• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I prefer to support the local guy as well, but when I can get a 10/22 and 1100 rounds of ammo at Wal-Mart for less than the cost of the rifle at a local shop it seems like a no-brainer to me.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Sam Walton was an avid outdoorsman, bird hunter. I hear alot of corp. meetings were done over afternoons of quail hunting. I hope they do, for I feel that is what Mr Walton would want.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    My main issue with this is if Wal-Mart continues to get long guns, would I even change my shopping patterns? Probably not. Their prices were never great, the firearms had been manhandled a thousand times over and if it comes between me paying 200 bucks for a 10/22 at the local guy and 189 dollars at Wal-Mart, I'll pay the extra 11 bucks to the local guy every time. Why? I'm paying for his service, his knowledge and I'm supporting a local business. Also, time is money. I've heard several SNAFUs apocryphal stories of taking 45 minutes for someone to figure out how a 4473 is supposed to be filled out. Also, doesn't Wal-Mart walk you out with your purchase out of the store because the gun is evil and dangerous and once it is in your hands, it may cause you to kill children!?

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    if it comes between me paying 200 bucks for a 10/22 at the local guy and 189 dollars at Wal-Mart, I'll pay the extra 11 bucks to the local guy every time. Why? I'm paying for his service, his knowledge and I'm supporting a local business.

I'll do te same thing for the local shops that offer something Wal Mart doesn't. Many don't have any more of a clue than Wal Mart, or worse they actively perpetuate stupid myths and steer people in the wrong direction.

Competion is a good thing.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Also, doesn't Wal-Mart walk you out with your purchase out of the store because the gun is evil and dangerous and once it is in your hands, it may cause you to kill children!?
    I assume they still do. 6 or 7 years ago in Evansville I bought a 10/22 for my dad and the gentleman carried my rifle to the door. Took everything I had not to tuck my shirt in so he could see my .38 while he was carrying my unloaded and taped up in a box rifle.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Take this with a grain of salt. I have a friend who works in the Sporting Goods section at Walmart in Martinsville and she said they're going to be getting firearms again. They're just waiting on the display to set them up.

Like I said - this is a "someone at walmart said", but it could be interesting. Anyone else here of anything like this?

My Dad's walmart in KY never stopped selling guns I wonder why we did.
    I thought it was around the time someone shot themselves at galyans I could be wrong.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Sam Walton was an avid outdoorsman, bird hunter. I hear alot of corp. meetings were done over afternoons of quail hunting. I hope they do, for I feel that is what Mr Walton would want.

Yeah he was a decent man who also only sold U.S.A brands.
    Now the kids and the corp. I am not so sure about.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I was working out in the state of Washington last week and the Wal-Mart there had RCBS reloading equipment. Surprised me. It looked like they also had quite an assortment of lures for fly fishing.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I just asked a guy I work with {he worked at walmart in Martinsville} he said that
    they were saying that they were going to start carring them again?

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    it is difficult enough just to get help to purchase ammo from wally world. i would not even try to to purchase a gun there.

If it's like the Walmart I used to work at, there is indeed, someone covering the sporting goods dept- they are also getting goldfish for a customer, outside getting carts, in the electronics dept. helping out, and in hardware, mixing paint.:xmad:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Wal-Mart just iratates me to no end. I shop at cabin fever here in scottsburg religously, Squire the owner is very helpfull, and has alway shot straight with me and always willing to take the time to answer any questions or just talk guns ( you cant get that at a chain store). His ammo is a lil higher than most places, But his gun prices are amazing! Ill gladly pay him a few extra bucks for his ammo, vs buyin at WM.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I tried calling a the Walmart in Columbus yesterday to get a price on a shotgun & got put on hold for about 10 min. Once I finally got someone he did not have a clue what a Remington 870 was. He told me to hold on because he had a customer that knew about guns that was going to help him. That sad that the employees don't know anything about the department they work in.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm about to stop shooping at Wal-Mart in Columbus altogether.

They're now checking recepits on the way out. To the point I was there with my best friend 2 weeks ago and she was asked for her receipt, she replied "yes I have it" and the lady actually CHASED her to the detectors demanding to see her receipt. We turned directly around and returned the $100 printer she'd just bought.

I complained at the time and was told it was new policy for all non-bagged items. Funny I just witnessed an older couple get stopped today to check their receipt for a cart full of groceries, ALL bagged.

Last I knew, in Indiana, they cannot stop or detain you without legitimate suspicion of a crime (theft), and if they physically detain you at all and you are innocent, it can be an assault and/or unlawful imprisonment charge against them.

So to me it appears that they are accusing many legitimate customers who spend their money there, of being thieves. If they want my money, and accuse me of being a thief, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    shoot they checked my reciept for cashing a check there the other day...lol. i asked if she was for real and she said that i walked out of customer service putting money in my wallet and she had to see a reciept for my transaction. i said no and continued walking out.

Top Bottom