• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'd like to know if Sarah is hot. She seems nice so that's on thing going for her :)

Sadly, we shall likely never know. While I decided that there was nothing bad going on and circumstances just struck me weird, I have not yet heard back from her concerning at which FFL dealer in KY she would like to meet.

End of story as far as I am concerned. As the seller, I decided it was too much of a hastle. Just as soon wait and sell here.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where does a seller's liability end in a straw purchase situation?
    With the actual buyer. I'll explain - there's big time penalties for straw purchasing, I don't know about punishment inflicted on the seller. The BATFE wants dealers to be on the lookout for straw buyers.
    Are there differences between LGS seller and FTF private seller with this?
    The LGS will make you sign a form stating your are the purchaser.
    What if Sarah's man is a felon and can't legally own a weapon?
    So long as you don't have any reason to believe Sarah is not a legal purchaser then the sale is legal. Should you have any reasonable doubts about Sarah's man, then call off the deal.
    I've bought/sold with friends and traded with dealers but not internet buyers. This thread makes me wonder the legalities.
    Internet buyers are just friends you haven't met yet. :):

Issues I have with "Sarah":
    1. Wants to meet ASAP.
    2. Openly admits she's a KY resident. That's courtroom evidence stuff right there.
    3. Hides at the mention of meeting with a dealer.

Although,
    1. But then I've had sellers that wanted to meet "tonight!", too.
    2. A lot of people are ignorant of the law.
    3. Maybe she thinks a dealer will not run the transfer and accuse her of being a straw buyer. (like several here on INGO) Or, maybe she's paranoid about the gubermint and doesn't want a paper trail (like several here on INGO)

We'll never know...

Sarah, if you're reading this join INGO and tell your side of the story!

fire81807

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    If i dont feel comfortable i will ask them to meet me at a local police station or a state police post to complete the transaction. I had one transaction that did not feel right at first to me. I did a google search of the guy and was able to verify everything that he was telling me by reliable state web sites. reasearch the person. Good Luck

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I made a purchase off armslist not to long ago and I guess I didnt pay attention to much at the time, but I was sending emails back and forth with the person, not through the service.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    WARNING!

"Hi,

I saw the gun you have listed, and I am interested in buying it for my husband for his birthday. I have cash, could we meet tonight?

Thanks
    Sarah"

LOOKOUT Snorko!

I believe this person explained CLEARLY that theire intent was to make a straw purchase. I don't think this would be worth it for a Federal agent to try and entrap you somehow, but I could sure see a Bloomberg funded attempt to document how "Easy" it is to buy firearms from individuals without a background check on the internet. This is why I prefer to do business with folks on INGO. We have a reputation and, while it would not be impossible to build a Rep in order to hook someone, it would be a lot more work.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    LOOKOUT Snorko!

I believe this person explained CLEARLY that their intent was to make a straw purchase. I don't think this would be worth it for a Federal agent to try and entrap you somehow, but I could sure see a Bloomberg funded attempt to document how "Easy" it is to buy firearms from individuals without a background check on the internet. This is why I prefer to do business with folks on INGO. We have a reputation and, while it would not be impossible to build a Rep in order to hook someone, it would be a lot more work.

How you figure? Like everyone has said (including the BATFE!) that buying a firearm as a gift for someone else is not a straw purchase.

If a report is trying to prove how easy it is, then why mention a boyfriend? Wouldn't it be easier to say, "My boyfriend has threatened to kill me - sell me a gun fast so I can defend myself!"

:dunno:

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    How you figure? Like everyone has said (including the BATFE!) that buying a firearm as a gift for someone else is not a straw purchase.

If a report is trying to prove how easy it is, then why mention a boyfriend? Wouldn't it be easier to say, "My boyfriend has threatened to kill me - sell me a gun fast so I can defend myself!"

:dunno:

Guess I thought that an E-mail showing you informed a seller you were buying the Gun with the intent to give it to someone else would make it seem even more nefarious. I was unaware of the exemption surrounding gifts. I guess I learned something today. Kinda makes sense, if you don't think about it ;)

Top Bottom