• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm sure we'll now hear how he was just turning his life around.

DITTO! We will hear about him working on his GED blah, blah, blah. I wonder if the media, whether print or TV, will commend the police in this instance?

Any guesses that the the family of the hostage taker will sue the police for "unjust use of force"?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    We train for that regularly. It's really not a difficult issue to overcome.

IME, the holdover is easy, it is the objects in the bullets path but not in the sight line that really can hem up a tight shot. Not an issue in this case but a few rabbits have lived and my porch rail has a few chips out of it from where I failed to account for it. (Pellet gun, not AR )

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The consequences of bad decisions can be harsh. I've never been in that position and hope I never am. The officer had time to collect himself and the suspect was gracious enough to stand still. Difficult to have a problem with this one.

If you have to have a hostage situation, the scenario on the video is about as good as it gets. Hostage taker is standing almost completely still, good guy with a rifle to the side with a good angle for a shot, etc. It looks a lot like a training scenario, in fact, especially the standing still to allow a good shot part. Too bad they all won't stand still!

I'm sure we'll now hear how he was just turning his life around.

At this point, his life is as turned around as it's going to get.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IME, the holdover is easy, it is the objects in the bullets path but not in the sight line that really can hem up a tight shot. Not an issue in this case but a few rabbits have lived and my porch rail has a few chips out of it from where I failed to account for it. (Pellet gun, not AR )

Agreed. We have plenty of bullet holes in our barricades to confirm it, lol. The sad thing is how many of them were made by handguns.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Just think about the expense and hassle of bringing out negotiators, news crews, SWAT, etc. That cop saved the city a ton of money. See, government efficiency is possible. These situations should always turn out like this, until we don't need to worry about these situations anymore.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I've been wondering...what's up with the guy leaning up against the white car? He's yelling and slamming his fist down on the car. Related to the hostage or the hostage taker? I can't tell, because of all the moving around in the background, if after 0:50 the people coming towards the camera crying and all are the hostage and someone else or possibly the dead man's parents.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I've been wondering...what's up with the guy leaning up against the white car? He's yelling and slamming his fist down on the car. Related to the hostage or the hostage taker? I can't tell, because of all the moving around in the background, if after 0:50 the people coming towards the camera crying and all are the hostage and someone else or possibly the dead man's parents.

That was the hostage, that person just had a head explode 1ft from theirs, I am guessing the blood and brain splatter along with the stress of the situation is why they punch the trunk a few times and act a little crazy...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If you have to have a hostage situation, the scenario on the video is about as good as it gets. Hostage taker is standing almost completely still, good guy with a rifle to the side with a good angle for a shot, etc. It looks a lot like a training scenario, in fact, especially the standing still to allow a good shot part. Too bad they all won't stand still!

At this point, his life is as turned around as it's going to get.

Can't even begin to imagine what it is like to be that Officer. The backdrop was a very busy Highway, wow, just wow. Even with it ending as it did, prayers for the officer and the hostage, well all involved.

Top Bottom