• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Looking forward to this. Thanks for the pics of the range Warthog.
    No worries, there are more pix on the website as well.

WHEN: Sunday October 12, 2014. Starting at 11AM. Ends at 6pm followed by clean up if you want to help.
    WHERE: Proteq Shooting Academy in Brazil, IN WEBSITE
    WHAT: INGO Open Shoot

This is a Rain or Shine event. I will be there either way but if it looks to pour all day then I will likely leave and we will just have to wait for next year so pray for a nice day. At least pray for passing rain and light stuff like a mist. ;)

The closer we get to Sunday the clearer the weather situation is becoming. Should be a decent day with a few storms that are easy to wait out. I hope it will be a good enough day to have some fun and so I will just keep hoping and praying that is what happens. :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    According to Accuweather and Intellicast thw rain should be extremely light. Forecast for less than an inch though 66% chance of happening. It will be cloudy and cool out though so dress appropriately for cooler weather, Personally, I don't see the rain as an issue so I hope the rest of ou come on out and have fun. Other than a cell phone, I hope at least one camera makes the trip too so we can get a group shot and some other stuff for the AAR.

I sure am looking forward to this one and hope to see a decent turn out despite the weather. :ingo:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm in rain or shine! :ar15:

If it rains, the suppressor doesn't get so hot.:laugh:

Excellent point!

I'll bring the following:
    7.5" AR pistol (5.56)
    12.5" SBR (5.56)
    14.5" AR with "freekin lazers" (5.56)
    18" MaTen w/SWFA 5-20x FFP (.308)
    AAC SDN-6 (fits all of the above except the pistol)

I can bring a table if needed, but I may have to leave before 1800... it's a long drive back to New Albany!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Excellent point!

I'll bring the following:
    7.5" AR pistol (5.56)
    12.5" SBR (5.56)
    14.5" AR with "freekin lazers" (5.56)
    18" MaTen w/SWFA 5-20x FFP (.308)
    AAC SDN-6 (fits all of the above except the pistol)

I can bring a table if needed, but I may have to leave before 1800... it's a long drive back to New Albany!
    Freakin lazers! Hell yeah!

I'll be bringing a few AR's (suppressed)
    a couple of 45 SBR's
    no freakin lazers though. :laugh:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Chance of rain has lessened a bit. :rockwoot: HIs is 64 degrees F so it should be cool but nice. Cloudy? Well it is supposed to be cloud all day but not as rainy as first thought. Sunrise, 7:56AM/Sunset 7:15PM so we will be during the daylight at least with an hour or so to clean up afterwards. :)

In short, things are lining up to be a great day of shooting fun. Life is good and we are going to have a greay yime this year!

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go, I'm standing here right by the door... Already I'm so stoked up I wanna clow something up.... :)
    or so the sang kinda goes...

I have a case of AK and a case or AR ammo all loaded up in magazines and ready to go. It is steel thoough, I have to get rid of it somehow. :dunno: If you don't want it shot through your firearm, I understand but if you are OK with it, there is plenty to go around. I am bringing a PLR-16 and SU16c that can take some of the 223 and an AK of some kind to use some of that stuff. I will have ,u 45 Colt Redhawk with lead bulleted ammo f someone wants to shoot it on the Cowboy range. I have a camera sort of plus my cell phone so I will try a least to remember to take pix. I encourage others to do so as well. There is no nearby food unless you want to brave the covered bridge festical traffic in Brazil. I am bringing a sandwich and some water to drink.

Let's see you all then tomorrow. I will be there early so if you want to show up a bit early that should be OK too. I am really happy that so many are coming from a ways away that this is sure to become an annual event and I will get a date for next year earlier than I did this year, likely in September like last year. So let's all have a happy, safe time shooting and exercising our Second Amendment Right and **** some Democrats dong it. :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.......I have been allowed to share the stomach flu with my 3 Grand daughters. We have passed this around till my turn in the rotation. Unless something drastically improves today I will not be with you good folks tomorrow. I have to stay within a quick sprint of the porcelain.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just cleaned the guns from Friday Night Steel, and packing cases. Weather is definitely looking better.

Churchmouse, I've got my fingers crossed for you......

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well.......I have been allowed to share the stomach flu with my 3 Grand daughters. We have passed this around till my turn in the rotation. Unless something drastically improves today I will not be with you good folks tomorrow. I have to stay within a quick sprint of the porcelain.
    :( :crying:

I was looking forward to seeing you too... I will say a few prayers for you in the hopes you get better.
    I got better quick with mine by taking probiotic gummie bears but any probiotic supplement will likely work...

That looks like fun KJQ6945, I hope you will let me shot it. :cool:

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Weird as all get out but they are on same time as you , 100 miles west / about 70 miles north of you but here I am straight south of them & west of you ... And I'm an hr behind both of you! Go figure! Oh, warthog .. I'm still planning to grace you with my presence!! LOL . Churchmouse , was looking forward to meeting you & all the other INGO ' ers... Hope you feel better.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Anybody bringing a Remington 597 22lr? I've misplaced my mag, and tried to buy one today, unsuccessfully.

I will be bringing an extra QD muzzle brake, if anyone wants to suppress their 5.56 or smaller.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Sorry, my 597 is a 22 mag or I would bring a magazine for you to use.

I am getting ready, the weather sats "Little Rain" but it will be cloudy so come one out!

Top Bottom