ammo they are installed in a new class of explosives or hazmat and can only be transported by ground and in quanities of no more than 1000 in commercial carriers and no more than 100 in private vehicles.

Ammo costs will be about 100,000 thousand times higher than it is now.

Reloading powders, no more than 1oz in private vehicles, and 6oz in commercial vehicles.

You get the idea, all the while saying hey you can have them.....if you can afford them.

It is just a matter of wanting to cross a bridge they can never come back over once they cross it.

I see what you did there ;) :D

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    After the Walking Gun scandal gets picked up by Fox the Pres, the Atty Gen, Big Sis Janet, and a few others will be busy coverin their own arses and that should run out O's term.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Bill:
    I understand the gun-control winds are in our favor for now. Just don't want to become complacent. Could Reagan/Bush used the veto if they truly objected to the bills set forth by congress? Greg

Sure. But they wanted what the anti gun bills were attached to more than they didn't want the anti gun bill. So they signed rather than veto. That's why Presidents age so dramatically in the 4 or 8 years they are in office. They are forced to do what they don't want, more than they get what they do. As Richard Nixon once said, "No matter what I do I'm going to **** off at least 50% of the people. The only choice is which 50%?" Quite true if you think about it. Bill T.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    They seem to be going after the first amendment for the time being, specifically the internet. The pen is mightier than the sword.

Can you imagine the cold bucket of water it would be to the American public if suddenly there was no talk radio (Lilmbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Steyn, and the others) , no Fox news.

Along with that having to "register" no use the internet?

Hmmmm, ARE WE AWAKE YET?

Wonder how many would really be upset?

Winter time, what a great time to do it, kinda hard to protest huh?

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I posted this in another thread, but it applies here too I think as it is a reaction to the AZ shooting.

GOP Rep. Will Introduce New Strict Gun Law | The Blaze

No carry within 1000 feet of President, Vice President, Member of Congress, or Federal Judges, and others I am sure will be added, give them time.

Does that mean I can't drive thru town near the Federal Courthouse?

How are we the little people supposed to know where our betters are?

Does that make a Constitution doesn't apply bubble that travels with them everywhere they go?

What if I live across the streeet from one? Do I have to move?
    What if they go to a gun store? Does the dealer get arrested?
    What if they go to a gun show? Do all the serfs have to leave?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I posted this in another thread, but it applies here too I think as it is a reaction to the AZ shooting.

GOP Rep. Will Introduce New Strict Gun Law | The Blaze

No carry within 1000 feet of President, Vice President, Member of Congress, or Federal Judges, and others I am sure will be added, give them time. ...
    Only person that would have affected in Arizona was the guy who came to help. This is unenforceable and who cares about a carry violation when (s)he is out to gun down a government official. The wisdom of these knee jerks is unbelieveable.

For what it's worth, I did hear a lawmaker yesterday on the radio talking about this in light of the open carry people who showed up at an Obama speech.

Top Bottom