• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The consequences of bad decisions can be harsh. I've never been in that position and hope I never am. The officer had time to collect himself and the suspect was gracious enough to stand still. Difficult to have a problem with this one.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My interest in posting this was in hearing what resident INGO LEO could share about what their training might be in these kinds of situations. Of course it all depends on the circumstances, but in a situation like this where the perp is holding the hostage close, is there a green light to take the shot? Especially in what appeared to be somewhat of an open area with people around. I can't tell which direction the shot came from.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    No wasted money on litigation and bad guy off the streets permenently. Looks like a win/win to me. Thanks to the boys in blue for doing what seems to be an ever increasingly thankless job, sadly to their own demise at times.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    POP!!! goes the weasel. LEO saved the taxpayers some money....Now wonder if Obama will claim the kidnapper as his own son.....hurry January 17, 2017.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My interest in posting this was in hearing what resident INGO LEO could share about what their training might be in these kinds of situations. Of course it all depends on the circumstances, but in a situation like this where the perp is holding the hostage close, is there a green light to take the shot? Especially in what appeared to be somewhat of an open area with people around. I can't tell which direction the shot came from.

No specific training, there are too many variables involved to try to cover them all. LE must always consider every situation as it unfolds and determine if the use of deadly force is reasonable, necessary and safe to use.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The officer did a fine job of pouring some bleach in the shallow end of the gene pool. At least we know this one won't recidivate!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Far from certain, but it looked to me like the closest cop right on the other side of the car waited until the hostages head went below the roof line from his POV and then squeezed one off. At that point, firing parallel to the roof, there is almost no way she gets hit. Very nicely done.

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    The consequences of bad decisions can be harsh. I've never been in that position and hope I never am. The officer had time to collect himself and the suspect was gracious enough to stand still. Difficult to have a problem with this one.

Exactly. And with a busy highway directly behind. Nice shootin' Tex.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Except you can still see her head above the roof of the car after the robber drops. I put my money on the cop with the rifle having a better angle taking the shot.

[video=youtube;sWmnmmzhdWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmnmmzhdWw[/video]

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Except you can still see her head above the roof of the car after the robber drops. I put my money on the cop with the rifle having a better angle taking the shot.

[video=youtube;sWmnmmzhdWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmnmmzhdWw[/video]
    From the camera lens angle yes. From the angle of the cop crouched below the roofline of the car I don't think so. You certainly could be correct that the rifle takes a shot, but it really looks to me like it is the cop up on the car.

Top Bottom