• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'll do that. I'm getting a chance to shoot a M1 next Wednesday if all goes well. Hopefully, if things go well, I'll have a M2 sometime afterwards. Trying to decide if I want to wait for the next 1500 or just order online...

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I put over 10k through my mk1 before I decided I shot just about any other 9mm better with less training to boot. There was the occasional failure to lock back due to the size of the slide lock and a grip with high thumbs. Then there's the difficult to procure magazines and lack of after market support. All that being said, it was reliable, cool, and as accurate as you could make it.

noone1569

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    I just picked up a PPQ M2 in 9mm last week; shot it today at BGR. Loved the thing; posted a thread here with a mild review. Anyone that ever wants to try one out, feel free to let me know, and I'll meet up with you at the Range.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just picked up a PPQ M2 in 9mm last week; shot it today at BGR. Loved the thing; posted a thread here with a mild review. Anyone that ever wants to try one out, feel free to let me know, and I'll meet up with you at the Range.

I might have to take you up on that sometime. I'm shooting an M1 this Wednesday thanks to TopDog and am curious if there's any noticeable difference between the models.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I finally got to shoot a PPQ today. Thanks to TopDog for allowing me to shoot it and 2 other Walthers that he had. We met up over at Indy Trading Post, my first visit there and we proceeded to try each others handguns out. I enjoyed shooting both the PPS and P99C (anti stress or anti panic, I don't recall the exact nomenclature). Both were very nice. I was impressed the PPS was pretty comfortable to shoot for such a thin, light gun. I wasn't as accurate with it as the PPQ, but they are two different types of handgun.

The Walther PPQ is amazing! I really, really liked it. It was an absolute joy to shoot and the trigger is phenomenal. Very similar to my Glock 34 trigger, very light and smooth, without being too light. TopDog's PPQ was a M1, so now I'm trying to decide between the M1 and M2. I'm sure I would be happy with either. I was very glad that TopDog enjoyed firing both my M&P VTAC and the G34. I now have him hooked on the G34 and he says it will be his next handgun purchase :D

All in all, it was a fantastic lunch break and I will be ordering myself a PPQ soon. Thanks again TopDog!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well, I finally got to shoot a PPQ today. Thanks to TopDog for allowing me to shoot it and 2 other Walthers that he had. We met up over at Indy Trading Post, my first visit there and we proceeded to try each others handguns out. I enjoyed shooting both the PPS and P99C (anti stress or anti panic, I don't recall the exact nomenclature). Both were very nice. I was impressed the PPS was pretty comfortable to shoot for such a thin, light gun. I wasn't as accurate with it as the PPQ, but they are two different types of handgun.

The Walther PPQ is amazing! I really, really liked it. It was an absolute joy to shoot and the trigger is phenomenal. Very similar to my Glock 34 trigger, very light and smooth, without being too light. TopDog's PPQ was a M1, so now I'm trying to decide between the M1 and M2. I'm sure I would be happy with either. I was very glad that TopDog enjoyed firing both my M&P VTAC and the G34. I now have him hooked on the G34 and he says it will be his next handgun purchase :D

All in all, it was a fantastic lunch break and I will be ordering myself a PPQ soon. Thanks again TopDog!

Yes Sir first time I shot a Glock 34, now I am hooked. Certainly will be my next handgun purchase. Just my opinion but the 34 was nicer than the M&P VTAC, not to offend the loyal M&P fan boys as it was a very nice shooter, I am a Glock fan from way back.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thought I'd share a couple of the targets from today's range visit. I've only been shooting for about 4 months, so I'm not fantastic, but I was pretty proud of a couple of my attempts with the PPQ. As noted on the target, I believe this was at 7M.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Do the M1 and M2 versions use the same magazines?

That would unfortunately be a no. :(

From Walther:
    "PPQ M1 mags will only work with the M1 PPQ (classic) firearm which has a lever release on the trigger guard."
    "PPQ M2 mags will only work with the M2 PPQ firearm (new for 2013) with a thumb mag release."

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That kinda sucks. Didn't FN do a similar switch with their FNP/FNX/FNS?

Yes they did, I have 7 or 8 FNP mags and was disappointed when the FNX came out that it used a different magazine. Rats!

Note that with the Walther they are two completely different magazine releases. One is a paddle on the trigger guard and the other is a button on the side. Fournatly the Magnum research Baby Eagle fast action mags work with the PPQ M1 which are on an average $10 cheaper.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking to feed my handgun addiction again :D

Anyone have a Walther PPQ M2 that could give me some feedback? I've heard they're excellent shooters and have one of the best triggers for a striker fired gun and a great grip. I see Grab a Gun, Dean's Gun Shop and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore all have them for around $550 shipped which seems reasonable.
    That is a Good Deal on a PPQ. I am also one that prefers the Walther trigger guard magazine release. It's very intuitive but I understand your point about wanting the same magazine release on all your guns. Personally, I like variety. ;-)

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    It's only 1 month wait, Tom. You can do it. Worth the wait judging from your tryout with TopDog... seem like walther is the way to go for compact, range fun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know Brandon, but I was all set to order last night when I realized funds weren't available. A month is a long time when you want something this bad...lol!

Top Bottom