• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got my vault door primed and the plunger holes covered with pipe nipples that I welded on. My builder is going to put the door in before he pours the concrete so it will take an Abrams to pull it out. The pipe nipples will give it a little strength as well. :D

safedoor003.jpg

safedoor.jpg

safedoor002.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That door was around $1700. I got an electronic keypad lock. The whole door is about 600# and the skin is 1/4" thick plate.

I'm doing a whole room for not much more than what 2 or 3 really good gun safes would cost.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Wow, that's freaking sweet! You have to be sure to show us the finished product.

My room will be about 26' x 22' of mancave goodness.:rockwoot:

Hopefully they'll start digging the basement this week. We're about 3 weeks behind now. Gotta love the great spring weather and mud.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    :ingo: You sir, are my hero. :patriot:

I've got a similar project in mind, but the wife-unit is not on board. I shall therefore live vicariously through you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There are 2 access doors on the inside that allow you to pull 2 lynch pins so you can disable the outside handle and lock. That way it can be used as a panic door as well. Even if an attacker knew the combination, they couldn't work the locking pins if I have the lynch pins out.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That is awesome! You make me very jealous....

So since you don't need gun vault(s) because the whole room will be one, are you going to put them in the room? Or are you just going to hang them all over the walls:cool:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That is awesome! You make me very jealous....

So since you don't need gun vault(s) because the whole room will be one, are you going to put them in the room? Or are you just going to hang them all over the walls:cool:

I just plan on making a rack to stand up against the wall.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Thats a largeee room! Going to be filled with only guns or are you making it a real mancave?

Guns along the walls and a 50" LED 1080p TV with full surround. And maybe even a soda vending machine with "adult pops" in it. Big comfy lazy boy...

then a deep fryer and nacho cheese dispenser.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'll be happy to just get a couple work benches built in it this year. It's going to be my reloading/gun room. I've got a drafting table I'm going to put in there. I'm going to run phone/data/tv to it so eventually I'll have it set up for internet and tv.

I plan on hanging up a bunch of stuff I got while I was in the Army on the walls. I just need to find a "He Man Woman Haters Club" sign to hang on the door.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I figure this room is costing me less than $10k. It is going in a basement and 3 of the walls already exist in the plan. At a minimum, the 4th wall would have to be a 2x6 loadbearing stud wall for the floor trusses. So I have the difference in cost there which I don't think would be more than $2k. The concrete celing costs about $7 per sf more so just over $4100. But I save $2+ per sf not having to put down tile backer above it for the kitchen so the ceiling is an extra $3k. Then I have $1700 in the door. That's less than $7k. What would 2 or 3 good quality gun safes cost?

Top Bottom