• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Well that sucks. All my family lives in VA. I could carry in every state on the way there too. Open carry in WV and now that Ohio allows us to drive thru carry.

Ohio allows more than drive through. They began honoring everyone's licenses last March. Open carry is also legal without a license not counting being in a motor vehicle.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    All mine does too, so I'm in the same boat. Unless it's changed VA is an open carry state though.

As far as I know, Virginia is an open carry state. The same idiots cutting out a lot of concealed carry reciprocity might try going after that too, however. This is something to watch.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't know what else they might have expected in VA? They elected McAuliffe governor. He was talking gun control before the bodies were cold when that loon killed the news crew.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was surprised that states offer reciprocity to areas that have lesser training requirements than they do(put in place by Republican office holders maybe because it was easier than changing their training requirements via the legislature?)....so them cancelling their reciprocity wasn't surprising as they thought of it...unfortunately I suspect others will do the same in states controlled by Dems. Chipping away making a point to make people feel like they're fighting the good fight against the evil NRA. Bloomberg is taking note...I guarantee it...if it wasn't his groups idea.

It doesn't affect the residents of that state(those that can impart change in the office holders)...so unless other states pull reciprocity from VA residents, not sure how much 'change' will be pushed by the locals. Keep in mind, I suspect only 20% of gun owners are strong on the 2A issues that don't impact outright banning...but that's just my theory.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I won't be visiting VA any more. Sorry fam. I'm not even willing to fill my tank in your state if I can't carry there. Just ask WV & OH, whom I've given $0 to on my travels east.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A more productive solution might be to contact their tourism bureau and let them know that their AG has just made visiting VA impossible for you.

Those of you who disagree with this, please consider telling Virginia's governor you will not visit or spend your money here. It probably won't mean much, but it's something.

Here's the link:​

Please contact both offices. McAuliffe is likely wasted breath given his history, but it is easy. The Tourist bureau is more likely to react to the impact.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Those of you who disagree with this, please consider telling Virginia's governor you will not visit or spend your money here. It probably won't mean much, but it's something.

Here's the link:​

I feel terrible for you sir, but talking to McAuliffe on this is useless. Hell he ran on blatant anti-gun policies and won :dunno::

[video=youtube;s_Gqtbvms2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Gqtbvms2c[/video]

McAuliffe is the freeking devil when it comes to gun control, spouting that "85% of gun owner want background checks," and "I own guns and hunt with my boys," BS. Yet still he got elected. Best thing you good folks could do is find a dead hooker to associate him with.

Don't think for a minute Obama won't follow McAuliff's lead next year, if ya'll don't find a way to upheave him...

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel terrible for you sir, but talking to McAuliffe on this is useless. Hell he ran on blatant anti-gun policies and won :dunno::

McAuliffe is the freeking devil when it comes to gun control, spouting that "85% of gun owner want background checks," and "I own guns and hunt with my boys," BS. Yet still he got elected. Best thing you good folks could do is find a dead hooker to associate him with.

Don't think for a minute Obama won't follow McAuliff's lead next year, if ya'll don't find a way to upheave him...

Why do you feel sorry for me? I feel bad for every citizen who enters this state and is looked upon by our 'leaders' as being less that those who live here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why do you feel sorry for me? I feel bad for every citizen who enters this state and is looked upon by our 'leaders' as being less that those who live here.

Exactly, because we won't be coming. You'll only have liberal anti's there, the ones who would elect this fine fellow.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Exactly, because we won't be coming.

Right! That is exactly what they need to hear. They will argue that no harm has been done to the citizens, but they need to hear the voice of non-residents who will not bring their conventions here; send their children to VA colleges or visit historical sites in the state. Nothing moves people more than a loss in revenue. The good thing is, we have a one-term limit, so he will not be able to remain in office past 2018.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

[video=youtube;vo76Y6OcM60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo76Y6OcM60[/video]

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Right! That is exactly what they need to hear. They will argue that no harm has been done to the citizens, but they need to hear the voice of non-residents who will not bring their conventions here; send their children to VA colleges or visit historical sites in the state. Nothing moves people more than a loss in revenue. The good thing is, we have a one-term limit, so he will not be able to remain in office past 2018.

But the politicians don't care about the lost revenue, they just double or triple taxes where they can, things like tolls, entrance fees, license fees and so on, property taxes through the roof and so on.
    Just look across the river and see what O'Mally did in two terms to the big business in Maryland along with the tax structures.
    Maryland has one of the worst business tax climates in the country (42nd out of the 50 states). That explains why nearly 3,500 businesses have either left Maryland or closed up shop since 2006. Only one Fortune 100 company is headquartered in the state.

I hate to say it, but get used to it Virginia.. Elections have consequences...

Is Maryland the next California? | The Daily Caller

Top Bottom