• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    My PPQ MK1 had a gritty as hell trigger that took lots of rounds and lube to break in. Just curious.

I've never heard of a PPQ having a "gritty" trigger. I'm not saying you are wrong by any means but from what I think (and many others) the trigger is as smooth as any pistol I've ever shot.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    No, the MK1 is the original paddle release. You're thinking PPQ First Edition, or whatever awful name they gave it. Yeah, my 9mm had a gritty trigger for a long time before it broke in. It wasn't uncommon if you check the Walther forums. I was up at Blythes and held both the .40 long slide and 9mm standard, the .40 had a noticeably better trigger. Super silky. The 9 felt like mine used to.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Got to shoot wtburnette's new PPQ long slide today. Butter, it was like butter, so smooth. You would think that gun had come from some custom gun shop the trigger was so good. Shot a 20 round, inch and half group at 7 yards. Awesome gun. I also shot my Glock 34. No Comparison, the PPQ wins hands down.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got to shoot wtburnette's new PPQ long slide today. Butter, it was like butter, so smooth. You would think that gun had come from some custom gun shop the trigger was so good. Shot a 20 round, inch and half group at 7 yards. Awesome gun. I also shot my Glock 34. No Comparison, the PPQ wins hands down.

Great shooting with you today TopDog! It was great to get a chance to shoot some 1911's and a CZ. That was a good time :)

I completely agree with you on the PPQ long slide. I really didn't expect it to perform that much better than my G34, but it did. I shot both, back to back and the PPQ consistently felt better and shot better. I'm very impressed with this gun and while I still enjoy the G34, I'll be interested to see if the PPQ ends up taking the place of the G34 for some competitors. I need to shoot both at further distances at BGF this weekend to see if it continues to be amazing and continues to outperform my G34.

Top Bottom