• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't know really even about a doctor...there are family therapists that can help with tools to communicate better for both of you and tools to help cope with stress so it is easier to make clear decisions.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't know really even about a doctor...there are family therapists that can help with tools to communicate better for both of you and tools to help cope with stress so it is easier to make clear decisions.
    It is a great idea. I had my son in family therapy in the past. The doc, they're a swell person to talk and a friend but my insurance doesn't cover those sessions. They would probably be the only ones I would trust in talking with my son.

Anyway, I hope cps can make clear decissions tomorrow. She did seem like a nice person though. We'll see what kinda fruitful charges they come up with. This isn't fun.
    I am a little stressed at the situation and it really ticks me off. But not to the point of what hammer makes me out to be. I guess if there wasn't so much bs drama going on so frequently, uhh :dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    First of all, I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family. Second, please don't dismiss what Hammer24 said earlier. It wouldn't hurt for you both to seek some sort of professional counseling or insight. I've never met you and obviously don't know anything more than what you've posted here, but there are some very clear repetitions and themes running through a lot of your posts in this thread and the other. Again, I mean no offense to you as I do not know you, but it might be wise for you and your son to seek more appropriate assistance. I wish you the very best.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    It is a great idea. I had my son in family therapy in the past. The doc, they're a swell person to talk and a friend but my insurance doesn't cover those sessions. They would probably be the only ones I would trust in talking with my son.

Anyway, I hope cps can make clear decissions tomorrow. She did seem like a nice person though. We'll see what kinda fruitful charges they come up with. This isn't fun.
    I am a little stressed at the situation and it really ticks me off. But not to the point of what hammer makes me out to be. I guess if there wasn't so much bs drama going on so frequently, uhh :dunno:

I've been lurking, keeping my ideas to myself since you've been bombarded with ideas and opinions from all sides. Now it's time for my two cents, take it or leave it. I don't know your beliefs, but do you have a pastor you trust? Mine was of inestimable value when I was going through a tough divorce. He didn't charge a cent! God's peace be with you and yours.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Thanks harmon. I'll be looking into some help for my son.
    I really wish you folks didn't use posting as a way to judge a man though. That's typically done by the actions or willingness of a person. Posting opinions, ranting, etc. is all it is. It has no basis. Millions of people don't construct their writings in any particular fashion.
    Everything I discussed here about the call to cps, can have a negative effect on my employment as well as the 2a. Like 88gt stated, there could be serious charges from this. Maybe I shouldn't be worried about it. Maybe an employer should have the right to ask about firearms. Maybe they should have the right to search a vehicle. Maybe I shouldn't be defending or supportive of the 2nd A.:dunno:
    Good day sir.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I really wish you folks didn't use posting as a way to judge a man though.

than what should they judge you on? your airing out personal issues on the internet of all places and asking for help/opinions, people make judgments it's human nature especially when asked about a situation that all they know about is what they are told. if you don't want/like judgements and assumptions you think people are making then you maybe you should have thought twice about asking people you don't know for advice over the internet.:twocents:

I do feel for your situation though as I dealt with nearly an identical issue with my drug addict brother when we both lived at home. it's kinda a catch .22 dealing with the state, they are worthless as far as actually being able to do anything to help you but they are great at telling you what you can't do. I dealt with it with my mom and brother for years and what I learned is CPS really doesn't do anything to help anyone out because there isn't really anything they can do or are willing to do, they put it on the parents to do everything.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Basically tyler, just seeking maybe some legal advice on a few of these issues mainly for dealing with cps. Charges, recourse, loss of employment from jail time over the bs, some stuff like that. It is a big concern to me at how easily a man can be railroaded.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would second what joslar says as far as the pastor goes. Talking to someone to vent and get things off your chest could definitely help relieve some stress for you if thats what you're feeling. Maybe a pastor could even help your relationship grow between you and your son. Good luck on all this and stay strong CPS is a ***** I wouldn't trust anything they say if I were you they're some of the lowest forms of life if you ask me.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I would second what joslar says as far as the pastor goes. Talking to someone to vent and get things off your chest could definitely help relieve some stress for you if thats what you're feeling. Maybe a pastor could even help your relationship grow between you and your son. Good luck on all this and stay strong CPS is a ***** I wouldn't trust anything they say if I were you they're some of the lowest forms of life if you ask me.
    I'll try it out for my son.
    BTW, It's a good thing the computer dots the i's and crosses the t's for us. Maybe I'll take a writing class to.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I hate to bump this.

When CPS gets involved, it's a civil matter, not a criminal one. Unless you are doing something specifically illegal (drugs, abuse, serious neglect, etc.) there will not be any criminal charges to come. I don't know how they would react to firearms in the home, but if you have proper safety (locks, safe, etc.) and keep them away from your children (not letting them run around illegally with them) then that shouldn't be an issue (don't quote me on this).

Neglect does not equal not providing anything your child demands. Neglect equals not providing the essentials, food, clothing, shelter, schooling. From what you've said here, you're doing all that and providing safe child care (even if he fouls that up himself). There doesn't seem to be anything that CPS will have.

They will investigate, however not all investigations will be very in depth. If they talk to him, and he's ranting about how you not buying him a cell phone is neglect, they'll see through his BS.

She may be nice, but that means squat when it comes to the investigation, or anything they try to impose on you. They are not your friends. Keep your answers to them minimal.

I think you seem to be caught up with some misinformation, or concerned with what will, could, or might happen. Unfortunately I can't put together any type of prediction as to what will happen, not only because the postings here are incomplete, but because CPS is inherently unpredictable.

I say good luck to you.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    What happed?
    They never came with the order on Tues. Left a note on Thurs, it was found blowing around by someone on Fri. so I didn't get the note until late Fri morning. Basically, the note stated it wanted my son and I in their office by Fri, and during my work hours. I called them and told em to get the order and be prepared to take custody of him.
    I'm not the full custodial parent anyway. I don't know what they're doing knocking on my door and I'm not the one neglecting the boy.:dunno:
    I may be wrong but considering past bs drama, it seems it's being done intentionally as just another way to lean on somebody, cost em time off work (which interferes with feeding the kid) as usual. People do some strange and stupid unecessary s*** man. Someone can't get enough drama in their life.
    Strangest thing though, the caller (who ever it was) hasn't called for 7 days now to check on his well being.:dunno::nuts:

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    That doesn't mean anything. They are just lining up their ducks. Or trying to. :rolleyes:

I think he's referring to the anonymous tipster, not the CPS workers. He's saying that whomever decided to tell CPS that he was neglecting his kid hasn't called CPS back to find out any more information.

I could be wrong.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    You would think, who ever called cps on this horrible, horrible but responsible and working pos dirtbag paranoid sob, they would be calling my house or knocking on the door to check on the childs well being.:dunno:
    They really don't care would be my guess.:twocents:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    yeah they will tell you what to do and dick you around because they think they are your boss. Be here at this time I don't care what your schedule is. They will do it over and over again because they don't care and they like the power trip. Id get a lawyer if I were you and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Top Bottom