• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just got a new tank yesterday. It's the Freemax Starre Pro. I thought nothing could beat the Zephyrus that I was using, but I was wrong. If you're looking for a new and better tank, get the Freemax.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I tried the e-cig thingy about 3 years ago and I was unsuccessful. At the time I purchased a inexpensive starter kit. It was the type that actually looked like a cigarette and took cartridges and I choose tobacco flavored. The harshness and the crappy flavor just turned me off.

So last week I decided to attempt it again with a better e-cig, actually with something called a MOD. I also purchased a high quality e-fluid that isn't tobacco flavored. It's called Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny, man that stuff is tasty and with that and the new e-cig it's also smooth. I haven't had a regular cigarette since. So this time I think I'm going to make it.

Moral of my story, do your research, don't buy cheap just to try it because it could be a bad experience, and with a little time and effort you can get a nice unit at a reasonable price that may just do the trick.

This is the unit I bought as well as the place I got it from. Joyetech eVic-VT 60W 5000mAh Temp Control Full Starter Kit

Have a great weekend,

Jared Josh

Last edited:

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Just picked up the new eleaf 60 watt mod with temp control, and settings in temp control for nickel and titanium wire builds, came with the eleaf melo 2 sub ohm tank.

Using comes with a .15 ohm nickel coil, .5 ohm titanium coil, and a .3 ohm kanthal coil heads. Top fill. 4.5ml tank capacity. Can use Atlantis or Triton coil heads.

Here is the specs on the mod:

OLED Screen: temperature - resistance - voltage - wattage - battery indicator
    Passthrough: The battery can be recharged while vaping
    Micro USB port for charging: micro USB cable not included
    Requires 1 high Amp 18650 cell: Sold separately
    Operating Wattage: From 1W to 60W
    Output Voltage: 0.5V-8.0V
    Connector Thread: 510 stainless steel thread and spring loaded connector for best connection
    Output Mode: TC-Ni / VW Mode
    Temperature Range: 100-315℃ / 200-600℉ (TC mode)
    TC Resistance Range: 0.05-1ohm (TC mode)
    VW Resistance Range: 0.15 - 3.5ohm (VW mode)
    Protections: low voltage, temperature, short-circuit, no atomizer protections

So far, I'm LOVIN it. Rebuilt my Mutation x v3 from a 1.2 ohm dual coil with 30 ga kanthal down to a .5 ohm dual coil build with 26ga kanthal, cranked it up to 60w, I look like a fog machine, HUUGE clouds.

60w eleaf mod and melo 2 sub ohm tank, $70 at local brick and mortar store. Couldn't be happier.

Edit: Just found the kit on sale for 48.50
    Eleaf iStick 60W Melo 2 Starter Kit

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Well, I've been smoke free going on 8 days. I went from 1 pack a day, to no cigs a day. I started on 6mg/mL formula with double menthol flavor to get off the camel menthol wides...the first 3 days were rough.

I did my research, and have tried eCigs in the past. The "cheap" stick are trash and tasted like copper/blood in my mouth. I went with a Rouleux DNA 200 with 3 18650's, escribe programming, and also added on a herakles plus tank. I love this think. The sweet spot for the menthol was 50W. Can't wait to see what this mojito blend needs to run. This is also the first time I've charged the batteries since I bought it BTW...waiting on it to charg

I've since switched over to something called athena from a "brewery" in Indiana, from the in house double menthol stuff. It's a raspberry/pomegranate/mojito flavor. I like it a lot. Waiting on my mod to charge right now...grrr.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Great setup. I Use the Herakles as well and it's my favorite tank out of the eight I own. I use a Rouleux RX200 and I have to say it's my favorite MOD. I have since moved away from store bought juice and DIY now. I haven't smoked a cigarette in over 7 months. I tried to quit smoking using other methods, patch, pills, cold turkey, cutting back and the cheap cigalikes and failed miserably, but when I started vaping with a quality setup it was actually easy.

Congrats on quitting, hang in there, you got this.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I've been thinking about picking one up for a long time now.

How does the Herakles compare with Kanger's Subtank?

I will have to say my Subtank is a soild performer but the one I have is bottom fill. It is my second favorite tank with the Herakles being my favorite. The coils on the Herakles are amazing lasting a very long time. The last coil I replaced lasted 3 months believe it or not and I just changed it out of principle. Your mileage may vary.

Ecig.com has the Herakles Plus for $20.75 ATM. At that price I don't think you could go wrong.

Sense Herakles Tank Plus | Ecig.com

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This thread confirms my fears that vaping is becoming such a fad that it's being encouraged and promoted rather than simply a "heathier" way to deliver nicotine.

i see people who vape that hit their device so often it
    boggles the mind. I'm betting overall nicotine ingestion is way higher than had they just smoked. I suspect in a few years we're going to see a lot of data on e-cig lung diseases.

sorry to be the buzz killington

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    This thread confirms my fears that vaping is becoming such a fad that it's being encouraged and promoted rather than simply a "heathier" way to deliver nicotine.

boggles the mind. I'm betting overall nicotine ingestion is way higher than had they just smoked. I suspect in a few years we're going to see a lot of data on e-cig lung diseases.

I would never suggest that anyone vape for any other reason than to quite smoking. For me it's about harm reduction. As far as the short term effects that I have noticed myself include, no more hacking and coughing in the morning, I no longer need to use a nebulizer anymore, I rarely have to use a rescue inhaler anymore or do I have to use any steroid inhalers at all, I no longer have stinky breath and I have a overall feeling of better health.

I understand that nothing is better for your lungs than good ol fresh air and that is my eventual goal. When I first started vaping I was using 6mg/ml of nicotine in my e-juice. I am now down to 1.5 mg/ml of nicotine in my e-juice. The time will soon come when I have no nicotine at all and will stop vaping. For me it's been a great tool to quit smoking cigarettes when other methods have failed.

Last edited:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage

For some people vaping is a "fad" and 90% of people that treat it as such stop vaping within 3 months of starting.
    I would never encourage anybody to start vaping if they weren't already a smoker. I do however encourage every smoker to at least try vaping.

Honestly you shouldn't make an assumption about a persons nicotine intake based on how much/often they vape, if you don't know how much nicotine is in their e-juice.
    There are some people that use 0mg Nicotine e-juice and only do it for the flavor or placebo effect.
    They may only be using 2mg-per-ml nicotine e-juice, which is very low and one would have to take many consecutive "hits" to equate one cigarette.

To put that into a better perspective, on average 1 cigarette will yield about 1mg of nicotine delivered to the smoker.
    E-juice containing 2mg of nicotine per milliliter would mean one would have to vape .5ml to equate one cigarette.
    Most e-cig setups hold 5ml of e-juice, so you would be vaping about 1/10th of your tank to equate 1 cigarette with 2mg/ml nicotine level e-juice.

Regardless, nicotine by itself is relatively harmless.
    Nicotine alone is no more harmful than your morning cup of coffee, (pregnancy not included)and effects on the body are similar to that of caffeine, aside from being addictive.
    In-fact there have been several studies that found nicotine use enhances cognitive function and concentration, as well as helping people with stress/anxiety problems.

As far as health risks are concerned, the primary ingredients in E-Juice are used in many applications including medicines and common consumables.
    Examples would be: coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and soda.

In the past couple years, the research conducted involving e-cig use has increased exponentially, and researchers are finding more reasons smokers should switch to electronic cigarettes than they are
    finding reasons they should stop using them.
    Seems to me (based on research articles I have read) that the only danger we need to be concerned with is the flavorings.
    Few, if any food grade flavorings have been tested or observed under the conditions created by e-cig use. Dangers/risks that certain flavorings may pose to our health are largely unknown. See this article on diacetyl

However when using a flavorless e-juice, which should only consist of a mixture of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and nicotine, there is little reason to suspect adverse health complications or carcinogenic properties.
    This is a recent article published about research conducted by the Royal College of Physicians and Public Health England, where they have found reason to believe that vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

What I find interesting, but in no way surprising, is that countries beyond the reach of the US big tobacco companies are all saying the same thing.
    Unfortunately here at home, there seems to be something preventing American e-cig research or publication of research results.
    Hmmm... :scratch:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Personally I prefer mechanical box mods. I have had several digital/regulated mods and they always ended up breaking or malfunctioning on me. :(
    My current EDV (lol) is a Wulf Hell Hound Mechanical Box Mod with a Deadmodz V2 Rebuildable Dripper.
    Sure they cost a lot up front, but this mod is built like a tank, the dual batteries last all day.

If you are wanting to save money, building your own coils is the best route to take. I got tired of buying packs of coil-heads all the time.
    A spool of kanthal wire and a pack of cotton cost about $15 (high end) and should last you at least 6 months or better.
    It can be a bit of a PITA when you first start out making your own coils, but after you get the hang of it there is nothing to it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Can't rep but I tried.

Top Bottom