• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    40000/550 rounds in a bulk pack equals 72 (and some change) bulk packs.

72 packs times $20 per pack (rough) equals $1454

Average new P22, about $340ish... :D

The slide is zinc (or Zamac maybe), looked like a fairly uniform fracture. While folks love 'em (and I liked the one I had), I wouldn't necessarily consider them a high volume pistol like that. My sister wore mine out in 6 bulk packs, loose enough in tolerance it would not keep any accuracy. Clearly a bad pistol, but Walther didn't help out, claiming "abuse" and wear and tear. This is the reason I am not a fan of those great pistols...

Now that being said, I would like to see pics of Rugers with similar round counts to see what, if any, potential wear points are, particularly the poly framed critters.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    klink_hochstetter.jpg

Hochstetter: I sinks zee designer shooould be arrrrrrested and then shot for treason.
    Klink: Ah but Major Hochstetter our pistol is broken.
    Hochstetter: ALRITE KLINK! Put zem in zee Cooler for SREEE VEEEKS until zee replacement slide comes in.
    Klink:SCHULTZ!!!!!
    Schultz: yavol!!!
    Klink:Schultz make sure this order for a replacement slides gets out right away.
    Schultz: Yavol!! herr Colonel
    (Meanwhile Underground, Hogan and the crew are making terrible slides for the P22)

(sorry my mind can be a frightening place :D)

On a serious note somebody should come out with a higher quality replacement slide already.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Got a reply from Walther

I got a return email from S&W/Walther today. It was short and sweet and said:
    Please send the gun to:
    SAW Rep
    Walther Rep
    Address xxxxxxxxx
    Address xxxxxxxxx

Have a good day!

I will send it out tomorrow or Thursday and see what happens...

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dang! Not too shabby! My slide cracked on mine the side oppisite ejection port and since I've had it for more than a year, I had to buy a while new stripped slide (and put it back together). Only $40 but still... I wassnt angry or anything. I probably used mine just as much as yours.

So congrats that they are gonna fix it for ya

Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Seen several pics of p-22s like this.....makes me like my old ugly mark 2 even more id say its had 50k+ through it and shoots like they day it was new

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Did I miss somehing? I see where they are requesting it back, but not where they are implying to cover anything under warranty. Unless I overlooked it completely. I'm not surprised the want it back-hopefully to realize that they should use a different material for the slide.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Did I miss somehing? I see where they are requesting it back, but not where they are implying to cover anything under warranty. Unless I overlooked it completely. I'm not surprised the want it back-hopefully to realize that they should use a different material for the slide.

A different slide material would cost Walther (and, indirectly, S&W) too much money.

The P22 is too expensive for what it is anyhow. No need to add $100+ more to the cost!

-J-

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

You are correct, they haven't said anything about replacing it or charging me. That said, my past experiences with S&W have been extremely positive and I am sincerely hoping that this one follows suit.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You are correct, they haven't said anything about replacing it or charging me. That said, my past experiences with S&W have been extremely positive and I am sincerely hoping that this one follows suit.

In the event that they tell you that the gun has simply exceeded its expected service life and that you need to pay to replace the slide, whatcha gonna do?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah I had an issue with a Walther SP22 a while back. Thats when I was reminded by Walther/S&W customer service that the Walther firearms only have a 1 year warranty.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    . Thats when I was reminded by Walther/S&W customer service that the Walther firearms only have a 1 year warranty.

Really? I just sent in an SP22 that had been sitting on our shelf for, like, ever (way more than a year). S&W sent me an airbill to return it, then fixed it and sent it back at no charge.

Top Bottom