• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On a more informative note here are a couple of articles that reference the "history" with these people. Not much to go on but this wasn't the first argument, it was the last.

While throwing snow onto the shooters property might seem trivial, it was the straw that broke the camels back. It also goes to the character of the "victims" who seemed to have no problem with the concept of throwing snow onto their neighbors yard.

The tragedy of this story is the teenage autistic son left behind by the couple. Or is it...?

Regards,

Doug

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. Lots of shots fired few hits on first go around with what seems like a small caliber weapon.

It's a handgun. That is how handguns work: they are hard to use and ineffective. Long guns, another matter.

Looks like lots of other gunfights that I have had. Yelling, dancing around, lack of ammo, bad shooting, inter alia. This one was a double murder.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    "Go ahead," "What are you going to do now, shoot us," "Make my day," "You don't have the guts" and other similar remarks - all things that should not be said to anyone waiving a gun around/pointing one at you.

Sadly, Nicole duFresne also found this out the hard way, [1] as have many others.

Reality isn't the movies people.

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nicole_duFresne

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Go ahead," "What are you going to do now, shoot us," "Make my day," "You don't have the guts" and other similar remarks - all things that should not be said to anyone waiving a gun around/pointing one at you.

Sadly, Nicole duFresne also found this out the hard way, [1] as have many others.

Reality isn't the movies people.

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nicole_duFresne
    "What are you gonna do, shoot me?"

-man who was shot

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's a handgun. That is how handguns work: they are hard to use and ineffective. Long guns, another matter.

Looks like lots of other gunfights that I have had. Yelling, dancing around, lack of ammo, bad shooting, inter alia. This one was a double murder.
    Apparently he "needed" the long gun to finish the job.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Apparently he "needed" the long gun to finish the job.
    Yes. Most people get their wound ballistics training from movies, so Bruce Willis or Demi Moore shoots someone and that person flies through a window rather than just flinching and running away.

5.56MM at execution range is very different. Have watched a lot of video, have seen a bunch of photos over the years.

All my firearm murders, but one (the famous one [that was a Smith M640 and Buck 110]), have been long guns here. Even a .410 deer slug is decisive.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Note he shot the pistol to slide lock. Many in the gun culture believe that they only need one magazine because it is a Glock or whatever.

You will shoot the pistol dry because of panic and because your target will NOT behave like it is in a movie.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since the leftists have convinced us that offensive speech is violence, surely we can all agree that the homosexual slur was a violent attack on the shooter.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Note he shot the pistol to slide lock. Many in the gun culture believe that they only need one magazine because it is a Glock or whatever.

You will shoot the pistol dry because of panic and because your target will NOT behave like it is in a movie.
    True about shooting the gun dry, but most targets tend to de-ass the area rather than standing still and playing the part of a bullet sponge.

Having a spare mag is never a bad idea, but in the realm of civilian self-defense shootings, reloads almost never come into play. Sometimes they happen administratively after the bad guy has left the scene, but the cases of a self-defender needing to reload to get back into an active gun fight happens so rarely it's almost a non issue.

IMHO, It's better to have 17+1 in the gun, rather than say 9-10 in the gun with a spare mag of 9 on the belt.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yes. Most people get their wound ballistics training from movies, so Bruce Willis or Demi Moore shoots someone and that person flies through a window rather than just flinching and running away.

5.56MM at execution range is very different. Have watched a lot of video, have seen a bunch of photos over the years.

All my firearm murders, but one (the famous one [that was a Smith M640 and Buck 110]), have been long guns here. Even a .410 deer slug is decisive.
    In that regard the anti-gun side is correct, rifles are better at killing people in all respects and that's why they exist.

I wonder if that last pistol shot on the woman glanced off her skull without penetrating. You clearly see hair twitch and indicate some kind of impact. She goes down but sits back up a few seconds later.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In that regard the anti-gun side is correct, rifles are better at killing people in all respects and that's why they exist.

I wonder if that last pistol shot on the woman glanced off her skull without penetrating. You clearly see hair twitch and indicate some kind of impact. She goes down but sits back up a few seconds later.
    IME, many pistol bullets glance off the skull. Had an alleged drug dealer shoot another drug dealer in the head with his grandmother's .32 I frame. Forehead, around the skull, exited out the scalp.

Famously Mattix in the Miami Shootout of 1986 took a .38 to the head and then woke back up.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    The comments were more disturbing than the vid if that's possible. It's like they were reviewing a movie. What a bunch of idiots.

It was SNOW, snow transforms into water when it melts! Graphic example of how unhinged people are and I wonder if being sequestered for the last year had something to do with escalating what was already a tense situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some folks just have no clue when to STFU.
    Exactly. The man just kept running his pie hole and she was right back in it when the guy came back down the driveway shooting. The kids had more sense than both of them. They ran when they saw him. Those 2 morons stood there jaw jacking after a few shots. Both hit and the man ran like a little bitch leaving her to die in the street. What a coward.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I couldn't believe that the couple stood there for the first 6 shots... then I looked closer and it appears to me that the woman pulled a gun out of her coat pocket, shot 3 into the ground then 3 into the air... shot 7 was from the neighbor and hit the husband.

At least that's what I'm seeing...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I couldn't believe that the couple stood there for the first 6 shots... then I looked closer and it appears to me that the woman pulled a gun out of her coat pocket, shot 3 into the ground then 3 into the air... shot 7 was from the neighbor and hit the husband.

At least that's what I'm seeing...
    You might be right... also sounds like a gunshot at 18 seconds, but hard to tell from who.

Top Bottom