• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The presence of un-official militia is a good thing.
    When there comes a time necessary for a militia to mobilize, I doubt there will be much cohesion.....
    However the training that takes place in a "good militia" will enable citizens in their community to defend their community and help train others to do so.

I do however wish that militias put more priority on the combination of tactical training and community organizing. If one person from a militia could go back to their neighborhood with their training and start a "neigborhood range club" I think some real progress cold be made and a real sence of "community watchmen" could be buit into our cultural fabric.

I think the weakest part of militia is the notion that there needs to be rank. The only reason rank works in the army is because if you refuse to obey your ranking officer, you can get your ass kicked...legally! Oh , and you get paid too!

I think we have one too many community organizers already :dunno:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    my standard response to militia threads...
    dontworrysir400px.jpg

Regards,
    Executive Vice Lieutenant 3rd Class IndyTechNerd

ps. If you need me, I'll be digging the latrines with Scutter.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I do however wish that militias put more priority on the combination of tactical training and community organizing. If one person from a militia could go back to their neighborhood with their training and start a "neigborhood range club" I think some real progress cold be made and a real sence of "community watchmen" could be buit into our cultural fabric.

I haven't been to one yet but I think that sounds like an Appleseed program . :dunno:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    We have the 6th Regimental Commander here, too. We're up to our brass in brass.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions_and_greetings/145895-hello_from_new_haven.html

Makes me curious how many "regiments" they have in a state the size of Indiana.

In MY militia, we have only four regiments. I feel this is adequate for the greater Greenwood, IN area. If they need any help with organizing their structure I really hope they reach out to me..

Signed,

PFC. Gregrbuckingham
    El Presidente
    Supreme Commander Greenwood Allied Forces
    Commander of the Death Star

:nuts:

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    where the grass dont grow
    I wonder what kind of training they actually have to offer..just a bunch of guys goin out on a weekend shootin paper targets.of coarse that is beneficial for accuracy response,but how well do they no tactics?and how up to date are their skills?

I will gladly give free self defense,tactical insertion,tactical response,breach and clear,and marksmanship training to all that wish to receive further training.and I can guarantee that my training is up to par and at the highest level available.

Sadly I'm not currently there. I do teach all of those classes to the local police department and swat team.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I will gladly give free self defense,tactical insertion,tactical response,breach and clear,and marksmanship training to all that wish to receive further training.and I can guarantee that my training is up to par and at the highest level available.......

Can I get that in writing?

Oh wait... nevermind :D

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    where the grass dont grow
    When I come ill be working at my local firearms dealer and be giving these classes to all that wish to attend(locally)and I will giving them for free.I don't believe you should have to pay for the knowledge to defend yourself.its a human right.

Most of the training (I consider) is common sense.practice different manoeuvres on your own and a lot of the tactics you see from shows on tv are actually real training that they received from combat instructors in order to make it realistic.

So dare I say it....watch more tv,lol.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Appleseed doesn't teach any tactical training whatsoever. It's strictly marksmanship and history.

This.

We have a Supreme Overlord Admiral, too. :yesway:

And his name was...

:ugh:

...I didn't know what his name was

...so we just called him Fred. :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Requisition sent via PM.

:popcorn:

Requisition received. Unfortunately we are having some financial difficulties involving the Major General of Accounts Payable and Supreme Overlord Admiral Scutter. Your request will be processed as soon as the Bacon Procurement and Distribution department receives its funding. If I'd known that there would be this much beaurocratic red tape involved with being the Commandant of this department, I would have never accepted this promotion.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Requisition received. Unfortunately we are having some financial difficulties involving the Major General of Accounts Payable and Supreme Overlord Admiral Scutter. Your request will be processed as soon as the Bacon Procurement and Distribution department receives its funding. If I'd known that there would be this much beaurocratic red tape involved with being the Commandant of this department, I would have never accepted this promotion.
    Wussy!! :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I'd known that there would be this much beaurocratic red tape involved with being the Commandant of this department, I would have never accepted this promotion.

That is why I went for the shadowy world of the puppet master. You command the ninja assassins and other low life types... no paperwork at all.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom