• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was Reagan great or terrible as a president?

• Total voters

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Just to be clear would you say that any of the comments on restricting second amendment rights that Kutnupe or Rambone listed would be anti-gun? If not...what if it was anyone but Ronald Reagan?:):

First, do you admit that your comments which I posed to Rambone are anti-gun, which makes you anti-gun on the same criteria as you're judging Reagan?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Really a quality post you keep on spamming here and every thread you have commented on.

That's some creative spamming right there^^ Man, how do they do that?
    He's done it with every post he has on here.Him and his buddy Saipowercontols.They both seem to be posting about companies in India and oddly joined on the same date.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Martial Law in Berkeley

Another forgotten piece of Reagan history was his imposition of martial law on the town of Berkeley for several weeks in 1969. Reagan sent in 2,700 National Guard troops to occupy the town and declared, "[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]If it takes a bloodbath, let's get it over with! No more appeasement."[/FONT]

A curfew was imposed, soldiers chased around citizens with bayonets fixed to their rifles, cameras were confiscated, helicopters dumped chemical weapons on the town. :n00b:

This of course took place after Reagan decided that citizens had no right to bear arms on his streets.

332215_482793981758108_643749673_o.jpg

522837_443094449061395_1733820889_n.jpg

H95.18.969.jpg

h97.1.315.jpg

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Rambone, how dare you post pictures or facts? Carmel will say they were falsehoods and another democrat ploy to drag the golden one down.

Ok, I have had my fun as debating Carmel is about like fighting a blindfolded one armed man when it comes to anything Ronald Reagan related. Anyone that looks through the blind loyalty can see he wasn't the great conservative that he is trumped up to be. Carmel, are you sure you aren't from Chicago? You are now trying to spin my saying violent felons shouldn't be allowed to carry compared to Ronald Reagan stripping law abiding citizens of their right to carry along with full registration of firearms. Ya, that is so close to being the same thing....seriously are you that disillusioned that you have to spin things that badly to try and make any since with your stance?

Now, anyone who keeps saying how Reagan was better then Carter...well ya anybody would have been. If your standard of judging how good Reagan was is by comparing him to how bad Jimmy Carter was then you are doing your position a major disservice. That is about like saying a polished turd is better then an unpolished one since at the end of the day you have two piles of :poop:

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I guess Reagan should have just let the students take over Berkeley and shut it down. Then when they try to shut the statehouse down he could let them have that. Hell, let them have the whole country,...not! btw, he was re-elected after this by a wide majority.

I lived the 60's and can see through all the BS that went on then.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That may have been Reagan's greatest moment. It's when he showed he understood what Lincoln was demonstrating when he did the same thing...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Reagan called the Berkeley campus "a haven for communist sympathizers, protesters and sex deviants."

Top Bottom