• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I gave in to the impulse to buy and all the peer pressure and ordered one. :dunno: Guess my family is getting smaller Christmas gifts this year as for me :rockwoot::smileak:

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    wont let me order from atlantic firearms site just says its for notice when they are in stock. Mississippi auto arms has them in stock is that where everyone is ordering from? Im in for 2

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I placed an order with MAA but it would not let me change the shipping address. It needs to ship to an ffl correct? I have never done this before. I placed the order so I make sure I have one but figured I would just call them and change the shipping info. It kept putting my billing info in by default..

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I placed an order with MAA but it would not let me change the shipping address. It needs to ship to an ffl correct? I have never done this before. I placed the order so I make sure I have one but figured I would just call them and change the shipping info. It kept putting my billing info in by default..

It doesn't really matter what you put in for your shipping address. They'll send you an email afterwards with documents to authorize the credit charge and request you submit your FFL, which will have the address on it.

[edit] Ask me how I know it. :rockwoot:

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart

I had the same thought so I emailed them about it, here is the response I got back

"You can put in the delivery or the comment section. " So I just put the shipping address and phone number of my FFL in the comment section.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I had the same thought so I emailed them about it, here is the response I got back

"You can put in the delivery or the comment section. " So I just put the shipping address and phone number of my FFL in the comment section.

thanks i will have to email them to update it. just glad i got in on them

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Proud to be able to call myself a part of that bunch as of 4 minutes ago.

Vitamink, you're a hell of a salesman, but you're going to owe a lot of people if these suck. :)

Shoot i wish i got commission. All i know is that the first time i shot a Saiga 12 i was hooked. There seriously isn't a more fun to shoot gun out there. I then researched the veprs and the 030's. Those were the bees knees as far as AK shotguns went but we couldn't have them. Many had lusted over them for the past few years as only the military and police in Russia could own them. People were importing parts and fabbing up their own hinged dust covers, magwells, etc and modifying their saigas too look as close to a vepr 12 or 030 as they could and the expense was astronomical...Go to dinzag arms and price out some of the parts.

Finally legion started importing sporterized 030's for $1200...twice the price of a saiga 12 but you get so much more. They were flying off the shelves, but you still had to convert them, blend and weld the old trigger holes and recoat the thing. Somehow the VEPR12 which is the best AK shotgun ever is being shipped here the way it was made from the factory, NO CONVERSION NEEDED for $300 less than an unconverted 030 and about the same money as a DIY converted saiga 12. Had you told me last year that i could have one for $2,500 i would have paid it and considered it a deal. I could almost purchase 3 today for that price.

I guantee that if you have never fired an AK shotgun you will be in love. If you have fired an AK shotgun, then you know what i'm talking about. If all the extra features and refinements to the VEPR 12 over the saiga 12 (for the same damn price) don't excite you then you must be in a coma.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If all the extra features and refinements to the VEPR 12 over the saiga 12 (for the same damn price) don't excite you then you must be in a coma.

Consider me comatose. The VEPR-12 looks like a neat gun, but the uncertainty of exactly what configuration they will show up in puts me off a little, as does the availability and quality of magazines.

I have two converted Saiga-12s I've had for years that do me just fine; I am hard-pressed to justify shelling out another grand for a VEPR that uses a different style of magazine.

And, I have a rule about never "pre-ordering" anything gun-related; I've seen too many such deals go south in this biz. ARES Shrike, anyone?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Consider me comatose. The VEPR-12 looks like a neat gun, but the uncertainty of exactly what configuration they will show up in puts me off a little, as does the availability and quality of magazines.

I have two converted Saiga-12s I've had for years that do me just fine; I am hard-pressed to justify shelling out another grand for a VEPR that uses a different style of magazine.

And, I have a rule about never "pre-ordering" anything gun-related; I've seen too many such deals go south in this biz. ARES Shrike, anyone?

oh pish-tosh.

Its only 1000 dollars.

Chump change. Russian guns are cheap. Thats what makes them awesome.

Its a shotgun with magazines man, a SHOTGUN WITH MAGAZINES!

:rolleyes:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    they use the same type of magazines, you just have to shave the locking lug off the back, just like you would when putting a magwell on a saiga.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    A Vepr 12 isn't neutered to begin with so it's ready to go when it gets here.

technically these are neutered as well.

They are missing:

folding stock
    rails on hand guard
    rails on front sight base

and they dont come with a muzzle break, but there is one out there that is suppose to be awesome. Molot KG-01 I think its called. Runs like $170 by itself!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

They are missing:

folding stock
    rails on hand guard

and they dont come with a muzzle break, but there is one out there that is suppose to be awesome. Molot KG-01 I think its called. Runs like $170 by itself!

Molot GK-01 Brake for Saiga 12 | | Firespeed Tactical

Molot_bottom.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    they use the same type of magazines, you just have to shave the locking lug off the back, just like you would when putting a magwell on a saiga.

Which I haven't done and don't plan to do to either of mine. Sorry, I just can't get on board this train... but I'll gladly shoot your VEPRs if you'll let me. :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY

They are missing:

folding stock
    rails on hand guard

I should have been more specific. No conversion necessary. Yes you don't get the rails on the gas block, hand guard or the folding stock. Other than the stock the other stuff is easy peasy.

GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Saying vitamink convinced someone to buy a vepr 12 is like saying I convinced an alcohalic to have a drink.
    Lol

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I promise "you can shoot my all day long" is not a euphemism for anything sick. I will be banana hammocked up though...that's just how i get down. I want to be comfortable when i shoot my new VEPR.

Top Bottom