Wanna buy Phil Robertson's Duck Commander Truck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I wouldn't buy it although I do like the show. Now the shoes Miley Cyrus wore while "twerking"? Oh hell yeah, second mortgage on the house to get my hands on those bad boys. Just think of the life lessons and skills my daughter could pick up wearing those.

Sometimes you worry me phylodog...:wrongdoor:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Please give me an example of the type of show that should be produced if Duck Dynasty is not it. America is embracing it, kids are watching it and see extended families together praying, shooting guns, hunting, and being successful.

It is frustrating that every pro-gun show is bashed by this forum. A dirty joke tarnishes ones value system to the point people should not emulate them? Crap. I guess I'm hosed now. I'll try to find another guy for my kids to look up to now.

every documentary and fact-based movie does the same thing. It's a TV show. Yeesh.

the freaking marketing department is there to make money for them based the popularity that their personalityand values has gotten them. Are you anti-capitaist now? :n00b:

Yeesh indeed. :laugh:

Just because I personally don't care for the show doesn't mean I have a moral problem with it or think it shouldn't be made. My wife enjoys the show, and if we had kids, I would certainly prefer they watch Duck Dynasty over most any other non-kids show on TV.

A lot of things I don't care for are extremely popular (Justin Bieber, Nascar. mayonnaise, Glocks, Ugg boots, etc), but it doesn't mean I think they shouldn't exist (well, maybe mayonnaise) or think others shouldn't enjoy them.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I love Duck Dynasty. It's one of my favorite shows.

I love that it's about God, love, family, friends, and guns. Not many other shows like that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeesh indeed. :laugh:

Just because I personally don't care for the show doesn't mean I have a moral problem with it or think it shouldn't be made. My wife enjoys the show, and if we had kids, I would certainly prefer they watch Duck Dynasty over most any other non-kids show on TV.

A lot of things I don't care for are extremely popular (Justin Bieber, Nascar. mayonnaise, Glocks, Ugg boots, etc), but it doesn't mean I think they shouldn't exist (well, maybe mayonnaise) or think others shouldn't enjoy them.

i was quoting on the iphone, didn't do the multi-quote. TriggerTime was the anticapitalist part. Plus I'm grumpy today. Sleep... must sleep...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So a gun-friendly show about good old fashioned God-fearing people with strong family bonds who have built themselves into multi-millionaires from a meager starting position is NOT something to latch onto? I don't watch the show, don't wear the products, but they are EXACTLY who I want people to wear the shirts of and to model the behavior/actions of.

A meager starting position is putting it quite nicely. The thing I like about them is that they're the same people in their earlier Duck Commander videos as they are on Duck Dynasty. The show helped build the "brand" but Phil worked his butt off getting the brand started.

As far as it being staged, they reenact some story lines they think will be good but there is a good deal that is just them being them. They're obviously enjoying the added success of the brand but if you asked them, all but Willie and Si would say they don't like the celeb part of it.

I hope that McKaig Chevrolet can cash in on that truck just like they did with the truck Jase drove. They've been Phil and Jase's sponsors for quite awhile. If some idiot with money wants to drop it on a truck to look cool...good. I wouldn't spend $30,000+ on a vehicle but for a 2011 Chevy 1500 crew cab 4x4 with under 30,000 miles, the price isn't too far off. KBB would put the truck, in excellent condition, at just over $30k.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This. I'm so sick of people gobbling up this fake staged crap as "reality". I had to brave Walmart last night briefly and counted no less than 5 shoppers wearing the very same camo "happy happy happy" shirt that's on display as you walk in the door. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but that's not a bad way to go through life!:)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Normally avoid this and the political section like the plague, but, I have to chime in here. My wife loves this show. I can take it or leave it as I don't watch much TV anyway, but from the little I have seen this is so far head and shoulders above any of the other so called "reality" shows that I don't see what there is to complain about. I remember Gabe complaining about these "hillbillies" over at WT and I didn't get it there either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If they realy are like what they are on the show then yes they are good people. I don't care for any show like this though. Id much rather watch their show than that jerk from red jacket. But it is all a marketing ploy. They know what group they are appealing to. I still stand by what I said before

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the Robertson's are great people and have great character. I've found that the longer the show goes on, the worse the phony drama gets. Again, I think they're a great family but going along with the phony story lines is at some level a lie. I'd rather watch them being them instead of the bs.

And there's absolutely no way they're running a successful business if it's just those 4 building duck calls like they show on tv.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    the oxy-moronic phrase for new shows like this is "Scripted Reality".
    They are fed lines and told what to do and when/how to do it.
    It's "based on real events".
    I do watch Duck Dynasty and usually enjoy it...
    but when it's so obviously staged and fake...it can be annoying.
    there is a contingent of workers in the duck commander warehouse
    that A&E has no interest in paying to be on the television show.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Also:
    Phil and Willie Robertson talk about fake bleeps and their faith portrayed in the show

[video=youtube;Y_0XS1vaX-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0XS1vaX-M[/video]

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I think the Robertson's are great people and have great character. I've found that the longer the show goes on, the worse the phony drama gets. Again, I think they're a great family but going along with the phony story lines is at some level a lie. I'd rather watch them being them instead of the bs.

And there's absolutely no way they're running a successful business if it's just those 4 building duck calls like they show on tv.

Yea, thats it alright. I enjoy the show, it's entertainment, and they seem like nice people.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I'd read something in December that said they had around 60 people working at Duck Commander but even with the explosion in sales, they're still all made there.

Top Bottom