Wanna buy Phil Robertson's Duck Commander Truck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No. I don't even see the fascination with this show or half the other ones out there? At walmart they have a whole duck dynesty display of items you can buy. If I'm gonna be a billboard for someone's tv show, I think they should pay me!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No. I don't even see the fascination with this show or half the other ones out there? At walmart they have a whole duck dynesty display of items you can buy. If I'm gonna be a billboard for someone's tv show, I think they should pay me!

This. I'm so sick of people gobbling up this fake staged crap as "reality". I had to brave Walmart last night briefly and counted no less than 5 shoppers wearing the very same camo "happy happy happy" shirt that's on display as you walk in the door. :rolleyes:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wouldn't want the truck. Although I do enjoy the show very much, I am sickened by the amount of merchandise everywhere. I'd rather spend money on INGO gear.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

This. I'm so sick of people gobbling up this fake staged crap as "reality". I had to brave Walmart last night briefly and counted no less than 5 shoppers wearing the very same camo "happy happy happy" shirt that's on display as you walk in the door. :rolleyes:

So a gun-friendly show about good old fashioned God-fearing people with strong family bonds who have built themselves into multi-millionaires from a meager starting position is NOT something to latch onto? I don't watch the show, don't wear the products, but they are EXACTLY who I want people to wear the shirts of and to model the behavior/actions of.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So a gun-friendly show about good old fashioned God-fearing people with strong family bonds who have built themselves into multi-millionaires from a meager starting position is NOT something to latch onto?
    They may well be good people, but the way the show is edited and the staged antics turns them into bright, shiny, and highly marketable caricatures of good people. It's the same old drama under the guise of "reality", just with a different target demographic. And that demographic eats it up just like others eat up "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or "Pawn Stars".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So a gun-friendly show about good old fashioned God-fearing people with strong family bonds who have built themselves into multi-millionaires from a meager starting position is NOT something to latch onto? I don't watch the show, don't wear the products, but they are EXACTLY who I want people to wear the shirts of and to model the behavior/actions of.
    Yeah go ahead and latch onto their fake production. As long as people realize that this show is pure entertainment and not real life then fine. But please don't come back about good ole fashioned values Ect Ect ... They make plenty of dirty references and jokes that even this non church goin joe wouldn't let his kid watch. And if you think their marketing department cares about values, then I have a bridge in Alaska I want to sell you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like the show... :dunno: But I have no illusions that it is anything other than what it is... entertainment. As for "dirty references", compared to just about anything else on TV these days (except for maybe some Christian channel programming), I think it's pretty tame. I mean look, we have former Disney stars "Twerking" now for cryin' out loud. And staged or not, most of the time, they do exhibit good family values IMHO.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I like the show too. Contrived, staged, poetic license? sure.
    I turn on the tube for entertainment.
    What do you use your TV for?

BTW on topic: I don't pay a premium to advertise companies products either.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't buy it although I do like the show. Now the shoes Miley Cyrus wore while "twerking"? Oh hell yeah, second mortgage on the house to get my hands on those bad boys. Just think of the life lessons and skills my daughter could pick up wearing those.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    No, I'd have to grow a beard if I bought the truck and the wife would nix that. I really like the show. It makes me laugh out loud ( I ain't an easy mark) and talk about it to other fans. I also like that it is G rated. The Robertsons are geniuses at marketing and have really made a dynasty out of nothing. They freely talk about their faults and failings, as well as, their faith. All these things are what the "American Dream" is about. I respect anyone's right not to like the show, but get real. Hey Jack, I don't understand people spending hundreds of dollars to watch professional sports, but if it floats their boat, then more power to them. I saw the Robertsons in person and the most that was prepared was, Willie had some notes scribbled down on a piece of notebook paper. The others just talked about themselves and each other off the top of their heads. It was like having friends over, whom you like, and listening to their interesting and funny stories.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Please give me an example of the type of show that should be produced if Duck Dynasty is not it. America is embracing it, kids are watching it and see extended families together praying, shooting guns, hunting, and being successful.

It is frustrating that every pro-gun show is bashed by this forum. A dirty joke tarnishes ones value system to the point people should not emulate them? Crap. I guess I'm hosed now. I'll try to find another guy for my kids to look up to now.

every documentary and fact-based movie does the same thing. It's a TV show. Yeesh.

the freaking marketing department is there to make money for them based the popularity that their personalityand values has gotten them. Are you anti-capitaist now? :n00b:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom