• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I certainly agree with taking things from him as a punishment but couldn't this be considered neglect? If I were to do that, someone that doesn't agree with that punishment, could retaliate and just take something from me.
    Kinda like a cell phone, if I don't buy him a cell phone and pay the bill, it could be considered neglect to a lot of people and they would just call cps with another bogus report.:dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't think so.
    I'm faced with more complications now.:laugh:
    My son tells me he's going to his moms after school tomorrow. He says she knows about him coming over. Should I believe it? :dunno:

There's part of your problem... He should not be " telling" you anything!!!
    Your the father... You TELL him what he's going to do! Period!
    I agree with those who say... Don't let cps or anyone else, for that matter, walk all over you!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I certainly agree with taking things from him as a punishment but couldn't this be considered neglect? If I were to do that, someone that doesn't agree with that punishment, could retaliate and just take something from me.
    Kinda like a cell phone, if I don't buy him a cell phone and pay the bill, it could be considered neglect to a lot of people and they would just call cps with another bogus report.:dunno:

Your kidding, right? Not giving your kid a cell phone= neglect??????
    And what is "someone" going to take from you if you take your kids phone away?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I agree with those who say... Don't let cps or anyone else, for that matter, walk all over you!
    I agree. It's a Dave against Goliath here to though. They're all just a bunch of thieves. It works out great for a lot of people that have a connection with it.
    Especially 2nd shift.
    We'll just have to see what cps says. So far no one has called to check in on him. This is an evil place to live ya know.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I think it's called bargaining rights, blackmail or liberty.:dunno:
    You make me babysitter, I cause you problems. I cause you problems, you pay for babysitter.
    You good worker, I cause you problems.
    You don't buy cell phone, I cause you problems. You make me pay for cell phone, I cause you problems.
    You let me steal from you, do what I please, run your m-efing life, no problems.
    You give me s***, I make phone call and cause you problems.
    This seems to be the attitude. I'm sure he's not learning all this on his own.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

And what is "someone" going to take from you if you take your kids phone away?

I agree. It's a Dave against Goliath here to though. They're all just a bunch of thieves. It works out great for a lot of people that have a connection with it.
    Especially 2nd shift.
    We'll just have to see what cps says. So far no one has called to check in on him. This is an evil place to live ya know.

You make me babysitter, I cause you problems. I cause you problems, you pay for babysitter.
    You don't buy cell phone, I cause you problems. You make me pay for cell phone, I cause you problems.
    You let me steal from you, do what I please, run your m-efing life, no problems.

You haven't answered my questions!
    What are you talking about... Bargaining rights? Blackmail? Liberty?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana

I was going to stay out of this one but this got to me.

No, he is not learning all on his own. He is learning it from you because you are allowing him to get away with it.

I got my daughter a cell phone. I grounded her from it when her grades dropped. She will get it back when her grades come back up. Nobody is going to come and take her because I am being a parent and require a level of performance for privileges like a cell phone.

She also lost the use of her gameboy, computer and a few other fun stuff because of grades. While she complains about it to anyone that will listen. CPS is not going to show up and take her because I am abusing her, no matter how much she thinks it is unfair.

I agree with a few others here, you need to step up and take control. It is your home and your rules. Your son don't like it, tuff. Do better and things will change to the better.

My daughter goes to someones house without my permission, she would be turned in a missing or a runaway.

You got to stop letting him run things. It will be hard because it seems you let it go for so long, but it needs to be done.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Like I said, the call was bs and we'll see what cps and the court order charges me with tomorrow, if anything. I'm sure I deserve it because I try to do the right thing. I'm always doing something wrong or owe someone something.:rolleyes:
    My son says he doesn't feel comfortable with the babysitting arrangement.
    He's over there 80% of the time anyway. His best friend lives there:dunno:. I know, I know, poor thing, right. He shouldn't have to stay there. Right?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    When I was younger, I stayed places I wasn't comfortable. I worked until I fixed it. Same principal here. Guess it's the, "change".
    People cause problems in peculiar ways.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    When we have a little extra money, I offer to do things with my son. Most of the time, he just wants to hang out in the neighborhood.
    Things have gotton more expensive within the last year and most of the time,we don't have extra money. It goes to keeping the bills in order. I'd like to do more for him but, I'm really at a stand still here and with the recent drama, things may not turn out so well.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was going to stay out of this one but this got to me.

No, he is not learning all on his own. He is learning it from you because you are allowing him to get away with it.

I got my daughter a cell phone. I grounded her from it when her grades dropped. She will get it back when her grades come back up. Nobody is going to come and take her because I am being a parent and require a level of performance for privileges like a cell phone.

She also lost the use of her gameboy, computer and a few other fun stuff because of grades. While she complains about it to anyone that will listen. CPS is not going to show up and take her because I am abusing her, no matter how much she thinks it is unfair.

I agree with a few others here, you need to step up and take control. It is your home and your rules. Your son don't like it, tuff. Do better and things will change to the better.

My daughter goes to someones house without my permission, she would be turned in a missing or a runaway.

You got to stop letting him run things. It will be hard because it seems you let it go for so long, but it needs to be done.

This I agree with, sorry about your luck...I pray you'll pull through!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

You are required to provide food (peanut butter and jelly), shelter, and clothing (grey sweats and a shirt).

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, I hope things work out, but after reading this thread I'm convinced the boy isn't the only one who need professional help. Not trying to pile on when you're down, or tell you how to do things, but in your first thread you mentioned and complained about people thinking you're paranoid. In this thread some of your posts have not only confused us and at some points were borderline non-sensical, but sound alot like one of my old buddies who has been diagnosed with drug induced psychosis (he did alot of acid when younger). Honestly, I'm not judging you! But some of the things you've stated and some of the strange connections you are drawing from co-workers or relatives of co-workers who are after your "liberties" and 2nd amm. rights are now involved with the "forces of evil" who called cps on you, man??? Could be that you were just worked up?? I'm not kidding or making light, your rants sounded alot like some of my buddy's. No matter how things work out I would strongly urge you to see somebody. If for no other reason for your own sanity. Best of luck to you and your son!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Man, I hope things work out, but after reading this thread I'm convinced the boy isn't the only one who need professional help. Not trying to pile on when you're down, or tell you how to do things, but in your first thread you mentioned and complained about people thinking you're paranoid. In this thread some of your posts have not only confused us and at some points were borderline non-sensical, but sound alot like one of my old buddies who has been diagnosed with drug induced psychosis (he did alot of acid when younger). Honestly, I'm not judging you! But some of the things you've stated and some of the strange connections you are drawing from co-workers or relatives of co-workers who are after your "liberties" and 2nd amm. rights are now involved with the "forces of evil" who called cps on you, man??? Could be that you were just worked up?? I'm not kidding or making light, your rants sounded alot like some of my buddy's. No matter how things work out I would strongly urge you to see somebody. If for no other reason for your own sanity. Best of luck to you and your son!
    Well, honestly hammer, people can diagnose all day long, and they do. They can believe lies all day long, and they do. They can take action on rumors all day long, and they do. They can persecute the innocent all day long, and they do.
    I'm not the only one who agrees with me. You can believe what you want but as a good friend to someone, I know myself well enough that I wouldn't cheat, intentionally harm or steal from them. I myself, don't need professional help. I bet I know some that do though.
    As I stated before, my employment, 2a (depends on the charges) and most of all, my son is right in the middle of this bs because of some non sense call. Agree with the call if you want. Twist it however you want. Defend who you want. It's your right.
    As far as comments, I'm simply responding to the posts. A lot of peoples posts aren't up to par. I may not be exactly correct in the answers or opinions, or I may be. I don't know. Do you know for certain? Nothing personal but feel free to correct my experience if you do.
    New topic:
    Sometimes, things that people say to me personally, (I think some know what I'm referring to) I find it to be an odd way to make friends. When I ignore it, here comes another with similar comments. Ignore it, then comes another with similar comments. So, why wouldn't one see the world the way he does. It doesn't make him dangerous, he can see better, the dangers and wrecklessness within them.
    So, to alienate a person from maybe having good friends, or whatever the goal is, just say some wreckless s*** to em. Taunt em, Stir em up, whatever you have to do to screw their life up. Even call CPS. See how that works.
    I like joking and kidding around with the fellas, don't get me wrong, but I won't intentionally pick a person apart at a known or suspected weakness whether it be rumor or true.
    You are right about me needing help with one thing though, coming to my senses and realize that when I need help with the boy, don't ask for much. Do I still sound insane?:rolleyes:
    Have a safe day hammer.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't think hammer is twisting anything or defending anyone. I think he was asking a legitimate question. There have been some posts that sort of drifted a bit and he wasn't judging, he was asking if maybe they were because you're stressed over the situation (which won't always make you think very clearly). When the stress piles on, you can start making connections that might not really be there...doesn't mean anyone here is judging you. About the needing help thing, I don't see that as a judgement at all either. It really wouldn't hurt to talk to someone that is qualified (alone and together with your son) that can maybe help make sense of certain things. You've obviously put in effort to try to make things work but maybe through talking to someone it can get to the point you don't just have to walk away (because that isn't going to lessen the stress).

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't think hammer is twisting anything or defending anyone. I think he was asking a legitimate question. There have been some posts that sort of drifted a bit and he wasn't judging, he was asking if maybe they were because you're stressed over the situation (which won't always make you think very clearly). When the stress piles on, you can start making connections that might not really be there...doesn't mean anyone here is judging you. About the needing help thing, I don't see that as a judgement at all either. It really wouldn't hurt to talk to someone that is qualified (alone and together with your son) that can maybe help make sense of certain things. You've obviously put in effort to try to make things work but maybe through talking to someone it can get to the point you don't just have to walk away (because that isn't going to lessen the stress).
    I understand why he may be confused. A lot of threads in all forums, not only here, drift off topic and quite often. From the way he writes though, sounds like he may have some concern about firearms in my posession.:dunno:

Top Bottom