• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derekb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    My local super walmart (just built last year) recently installed a couple of rifle cases.

The last (non-super) walmart stopped selling guns a couple years ago.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would be surprised if the Greenwood Walmart starts carrying guns again. Every year their gun supply section keeps getting smaller & smaller. It usually takes me 15-20 min just to find someone to sell me ammo.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Quit buying stuff there. Support your local gun shops or they won't be there next year and you'll have to deal with that idiot making minimum wage at wal mart when you might need some intelligent advice. Think about it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    it is difficult enough just to get help to purchase ammo from wally world. i would not even try to to purchase a gun there.
    I never, have a problem, buying ammo, in my Wal-Mart, know two employees, real well .....
    Greenfield, Wal-Mart, should have firearms, in March .....

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think it depends on the area youre in. No firearms in Indianapolis Walmarts.
    And youre right about the hired help there.

zqdime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    once upon a time I worked at walmart in the sporting goods department and sold guns for them. The reason they stopped selling guns at most stores is because they weren't that profitable. they only kept guns in stores that were considered more rural that sold a lot of them. I could see them expanding the stores they sell them in now because as others said guns are a hot ticket item right now.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    Ours stopped selling guns years ago...just had bb guns and optics in where the guns used to be.
    This week they've moved all the ammo over, and looks like a new gun cabinet has been installed.
    I asked the sporting goods manager years ago why they stopped selling guns in the first place....apparently they got slapped with a hefty fine from the ATF for having faulty paperwork.....putting abbrevs. where they should've been written out etc....
    and something about having several thousand dollars of inventory in the "back room" without propper documentation on those.:dunno:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Walmart is for anything that will make it a profit and against anything that will cost it any money. Now, I understand that Walmart is a for profit business and I don't normally expect anything else out of a corporate entity that is for profit. I'm for a free market and letting the market dictate things, but the inability of the workers who were fired to even fight back to protect themselves is ridiculous. I am personally trying to stay out of Walmart as much as possible, to help with my portion of letting the market dictate things.

Off-topic, but I like this response and I'm rep'ing it. You don't state that Wal-Mart is wrong for adhering to their policy, only that you disagree with it and you are exercising your right to operate within the Market to protest policy with which you disagree. Too many people (not on this site, but the general human race) decry that which they do not like or approve of, as being wrong, bad, or immoral. I appreciate that you disagree with the policy itself, but not Wal-Mart's right to enforce it. That is how the market works.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The Wal-mart by me in Columbus has always had long guns. I spoke with a man who is a Wal-Mart employee Friday at an orientation for a new job, and he said they're planning on getting long guns back into almost all of them, and handguns back into quite a few of them, but didn't know a timeline for that, or which locations.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I see people complain about the service at the gun counter at WM. I never have that problem... you see, I have the store phone number on my cell phone and if there's no one at the counter, I call the store and ask either for the department or for someone to please go to the counter to help me. Five minutes, tops. :thumbsup:

Blessings,
    Bill

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I've used the cell phone to call trick also!!! It always works....most of the time the guy comes from his hiding spots either behind some automotive shelves....or in the paint mixing area.:):

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    To me, it's just another attempt by Walmart to run the small business owners out of town. In my opinion, I would rather spend a buck or two more for a box of ammo from a small business owner than payless for it at a larger company owned chain. It matters to me where my money ends up. I would rather buy a gun from someone who actually knows about guns than from some 18 year old "kid" who is more worried about his next break. I simply enjoy Beech Grove Firearms, are they the cheapest, no, their store hours aren't real good for the working man 10:00 am to 6:00 pm I think, but those people know their stuff, Greg is a local man making a living, and his staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    get used to Wal-mart, they aren't going anywhere. Each department they have is running the smaller guys out. Groceries, bakeries, hardware stores, clothing stores, etc... If you want to go up against a giant like Wally, you better be damn unique and offer customer service.

Most people on this site probably wouldn't mind paying the little guy an extra dollar for that box of ammo for the customer service you get. Could you imagine using your cell phone to call the small gun shop and tell them that you are looking at their ammo and would like to purchase some? It's all about customer service.

Top Bottom