• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    But my weld engineering skills are only used daily by people like Pratt & Whitney, GE, Lockheed, Snecma, and Rolls Royce, so what the hell do I know?

If he wasn't banned I'm sure he'd come back here and tell you exactly what you don't know. :laugh:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Jay,
    If you don't mind me asking, What kind of steel did you use and who'd you get it from?
    I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, I just now saw your question....

The impact plates are 1/2" thick hot rolled steel, and the angle iron is 2"x2"x 1/4" thick hot rolled, structural grade.

I bought the steel from Grant County Steel, in Marion, IN (765) 668-7547

GCS - Welcome...

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Jay they look good man, thanks for the post. My buddy and I are going to look through his welding shop to see if he has the materials, and try his hand at making some.

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    Ah, motivation is calling. My father in law (a machinist) as said he would help me build a set as well. I'm gonna have to get busy and buy the material. :draw:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Good looking setup!

If anyone want some help procuring some materials for your own....I can help! Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.
    I can also supply similar setups to include a 12" AR500 target for about $130 each otd. All you would need to add is a 2x4 :ingo:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Admitted to stalking a member. This is clearly not allowed, nor is it the first time you've done it to one of our members. It is, however, the last. Goodbye and good luck elsewhere.

Blessings,
    Bill

If I ask nicely, would you allow me to stalk you? I can do it outside of Ingo to avoid the rules thing. :p

All joking aside. If anyone near kokomo needs a welder, I will be willing to help free of charge. I have some extra 1/4 plate and can get whatever very reasonable (providing you cover materials).

Top Bottom