• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Presuming he were to live, would a lawyers most likely best defense be "temporary insanity" or "diminished capacity" due to extreme emotional distress.

My friends and I watched this and I believe temporary insanity - he'd had enough and finally broke.

They argue - extreme rage contributed to diminished capacity.

What say you?

Regards,

Doug
    Jedi would buy the temp insanity when the guy used just his sidearm.

Jedi has a HARDER time thinking it was temp insanity when he walked away from it, hand time to grab his long gun, come back to where there we still laided out on the ground and shoot them again. During this time frame it was not temp insanity. He knew full well what he was doing now. He was ensuring they would never come back again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    people think they can push and push with no repercussions you never can tell what’s going on in someone else’s head . I have seen it in road rage while I was driving people get on a roll and don’t know when to let it go and they both ended up with smashed cars. a lot of times it all starts over something stupid !
    The “no consequences” attitude is the game changer for me. I’ve watched the video numerous times, read everything I can find about the incident, and the conclusion I’ve come to is, while tragic and senseless, the bottom line is there’s a few less A holes in the world now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Our culture believes the cell phone camera gives them power over other people as well as guarantees their own safety.

Only works when the other person is playing by the same rules. When you're waving a phone at somebody who is about to splatter your brains on the street and then kill themselves, it might as well be a block of wood. The video doesn't matter when you're dead.

There's another discussion on the forum that dodges around this very issue. I've seen many road rage incidents, drunks in bars, concerts, etc. and other situations where a bully is emboldened by a weak response or no response. These people thrive because they assume that their victim is not playing with the same disregard for the rules as the bully.

This is the outcome when the victim has had enough. I'm guessing there's a history and it probably involves a homeowner (shooter) and tenant (victim and wife) but that's just an assumption from the layout of parking on the camera side of the street.

Good people can and will snap if pushed far enough.

I believe we're going to see this on a much larger scale if we continue down this path.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Jedi has a HARDER time thinking it was temp insanity when he walked away from it, hand time to grab his long gun, come back to where there we still laided out on the ground and shoot them again. During this time frame it was not temp insanity. He knew full well what he was doing now. He was ensuring they would never come back again.
    That in fact could be seen as he had had enough. The insanity actually ended when he took his own life.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Good people can and will snap if pushed far enough.
    I don't think this person can be described as "good people" by any stretch of the imagination. Good people don't execute others while they lay bleeding on the ground because they don't like the way their words made them feel.

I'm not on board with "temporary insanity" or any leniency defense for the shooter at all. Part of being a man is growing thick skin and regulating your own emotions. You don't murder people because their words hurt your fragile feelings. Words aren't violence and don't justify violence.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon agrees with Jedi's assessment of what happened.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What the video doesn't show is what happened in the minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and even years prior. This was not starting at zero, that much is certain.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't think this person can be described as "good people" by any stretch of the imagination. Good people don't execute others while they lay bleeding on the ground because they don't like the way their words made them feel.

I'm not on board with "temporary insanity" or any leniency defense for the shooter at all. Part of being a man is growing thick skin and regulating your own emotions. You don't murder people because their words hurt your fragile feelings. Words aren't violence and don't justify violence.
    If you read further into the incident the male who was shoot had punched the shooter. Unsure if it was in the longer video or off camera. That punch then started the verbal assault which escalated.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

TJBB might buy it if the guy had his sidearm on him, drew and then fired. When he went into his house to retrieve said handgun...

If you read further into the incident the male who was shoot had punched the shooter. Unsure if it was in the longer video or off camera. That punch then started the verbal assault which escalated.

Best I can find is there was an argument and shootee threw a "tool he was using to clean off his car" at shooter. After that is when he went into his house got his handgun and returned.

I haven't seen a shooting over snow, but I did see a guy get his *** beat over it. He deserved it, a guy had shoveled his driveway, neighbor came out and started snowblowing his, throwing some on the other guys freshly shoveled drive. Guy A asked him nicely to stop, guy B told him FU and purposely kept throwing it on the guys drive. Beat down ensued.

I have shoveled/snowblowed snow onto my neighbors property before, but never where it was or would be shoveled (sidewalks/driveway/etc).

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    ...Part of being a man is growing thick skin and regulating your own emotions. You don't murder people because their words hurt your fragile feelings. Words aren't violence and don't justify violence.
    I just want to point out the irony of your statement when you have the kill-dozer as your avatar.

Even though his life was the only one lost, Marvin Heemeyer didn't regulate his emotions very well and could've easily caused more casualties.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just want to point out the irony of your statement when you have the kill-dozer as your avatar.

Even though his life was the only one lost, Marvin Heemeyer didn't regulate his emotions very well and could've easily caused more casualties.
    But as I recall, Marvin's slights were a bit more than somebody throwing snow and screaming "F you, ya *****y!"

Not justifying it, just saying that we arent talking apples to apples.

Gd999

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis

Don’t bring killdozer into this

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don’t bring killdozer into this
    Yeah, the killdozer incident is far from the worst out there. Had they extracted him alive and I was on the jury, I'd have a hard time ruling for much more than a year of community service and a fine.

Most crazy folks treated that way would have just walked into the next town council meeting and shot them all in the face over it instead of taking it out on property.

EDIT: And before some idiot thinks I condoned that action, I dont. But I do empathize with him. Much like I understand the dad that punches out the smirking convict that killed his kid as he leaves the courtroom.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom