Want to see a sharp looking affordable car?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Not for the the good ol American car junkies, but check out the new Hyundai Sonata. The pictures don't even do this car justice.
    I saw one yesterday here in Bloomington, and at first glance I thought it was a BMW. Sharp car, and a design that is WAY different than the past years.

Looked it up and they start at $19K

2011sonata25.jpg

2011-hyundai-sonata-3-550x403.jpg

2011-Hyundai-Sonata-51.jpg

Last edited:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They and KIA have made leaps and bounds in the last couple years in styling, and have always been of good quality and standard performance. If I were looking at buying a new Honda or Toyota, I would probably buy something from Kia or Hyuandai

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cathy's Elantra GT was a great car, very reliable and had more goodies than cars that cost more.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My mother's Elantra was pretty cheap for a sedan. She only barely takes care of it (the bare minimum), and it is still holding together at 80K miles. Cheap, reliable, basic transportation. The one posted above looks pretty sharp, too.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Yeah, my next car I'm looking to buy a Hyundai for sure.

I think it's flying under the radar (sorta) right now, but soon it'll go the way of Toyota and Honda, and we'll have to pay a premium for the reputation of reliability. That's why I'm getting mine as soon as my Volkswagen finally dies. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    guess I'm cheap. I buy used and let some other non-thrifty guy take the car lot hit. Im looking for a big truck (like an F250) if anyone has one for sale.

that is a sharp car though. Thats more my wifes tatste. I would try to spray paint it OD green and she would probly get mad :)

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    My dad had one for about 9 years. It had really good power for a little car (about 180 hp or so, but felt like more).

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    My rental car after my wreck was a Sonata, drove it from FL to IN and was a VERY smooth, quiet and COMFORTABLE ride the entire way. Really liked it. Don't know that I'd buy one, but I was VERY impressed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    My girlfriend's parents bought one and let me drive the new Sonata (I actually own the 2008). The 2010 is an amazing car with pretty much no throttle lag due to the direct injection. Made me almost cry when I got back into my Sonata and felt a slight lag in the throttle :( :D

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I bought a 2011 Sonata GLS about 1 month ago. Got the base model with one option package to add alloy wheels, power driver seat, and a better interior door trim. I then went and had the windows tinted. I do like the more expensive models w/ the larger wheels and dual exhaust.

dsc00886d.jpg

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'm still waiting for Mercedes to sue them. Looking at them side by side they aren't the same, but you can tell who the "baby daddy" was.

11751-2006-Mercedes-Benz-CLS55-AMG.jpg

Mercedes_AMG_CLS_55_-_Demonstration_of_drifting_1b.jpg

Top Bottom