• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Honestly, CBF sounds boring to me. I suppose if my significant other absolutely had t go, I would but I would still be bored. :)

Even though it looks like we are going to have a pretty good turn out this year. At least enough to make it an annual thing so that much is good. I have learned to avoid the CBF and what ever else may go on in the area so that is good too. Now I am excited to go shooting with my fellow INGO member and their friends and wives etc and whomever else feels the need to show. We're gonna have us a good time. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, CBF sounds boring to me. I suppose if my significant other absolutely had t go, I would but I would still be bored. :)

Even though it looks like we are going to have a pretty good turn out this year. At least enough to make it an annual thing so that much is good. I have learned to avoid the CBF and what ever else may go on in the area so that is good too. Now I am excited to go shooting with my fellow INGO member and their friends and wives etc and whomever else feels the need to show. We're gonna have us a good time. :rockwoot:

Yes we are.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hmmmmm... tbhausen and I might show up for this one. I would bring my Tavor 18" with RDS if it's back from conversion to southpaw by IWI. I'd also be bringing my Sig P320 full-size too because, well... I take it everywhere. :)

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Hmm....I have classes to teach in the afternoon, but a few hours of shooting is a far cry better than none. I'm in.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, we are a week plus a day away and I wanted to say a few things and show the range to you. Here is the what we are dong again for this page...

WHEN: Sunday October 12, 2014. Starting at 11AM. Ends at 6pm followed by clean up if you want to help.
    WHERE: Proteq Shooting Academy in Brazil, IN WEBSITE
    WHAT: INGO Open Shoot

This is a Rain or Shine event. I will be there either way but if it looks to pour all day then I will likely leave and we will just have to wait for next year so pray for a nice day. At least pray for passing rain and light stuff like a mist. ;)

OK I also took some pix of the rage area we will be in so you can get an idea of the place. I forgot to take a sot of the Rimfire Range sadly so I will desribe it for you. It is full of all kinds of steel targets, some move when you hit them and some just ring and a few fall down to be reset when they are to be shot at again. There is also a couple of places to put up a paer target to do sighting in and just to shoot a paper target. :)

main.php

This is the handgun area. I will have new backing up for us so we can staple our targets up without trouble. There are staplers at the range but feel free to bring your own. There is paper to make your own targets as well. Feel free to bring them though unless you like to draw them with a marker which is also provided.

main.php

I am pretty sure this is a 150 or maybe a 200 yd rifle range. There is a steel target at the end as well as a place to staple up paper targets. Not sure if there will be sand bags or anything like this for a rest so bring yours to be sure.

main.php

Finally here is a row of Cowbot Action stages. There are steel targets set up in each one. NO JACKETED BULLETS ARE TO BE USED ON THESE STAGES PERIOD. Pistol Caliber rifles are allowed though you must use lead only bullets in them here as well. ANYONE caught ising a jacketed bullet here, even semi-jacketed ammo, wili be prosecuted for criminal damage to property. He is strick on this because last tear someone decided to shoot his AR15 with penetrator military ammo and ruined many steel targets which then had to be replaced. Please just follow the one rule of lead only/no jackets on this range and enjoy them. I will have the right kind of ammo for my Ruger Redhawk in 45 Colt un case someone wants to try this with a double action revolver.

That's all. Hope we gt a good day and the traffic is light for getting in. I am told we will be starting right when the traffic usually drops off in Brazil so that is good. It wil also start to lighten up as we leave too. SO stay and help clean up and avoid the traffic with me. :) I am psyched and ready for a great day of meeting my fellow INGOers and shooting with them. I promise to do this at least a month or so earlier next year as well as not when something is big, like the CBF, is going on.

Let's have a big turn out and I will see you all there! :ingo:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty sure that Don will have the shelters back up for us too. That will be great Tim. Thanks!

No worries. I have a few long guns that need to be shot in/sighted. New optics. I plan to use that day to the fullest. There will be a few of us coming down. 4 to six if plans come together. They are all good cats. I have spent range time with them all. Plus my crew. Should be a great day.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Cool, I need help sighting in a red dot or two myself. Haven't had one on a rifle before (red dot only) believe it or not so I appreciate any help I can get that day.

Sad news is the extended 10 day forecast calls for a cold day and a 60% chance of rain. Hopefully that will change as we draw nearer. :)

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I won't be able to make it. Too much going on at church that day. Everyone have fun and make sure to get a picture if/when cm shoots a Glock!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well. the rain seems to be declining as I just checked and it says early rain to end by 11-12 noon so this may work out wlll. In any case do bring rain gear, I will. I am going to be there no matter what and so if you come, it will be a day of it for us. :) Maybe we will be lucky and the weather people have it wrong.

I will get an earlier day for next year, sometime in Sept like last year, It was all taken but I will try earlier. I tried way early this year but I was bumped by a clas, they bring in revenue so our get together had to give up the day. That is why this time was so spu of the monent as I wasn't sure there would even be a day to do this for the year. :(

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello All, Don B here from ProTEQ.

Lemon Valley will be useable for INGO Day rain or shine. The gravel parking lot is solid, the valley has good drainage, the soil is sandy, and I'll have some rain covers available. You may have to help stand them up when you arrive and possibly lay them down at the end. Additional steel targets will be in place at the 150 yard rifle berm. I may get time to add some shorter distance paper target hangers on that same shooting plain. That hand gun target backers will be replaced by the weekend. I don't replace them until they are well used because of time and money. If you want to bring your golf cart or 4-wheeler to assist in putting up your targets, that will be fine. NO street vehicles will be allowed off the gravel because of the wet conditions.

At the range you are 4 miles from the edge of Brazil (average 6 miles to the food sources). The town contains the normal array of fast food, a few restaurants, and three grocery stores. Traffic is BAD on State Road 59 going in and out of town (north and south) if you can avoid SR-59 especially before 10:00 AM and after 5:00 PM, you will survive fairly well. Early morning going NORTH and late afternoon going SOUTH are VERY BAD on SR 59. There are GOOD Country roads around Brazil - GPS them.

The 300 yard range will be open that day. It is in another valley. You'll have to register with Warthog before you can move to that other valley. It may be very busy in that other valley since it contains the Main Range open to ALL ProTEQ Patrons. If you want to shoot on the 300 yard lane you need to get advance permission. Check the website for "How to do That". Email me. It is an easy test, but I need it in writing. I need it because there are MANY people who believe they can shoot, think they KNOW about guns, and claim they are experts, but in fact they are NOT, CAN'T, & DON'T.

This a great opportunity to shoot at a fine facility for minimal cost.
    If you've never been here you need to experience ProTEQ. If you are already a ProTEQ Patron - you KNOW the Value.

Be SAFE, Clean Up, and Leave with the same numbers of holes as you brought. OMAR (Old Man At'da Range)

Top Bottom