• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering the drug cartel aspect of leadership there. Who do they side with and how will they be included in whatever leadership/government follows. One thing for certain, Americans will end up footing the bill for reconstruction either through taxes or drug purchases.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    None of this surprises me. My oldest son as a SD Foreign Service Officer was stationed at the consulate in Caracas in Jan. 2019 when Maduro kicked US out. Some of the s**t that went on there were mind blowing to me ( kind of like when he was in Havana before and after Obummer’s visit ). Ever since he has wanted to go back there ( why I don’t know ). We will never have a presence and influence in that part of the world again. But our enemies sure will.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    None of this surprises me. My oldest son as a SD Foreign Service Officer was stationed at the consulate in Caracas in Jan. 2019 when Maduro kicked US out. Some of the s**t that went on there were mind blowing to me ( kind of like when he was in Havana before and after Obummer’s visit ). Ever since he has wanted to go back there ( why I don’t know ). We will never have a presence and influence in that part of the world again. But our enemies sure will.
    Your son has done well, that's a tough gig to get into.Thank him, for me please.
    What drove him in that direction may I ask?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Makes me miss McClains museum in Anderson. My kid had a gas in his place.
    Edit, I met Joe at a gas station in Anderson in the middle 90's one afternoon. I had 3 or 4 drums full of #32 hydro oil in my truck, that was over ordered for a new elevator.
    He asked me what I was going to do with it and I said, take it back to the office on Monday and it most likely would be trashed. He asked if I could give it to him.
    I said yep, and that's the day I got to see his museum for the first time. After that I dropped off all the extra oil I had left from installing or serving hydro elevators.
    Somewhere I have pictures of my kid playing on all his stuff inside and on the anti aircraft guns and Huey outside.
    My kid had more fun over the long weekends being given rides in all that equipment each summer during his open house / show.
    He is a nice guy.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Your son has done well, that's a tough gig to get into.Thank him, for me please.
    What drove him in that direction may I ask?
    He was always interested in travel. Became interested in State Dept. While living and working in Japan got the opportunity for SD. Obtained required training/degree. Been there 20 some years. First assignment was at embassy in Bogota, Columbia when Bogota wasn’t a very nice place. Chipped a tooth diving under a vehicle to avoid flying bullets. Has spent majority of time since in South America. Always wanted to go to Venezuela, goal
    to work behind the scenes of normal job. working with/educating citizens in anti commie, pro democracy, western capitalism stuff. Was pulled out of Brazil or Bolivia ( don’t remember ) & sent to Havana to prepare for and work during & a bit after Obummer’s visit as he had experience with presidential details. Stationed in Rio now for supposed job of his dreams and hates it. Considering retirement after this year

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    He was always interested in travel. Became interested in State Dept. While living and working in Japan got the opportunity for SD. Obtained required training/degree. Been there 20 some years. First assignment was at embassy in Bogota, Columbia when Bogota wasn’t a very nice place. Chipped a tooth diving under a vehicle to avoid flying bullets. Has spent majority of time since in South America. Always wanted to go to Venezuela, goal
    to work behind the scenes of normal job. working with/educating citizens in anti commie, pro democracy, western capitalism stuff. Was pulled out of Brazil or Bolivia ( don’t remember ) & sent to Havana to prepare for and work during & a bit after Obummer’s visit as he had experience with presidential details. Stationed in Rio now for supposed job of his dreams and hates it. Considering retirement after this year
    What a great career so far. I spent two plus years in SA working as a kid.
    My besties plant manager is from Bogota, he goes home 3 -4 times a year. His older brother was robbed and murdered there earlier this year. Getting fuel at a service station.
    My thing 2 has been talking about doing another 3 deployments in Baghdad and then do 1 or 2 in Ukraine if it's still a hotspot. If it's not, do a few deployments on the northeast coast of Africa and then be done.

Top Bottom