• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Hey all! First post on this board (not counting the intro post I made in another section).

I applied for my license to carry about thirty-nine to forty days ago. I've not heard anything since. Has anyone out there recently applied for their license (within the last three months) and if you did how long did it take or are you still waiting? Is this going to take three months or what? I applied for the lifetime license and that thing cost me $125.00 I don't mind waiting a little while but why doesn't the state hire a few more people to process the applications faster?

Its nice to be on this board. I recently bought my first semi-auto handgun, a Sig Sauer Sig Pro 2022 in 9mm. This is my first semi-auto so I'm a newbie. It's been fun learning about cleaning and lubricating it and shooting it. I enjoy shooting the 9mm, little kick and not too loud. It's a fun gun to shoot (when I can find the ammo).

The only problem I have now is that I want three or four more semi-autos! Sigs and Berettas! Those Sigs are cool and Berettas are sweet!

Anyway, thanks!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Wait times are tracked in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/6875-current_ltch_wait.html

The wait right now, if you did L1 fingerprinting, is about 7-8 weeks and last we knew they were processing LC apps from December 29/30. Non-L1 fingerprinting (with ink and fingerprint cards) are taking about 3 months right now. I had heard, albeit not from anyone in a position of authority within the firearms licensing section, that they were bringing in extra help. Whether or not it's true is anyone's guess.

Indiana Code only gives them 60 days to arrive at a decision, but they've pretty much been ignoring that.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    haha ... its so cute to see some people upset about waiting a few weeks. :) Ive been waiting since early Nov for mine and I haven't gotten anything yet!! :( Theres a # number listed in the thread linked to above and you can call in and ask about the status of yours but if you havent been waiting 3 months I wouldnt even bother. Ive heard stories on here about people being hung up on when asking about their status.

JT21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Richmond
    man, 3 months sounds like a dream to me! i waited almost a year to finally receive mine, but of course i had a denial, an appeal, 2 court dates and finally, an overturn and an issued license. all over a "misunderstanding" Why cant things just be simple :dunno:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you think this wait is bad, wait until you start buying NFA items and waiting 6 months or more for each stamp to arrive. You pay for a suppressor, SBR or other goodies and can't even take them home until the stamps arrive.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By law, they have 60 days to process it. If it's past 60 days, you can always call a lawyer and sue for redress. Not that it's likely to speed up your application any...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wait times are tracked in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/6875-current_ltch_wait.html

The wait right now, if you did L1 fingerprinting, is about 7-8 weeks and last we knew they were processing LC apps from December 29/30. Non-L1 fingerprinting (with ink and fingerprint cards) are taking about 3 months right now. I had heard, albeit not from anyone in a position of authority within the firearms licensing section, that they were bringing in extra help. Whether or not it's true is anyone's guess.

Indiana Code only gives them 60 days to arrive at a decision, but they've pretty much been ignoring that.
    That sucks, back when the wife and I got ours, it was about 7 days from the time we did L1 until we actually got the license in the mail.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    If Indiana offered it, I would have been happy to pay ten or fifteen dollars more for express service. Heck, if someone is willing to put out $125 for a lifetime permit I bet they wouldn't mind paying a little more to the state so the state can hire more people and process their application faster.

I do wonder though, maybe the state does not want so many people carrying handguns and this is their way of slowing it down.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If Indiana offered it, I would have been happy to pay ten or fifteen dollars more for express service. Heck, if someone is willing to put out $125 for a lifetime permit I bet they wouldn't mind paying a little more to the state so the state can hire more people and process their application faster.

I would not agree to be extorted in exchange for the ISP following the mandated 60 day time limit for them to process an application. It's bad enough that I have to have state permission to exercise a right to begin with.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would not agree to be extorted in exchange for the ISP following the mandated 60 day time limit for them to process an application. It's bad enough that I have to have state permission to exercise a right to begin with.
    You don't have to have permission to exercise it - you can do so without the license... You just won't get to do so for very long.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

I do wonder though, maybe the state does not want so many people carrying handguns and this is their way of slowing it down.

They do, it's L1. That only worked though when it was calm. When I did L1 the county was quoting 1 week turn-arounds. Now L1 is still months...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    That sucks, back when the wife and I got ours, it was about 7 days from the time we did L1 until we actually got the license in the mail.

Yep. Wish I had done mine when my father did last year, but with college, my permanent address was up in the air and I didn't wanna deal with the hassle...pffft...If only I had known. He did his non-L1 at that point and had license in hand less than 2 weeks after his application was submitted.

Live and learn.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yep. Wish I had done mine when my father did last year, but with college, my permanent address was up in the air and I didn't wanna deal with the hassle...pffft...If only I had known. He did his non-L1 at that point and had license in hand less than 2 weeks after his application was submitted.

Live and learn.
    Updating the address is simple enough, I'd just have put an address where I could receive mail and call it a day.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Updating the address is simple enough, I'd just have put an address where I could receive mail and call it a day.

Well, I would have had to find a way to get home in the middle of the week during the hours that Fayette County did application paperwork, which was around...8-8:30 AM about two days a week. With classes everyday, I couldn't really make it happen. I should have just changed the address on my drivers license at the time and done it here, rather than wait several months. Definitely a mistake, but hey, it should be here any day. :yesway:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, I would have had to find a way to get home in the middle of the week during the hours that Fayette County did application paperwork, which was around...8-8:30 AM about two days a week. With classes everyday, I couldn't really make it happen. I should have just changed the address on my drivers license at the time and done it here, rather than wait several months. Definitely a mistake, but hey, it should be here any day. :yesway:
    Nevermind, misread.

Top Bottom