• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Wait, tonight? How late are we talking? This is a good sign folks.

Hey guys.It's not Wal-Mart, but I was in Rural King in Logansport today and on the ammo shelves they had multiple box's of 7.63x39 among other calibers and a big sign taped to the shelve that said "We have .22LR ammo at the service desk". Like you all I was shocked!! I almost went up front just to stare at it. LOL! Like you said "this is a good sign folks" Hope it keeps up?

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    i was in walmart in clarksville around 5pm today and they had several boxes of .223, 7.62x39, .40, .45. i was looking for .380 and 9mm and found none. of all the ammo ive been looking at lately seems .380 is the hardest to find right now.

bigtank1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    United States
    I was at Gander Mountain today in Evansville and they had a small table full of CCI Mini Mags. Was just about gone by the time I left the store. Picked up a couple boxes for myself, but others were buying the 10 box limit. They have been pretty fully stocked in 5.56/.223 the last couple weeks. The prices are still a bit steep (as usual at GM anyways), but availability is becoming less of an issue.

brg1966

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Muncie
    Sorry guys...Had some chores to do...I went to the Wal-Mart on the north side of Muncie. They also had AR15 150 round boxes for 69 and 120 boxes for 60.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    i was in walmart in clarksville around 5pm today and they had several boxes of .223, 7.62x39, .40, .45. i was looking for .380 and 9mm and found none. of all the ammo ive been looking at lately seems .380 is the hardest to find right now.

Don't know if you have a SHOPKO (Spelling??) in your neighborhood but the last two that I was in (Attica and Rockville) had .380 ammo in small quantities.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Walmart in Paoli had 9, 40, 45, 7.62x39, and some 223 when I went in there earlier this week. Still no .22's.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Noblesville Wal-Mart had CCI 22LR in stock this afternoon. I expected to see a line, but most in the sporting goods area seemed uninterested. I picked up my 3 boxes and there were about 15 or so boxes left. Otherwise, there was plenty of .223/5.56, 9mm, .40, and .45 in the case.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The 22 is not going to come back for some time. I know several people with more than 10k rounds, and I know one guy who has, literally, a PALLET of cases of bricks. Probably like 30k rounds or more. The people that never saw a 22 shortage coming, had a few bricks, or a few thousand set back, and now they see the need for having much much more. So when it shows up on a shelf, ITS GONE, and thats assuming it even makes it to the shelf. Between the employees hiding it for themselves, and for people they know. The ammo we see, is only a small percentage of whats there. Its selfishness, but I completely understand it...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    local walmart was as of yesterday stocked with 9mm 40 and 45,didnt take time to notice .22 tho. i did notice tho they had multiple places for the same round tho, like they were making the appearance of full shelves.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I have two .22 caliber firearms, I haven't shot them in years. I don't know why the shortage for .22 but I don't really shoot it so it doesn't bother me.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Don't know if you have a SHOPKO (Spelling??) in your neighborhood but the last two that I was in (Attica and Rockville) had .380 ammo in small quantities.

no none around that im aware of. ive found some online lately and bought some at some fairly good prices but ill keep checking. thanks for the heads up!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hey hoarders!! I heard the guvmint is about to ban the production of .50 BMG. Better invest in a few pallets RIGHT AWAY!

:eek:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The 22 is not going to come back for some time. I know several people with more than 10k rounds, and I know one guy who has, literally, a PALLET of cases of bricks. Probably like 30k rounds or more. The people that never saw a 22 shortage coming, had a few bricks, or a few thousand set back, and now they see the need for having much much more. So when it shows up on a shelf, ITS GONE, and thats assuming it even makes it to the shelf. Between the employees hiding it for themselves, and for people they know. The ammo we see, is only a small percentage of whats there. Its selfishness, but I completely understand it...
    Seems to be coming back to me. First time in months its been seen on the shelves past 12 in the afternoon. This isn't the first time it's happened; it's only the most severe. It will come back in due time. The market will fix the shortage.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You are a serious optimist... 500 rounds on the shelf, once a month, when you happen to be at the store, is hardly what Id call "coming back" Of course its getting better, weve past the peak of the crisis, and the more time goes by, the better it is gonna get, barring another incident. But its gonna be some time until you can walk into a store and the shelves are full of 22 again.

bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    From what I've been seeing (in muncie anyway). Rural king and dunhams keeps more on shelves than Walmart. Plenty of 22s and 380s right now at rural king. They still get 1400 rd buckets of 22 from time to time. Or if your hard up you can go to mcgallaird guns. They usually have a lot but its marked up quite a bit.

Top Bottom