• Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    bonesteel folding stock? check

shooting it without an ace pad on the end of it? check

ace pad ordered and installed a week later? check.

is this vepr going to kill LOTS and LOTS of rabitts this season? yes.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We've had these in at the shop for a bit now, and I'm *really* fighting the urge to sell my Saigas and upgrade... The only thing I don't like about it is the safety lever; any way to replace that with a regular one (don't know if it's a proprietary part, or if a Saiga safety would work)?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    its just a regular old AKM selector.

well, I say that, but I know people have replaced them with such. Guess I need to double check for you.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I never did get my free mags from when I ordered from the first preorder. I forgot about it until now. Did anyone else get theirs? Im not even sure if they would even give them to me at this point being almost a year later..

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I never did get my free mags from when I ordered from the first preorder. I forgot about it until now. Did anyone else get theirs? Im not even sure if they would even give them to me at this point being almost a year later..

I got mine from Atlantic. 1 free 10 rounder and I ordered an extra 10 rounder as I recall. Or maybe they were 12 rounders ... I honestly don't remember. The mags are still in their unopened packages.

I'm actually toying with the idea of selling my Vepr 12 from the first lot that came in. It is an awesome gun, but honestly, I have no "need" for it and it is just sitting in my gun safe where another project AR could be sitting. I bet I haven't put a round through the thing since last January or February shortly after getting it. Sad ... I know.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Unfortunately I had to sell mine and wish I still had it. I might buy one with a folding stock just wish they didnt cost so much more than when I bought mine.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I keep clicking on your add lol... I want two to keep one stock and hopefully SBS the other when Indiana decides to allow that. Something like this only with the magwell. You are still a dork for selling it though.

DSCF2440frame.jpg

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I keep clicking on your add lol... I want two to keep one stock and hopefully SBS the other when Indiana decides to allow that. Something like this only with the magwell. You are still a dork for selling it though.

DSCF2440frame.jpg

while i appreciate the idea... all i can think of right now would be the god awful drilling out of ports / running top end dram loads to make it cycle all purdy like. im tossing the idea of swapping trigger groups and polishing the guts, but i also need a reason to shoot it.. so the polishing can happen on its own.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I am interested in the easiest most practical way to get 922r compliant with a factory folder. I have been on a couple of vepr forums where guys discussed different options but I really don't want to join up on another forum. I am a a novice to the AK platform so I am very unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the various mods. Im not looking to specialize the gun for any single purpose at this time it is just a range toy and at some point in the future hopefully a home defense gun. I don't want to break the bank just for the sake of being cool, I just want this legal and reliable. I know a trigger group is a important mod, but im not looking for something I have to modify unless there is no other alternative.

Id really like a one stop shopping list of what parts I need and where I can order them from

Ive been buying up ammo as I find it on sale, is there anything that I should be avoiding?

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I am interested in the easiest most practical way to get 922r compliant with a factory folder. I have been on a couple of vepr forums where guys discussed different options but I really don't want to join up on another forum. I am a a novice to the AK platform so I am very unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the various mods. Im not looking to specialize the gun for any single purpose at this time it is just a range toy and at some point in the future hopefully a home defense gun. I don't want to break the bank just for the sake of being cool, I just want this legal and reliable. I know a trigger group is a important mod, but im not looking for something I have to modify unless there is no other alternative.

Id really like a one stop shopping list of what parts I need and where I can order them from

Ive been buying up ammo as I find it on sale, is there anything that I should be avoiding?

I put a "Little Monster" muzzle break, Scorpion grip, USA stamped "puc" and a G2 trigger group in mine and got everything from Carolina Shooters Supply. If you don't want to change out the trigger group just use a USA made magazine. You need 6 USA parts to be 922r compliant. Changing out the trigger group is very easy and Carolina has a video on their site that walks you through it. I love mine, just a great firearm and fun to shoot. I think the Molot factory builds some of the best AK variants. Good luck!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I finally got mine out at the range for the first time. I had a lot of FTE's with 1oz windchester and 1 1/8oz Federal shells. I bought a case of 1 1/4 winchester #5 shot and a half case of 1 1/4oz federal #4 shot today. I hope to try them out soon and see if it shoots better.

Ive read about some polishing that can be done to help it cycle better on the lighter loads, does anyone have a link to detailed instructions or vids that may help?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We've had these in at the shop for a bit now, and I'm *really* fighting the urge to sell my Saigas and upgrade... The only thing I don't like about it is the safety lever; any way to replace that with a regular one (don't know if it's a proprietary part, or if a Saiga safety would work)?

What do you guys typically get for them?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I finally got mine out at the range for the first time.

I've read about some polishing that can be done to help it cycle better on the lighter loads, does anyone have a link to detailed instructions or vids that may help?

This link will provide the info you're looking for, BUT I'd personally shoot a few boxes of high brassed shells through it. If you really feel the need to polish it I'd suggest buffing the areas where parts rub... hammer face, bottom of the bolt. More than likely a few more rounds will smooth it out.

how do i polish the bolt? - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

The whole forum is a great source of info for Saiga's and Vepr's.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I acquired one of these vepr's in a trade a few weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet and I'm not sure if I want to trade it off or not. Are these things really all the rage that people make them out to be?

Top Bottom