• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    They just came out with mags for the 030s that didn't actuate the LRBHO and folks were asking "what gives?". They explained that they are trying to come up with a way to actuate the LRBHO for the Veprs without metal inserts or without changing their molding. I'll try to post a link from where someone modified a standard saiga 12 mag to work in the magwell and actuate the LRBHO

FROM SGM:

We are trying our best to get our mags to work with minimal mold change so we don't have to increase our prices on those specific lrbho models. I don't think most people understand how much money is involved in the R&D, designing and fabricating a mold for magazines. One example of our cost saving (which others have used since we introduced it) is the ribs on our mags, those are there so the mold can be closed off to allow a smaller quantity magazine to be produced and that rib turns into where the floor plate slides on. If we didn't do that then we would have had to create a new mold for every quantity of magazine and at tens of thousands of dollars in mold costs our magazines would be much higher in price. Hell a crappy mold designed and made in China for something like we make is $30k and that is 1/4 of the price and quality.

The reason I questioned if it was new information, was because on the facebook vepr 12 club page, the director of sales for SGM tactical just recently commented:

well well well, may have some breaking news today. and it will be epic!!!
    gonna test a new design on the magazines for the Veprs. maybe just maybe they will work on the lrbho. we hope anyway. will keep everyone posted!!!
    So far not so good. First prototype isn't holding the bolt back, it tries but just doesn't. We will keep trying and I will post more updates.
    not yet. we are trying very hard to get our legion and vepr mags to do work with the lrbho

So, it looks like they may still be in the works :)

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Well Kids it's already started and exactly like I said it would...the prices have jumped up dramatically. Atlantic and Mississippi Auto Arms still have them for 999. Tac47 however just jumped their price from $999 to $1,500. Good news for those of us that already ordered...your gun is now worth 50% more.

VEPR SHOTGUN

If you are on the fence, buy from Atlantic or MAA now before they do the same.

Tac47 has them at $1399 now. Atlantic is sold out!

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm in bro's.. MAA still has a few left. And they aren't charging until they come in, so that buys me some time before the wife finds out :shady:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You can still get them at 999 at mississippi auto arms. You may be able to still get one from mach 1 arsenal but you have to email a guy.

Atlantic is sold out as MM said.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm not sure i understand the question.

Are you referring to a saiga conversion? A saiga conversion restores the rifle to they way it was intended to be from the factory.
    this
    saiga-12-shotgun1.jpg

to this
    2_shotguns_saiga_12_conversion_12gauge_102399.jpg

A Vepr 12 isn't neutered to begin with so it's ready to go when it gets here.
    vepr12.jpg

Did you mean modding the magazine?

IF so what i was referring to, is american manufacturers of saiga magazines (agp, surefire, promag) all have magazines designed to work with the saiga 12. The vepr 12 has few extra features such as a last round bolt hold open, and a magwell. Obviously mag diameter will be the same, you just have to change how it locks up and make it actuate the LRBHO. Surefire has already made a mag that works it just doesn't operate the LRBHO. According to some they are designing a new follower to make it work. Earlier in the thread i posted a link on modifying current magazines to fit and actuate the LRBHO so if u have some s12 mags lying around that might help.

If i didn't answer what you were getting at please let me know.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Went to Cabela's today to browse optics for the VEPR. I think I convinced the employee to get one. He was already trying to figure out how to get $1k without his wife finding out.:):

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I've got a c-more that i think'll look good on it. I hope your pal at cabellas jumps quick. There can't be many left.

Top Bottom