• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    If you like, I can loan you my wife's hideously ugly P22.

QAP22509.jpg

She adores the thing, so I'm leaving this thread before I get caught. :laugh:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not Super glue, not epoxy, not duct tape.

This is INGO. Have you guys learned NOTHING in your time here?

Put it in a container of uncooked rice for about 24 hrs..

Glad no one was hurt, and good luck with Walther... Please keep us informed about their customer service.

Blessings,
    Bill

Now Bill you know that the container of uncooked rice by itself is for cell phones only.

It's the firearm wrapped in bacon, placed in a container of uncooked rice for 24 hours that is the correct process for this, after all bacon is the magical part of this procedure.

Man and I thought this topic was fully covered in the FAQ, looks like mod retraining time.:D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    50k rounds with a suppressor? Is it even supose to last half that long? You must be able to shoot in your back yard to hget that much shooting time. I'm jealous.

I shoot a lot. I have probably 2/3 of the total rounds through this gun with the suppressor attached. The suppressor is approaching 2.5x its original weight....

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I shoot a lot. I have probably 2/3 of the total rounds through this gun with the suppressor attached. The suppressor is approaching 2.5x its original weight....
    lol thats beautiful thats a lot of lead in that guy nice to know your toys are being enjoyed... and please keep us up todate on the p22 if there custom service is as good i may just have to pick up a p22 ..... running at least $1200 worth of 22 through this is amazing

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Combat45acp had a crack in his P22 slide in the same spot. Walther would only sell him another slide, they wouldn't fix it on their dime. YMMV.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Combat45acp had a crack in his P22 slide in the same spot. Walther would only sell him another slide, they wouldn't fix it on their dime. YMMV.

Ive heard this as well. Just last week I reading on walther forums about this, and everyone that had this happen (there were quite a few people), said walther would only sell them a new one.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ive heard this as well. Just last week I reading on walther forums about this, and everyone that had this happen (there were quite a few people), said walther would only sell them a new one.
    Well to be honest, if any other component were to fail (say main spring, firing pin, etc...) would the manufacturer always replace it out of their pocket? Parts are going to fail (although a slide itself I would think would be low on the list of failures)... That's to be expected.

I guess one should look into what is actually covered under warranty by Walther? :)

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Well to be honest, if any other component were to fail (say main spring, firing pin, etc...) would the manufacturer always replace it out of their pocket? Parts are going to fail (although a slide itself I would think would be low on the list of failures)... That's to be expected.

I guess one should look into what is actually covered under warranty by Walther? :)

Im not saying they should replace it out of their pocket, although with the same thing happening to so many people maybe they should, but I was more just giving him a heads up on what to expect incase VUPDblue was expecting to get it replaced for free.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Im not saying they should replace it out of their pocket, although with the same thing happening to so many people maybe they should, but I was more just giving him a heads up on what to expect incase VUPDblue was expecting to get it replaced for free.
    Yeah, not arguing, just giving my independent view on the situation :).

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I wonder if the slide may have been bumping the barrel extension on return and caused some extra stress in the zinc. I've heard of issues with those extensions coming loose for that reason.

As a P22 owner I have stated that I am less than impressed with its engineering.
    What does impress me is that the cast zinc slide lasted as long as it did. I would pay good money for a functional replacement slide in steel.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Glad no one got hurt on that deal. I owned a P22 for just a little while, but I ended up trading her off. After about 1000 rounds, I noticed I was getting some significant slide wear, and after a little research, I found out this was a common issue with some of these guns. That wear made me wonder what else would be in store for me one day, so away the gun went. Glad I made that decision. I could have been in your shoes at some point.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think the P22 made a good showing making it through that many rounds.. Perhaps a proper burial with full honors is in order?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Holy crap!

I've shot that same gun before, and knew you had a crap ton of rounds thru it. But didn't imagine it was THAT many...

I hope Walther fixes it so you can reach 100,000....

Top Bottom