• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My wife prefers it the way it is, and that is ALL I care about.

Could care less about the rest of you, and I dont give a rip about anyone in San Fran.

Do what you will with your willies.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Or is it giving proper medical care to your child?

Also, female cicumcision is not comparable to male circumcision.

I can honestly say I have no idea what female circumcision is.

The only thing that comes to mind, is givin the meat curtains a little trim job. :)

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Or is it giving proper medical care to your child?

If it were "proper" or "necessary", uncircumcised men would be clamoring to get them on an elective basis. Entire civilizations get along just fine without it. Outside of rare cases, it is at best a religious or cosmetic issue and has nothing to do with "proper medical care".

Also, female cicumcision is not comparable to male circumcision.
    Genital mutilation by any other name is still genital mutilation.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A good way to put this into perspective would be to ask by a show of hands, would anyone here like to have me cut off a piece of their penis?

Congratulations, you just got more choice than the infants did.

Everyone here is always going on and on about personal liberty. How about an infants liberty to choose to not have his junk cut on?

I'm clipped and I don't really care about this issue either way. But look at it objectively (which I know for some is hard) ...

Cutting on an infants junk...

exactly. if i have a son I will not be making that decision for him. when he is an adult if he wants to be circumsized then its his body and he can do it. Heck I will even pay for it for him. just like I told my wife about our daughters ears getting pierced or tattoos. its her body, so if she wants it then as soon as she asks then fine (she has her ears pierced now). the tattoos will probly have to wait till she is atleast about 16 though. if she even wants any.

:dunno:

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    What is this except elective cosmetic surgery performed on somebody that can't complain or consent?
    Who here would support a parent's right to, say, chop off a baby's pinky toe that their shoes will fit better? What about a little trim on the earlobes?

Those health benefits are just an attempt to justify religious reasons. And those... well, really, it's the twenty-first century. We have opposable thumbs nowadays, and soap.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What is this except elective cosmetic surgery performed on somebody that can't complain or consent?
    Who here would support a parent's right to, say, chop off a baby's pinky toe that their shoes will fit better? What about a little trim on the earlobes?

Those health benefits are just an attempt to justify religious reasons. And those... well, really, it's the twenty-first century. We have opposable thumbs nowadays, and soap.
    Weirdly enough, I also thought of the pinky toe thing. I wonder where that comes from...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

There are proven medical benefits for circumcision. For example, uncircumcised males are at a much higher risk for carrying and spreading HPV, to name one.
    Will your child be fine without having this done? maybe, maybe not. it all depends on lifestyle and their attention to hygiene.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    There are proven medical benefits for circumcision. For example, uncircumcised males are at a much higher risk for carrying and spreading HPV, to name one.
    FAIL...where is the data?
    Will your child be fine without having this done? maybe, maybe not. it all depends on lifestyle and their attention to hygiene.
    My two brothers and I didn't get butchered and have not even once had any type of issues you speak of...hygiene is key.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If I had had a male child, I would have insisted he stay intact. I think it's a cruel and silly procedure.

That said, I'm not yet ready to say it should be legislated against, but I lean that way.

Or should I say, I dress to that side.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    FAIL...where is the data?

My two brothers and I didn't get butchered and have not even once had any type of issues you speak of...hygiene is key.

I am starting to get a very odd feeling that.....

This is turning into a giant swordfight, debating who has the better johnson.

I am starting to get... uncomfortable.

It really seems that some people feel strongly on this.

Which to me, is odd.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I am starting to get a very odd feeling that.....

This is turning into a giant swordfight, debating who has the better johnson.

I am starting to get... uncomfortable.

It really seems that some people feel strongly on this.

Which to me, is odd.

It is odd that many just follow along with tradition, no matter how barbaric.

Top Bottom