• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I smoked for the better part of 15 years, and the only way to really quit smoking is to simply stop doing it. Don't try to replace the habit with other methods of nicotine delivery. Don't use one drug to get you off another either, just suck it up and push through. The worst of it is over in just a few days, and it's amazing how much better you'll feel.

Edit: this was in response to the guy who just started a new thread about using vaping to quit. The thread was deleted before I could post.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I decided to give it a go. Bought a Hoosier Vapes Ego Kit (Joye) and so far I really dig it. The Chocolate Hazelnut from HV has a really nice analog feel and taste, the Puffs brand Coffee tastes good initially, but leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth. Both of these are an 80/20 mix of veggie oil and glycerin (which is 80, which is 20?). I also picked up the Aqua brand Banana Strawberry (which I figured would be totally fru-fru, but it is actually more of a DQ shake taste). It is a 50/50 oil/glycerin and seems to "vape" better, but doesn't feel as much like an analog hit off a cigarette to me (love this use of the word, analog, btw).

I can already say that after <24 hours of vaping I've only had, or wanted, one cigarette and that tasted like poop.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I never liked second hand smoke, and I don't want second hand steam either.

It has little to no odor at all, usually. It depends on the brand and the flavor but most have a very pleasant second hand odor.

And its just like you said. Steam. There is nothing in it that can hurt you.

All the ingredients that are used are food grade products that you already consume every day. Most of which you will consume more of by simply eating food than you will ever consume vaping. Let alone second hand.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I smoked for the better part of 15 years, and the only way to really quit smoking is to simply stop doing it. Don't try to replace the habit with other methods of nicotine delivery. Don't use one drug to get you off another either, just suck it up and push through. The worst of it is over in just a few days, and it's amazing how much better you'll feel.

Edit: this was in response to the guy who just started a new thread about using vaping to quit. The thread was deleted before I could post.

Cold turkey works for some, but not for everyone. I can honestly say that if it were not for vaping I would probably never quit smoking. And I am finding weaning myself from vaping is a lot easier than it was from smoking.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    On the safety front.....e-cigs may not be very harmful on the lungs but there have been a few cases of these things exploding and causing burns and fires. Be warned!

Is Anything Being Done To Prevent Exploding E-Cigarettes? ? Consumerist

Most use a lithium battery. Lithium batteries have some inherent dangers. One is a tendency to catch fire if not charged properly or more likely over charged. Joye Tech branded batteries have over charge and short to ground protection built in. Cheap knock-offs do not.

This is more of a case of buyer beware than a true "danger" of using an e-cig. Like anything else that is out there if there is nothing wrong with it already then the .gov (FDA has been chomping at the bit to regulate e-cigs) wants to over hype the one potential issue with an off brand battery that was misused by the owner.

If you have a remote control car that uses Lithium batteries guess what will happen if you leave them plugged into a charger over night.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My mom already put herself in the hospital from smoking. Said she'd quit...didnt happen. Finally I bought a EVOD BCC kit for her and she LOVES it. No more carcinogens, smelly house, 2nd hand smoke to kids and her pets and the PROs list goes on. I have 2 EVOD 1000ma batteries and a nice Itazte VV variable voltage/variable wattage battery which is awesome for $40.

Also, the cheap kind that are about the same size as a cig totally suck. Used to be, a good vape would cost you upwards of $200. Now you can buy an AWESOME startup for around $50.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I never liked second hand smoke, and I don't want second hand steam either.
    So......
    We constantly breathe in leftover vapors, cooking smells, fecal smells, animal odors, dust mites, and every other aerosolized particle on the planet.
    That smell from Mc D's when you pass by is oil vapor entering your lungs.
    NOT good for your health!
    What are you going to do if someone in the room farts????
    Leave the planet??
    Your only option is to stop breathing.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    1 week, no cigarettes. Gooey Butter Cake from Hoosier Vapes is great, I'm even slowing down the amount of vaping I'm doing despite it's deliciousness. Already feel different and the bacon I had with dinner last night tasted like the very first time ever! :bacondance:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So what is everyone vaping on right now?

Right now I am vaping Halo 24mg Tribeca in a CE3 bottom coil clearomizer on an Ego C twist at ~3.4 volts.

At first I didn't like Tribeca but I have been vaping a lot of other flavors and decided I would use up some of my older stuff. I am liking it pretty good now. It still isn't as good as Want 2 Vape's Paris blend (My current favorite) but it is pretty good. I'm not sure if it is because it has steeped for so long the flavor finally came through or if it was the carto I was using but the first time around it just had a real funky taste. Now it is clean and mild with good throat hit and lots of vapor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, I'm confessing right up front that I haven't read the rest of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked, but whenever I hear people (or read people) talking about vaping, they all mention these goofy flavors (no offense to anyone that likes the goofy flavors, but "gooey butter cake"? C'mon!). My question is, do they make these cartridges (if that's the right term) that taste like, oh, I don't know... cigarettes? Like Marlboro Light flavor? Camel flavor? (The cigarettes, not the animal - ewwww!)

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Okay, I'm confessing right up front that I haven't read the rest of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked, but whenever I hear people (or read people) talking about vaping, they all mention these goofy flavors (no offense to anyone that likes the goofy flavors, but "gooey butter cake"? C'mon!). My question is, do they make these cartridges (if that's the right term) that taste like, oh, I don't know... cigarettes? Like Marlboro Light flavor? Camel flavor? (The cigarettes, not the animal - ewwww!)

I thought the same thing when I started. Turns out it's hard to find a good cigarette flavor. I started off with hangsen USA flavor from indy vapor shop which was pretty decent. Then I started trying to find other cigarette flavors and was disappointed with them. After trying non-cigarette flavors I quit trying to find cigarette flavors. The fruity flavors are so much better. I think the issue is that it's hard to duplicate a flavor of something burning such as a cigarette.

My current vapes are from Mt. Baker Vapor, good juice at a good price.

Thug juice
    Hawk sause
    Ecto cooler
    Cinnamon roll.

Both thug and hawk are fruit blends with a little menthol. Funny thing is that I hated menthol cigarettes but for vaping I like a slight menthol hit.

I've been vaping since late may and was really surprised I how much I like it. It made it relatively easy to quit cigs but I have caved into a analog craving a couple times. When I have smoked a analog I cannot believe how nasty it tastes and smells which makes it easy to go back to vaping. I think the main reason why I crave analogs from time to time is that I'm vaping the lowest nicotine available so I get that craving from time to time.

If your interested in trying vaping hit up the indy vapor shop and try their USA juice. I think I paid about $60 to get started so for a little more than a carton of cigs you can try vaping with good equipment and not the gas station cheap stuff. There are also 2 new vapor shops in Brownsburg but I haven't been to them yet, Mainstreet vapor and hoosier vapor llc. On the plus side if you like vaping you'll save money pretty quick. I'm probably spending $25-$30/month between juice and atomizers and factoring in battery life and broken tanks(from me dropping glass tanks) I'll probably average $40/month. Analogs were costing me $180/month, the money saved is going to fund a 1911 purchase.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I guess I can't dismiss it out of hand (the flavors), but as someone who smoked a pipe many years ago, I never cared for the "sweet" flavored tobaccos, so I just can't imagine enjoying the flavored vapor.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Well, I guess I can't dismiss it out of hand (the flavors), but as someone who smoked a pipe many years ago, I never cared for the "sweet" flavored tobaccos, so I just can't imagine enjoying the flavored vapor.
    This is a very good tasting tobacco flavored e-liquid. The closest thing to an actual tobacco flavor I've found.

Turkish E-Liquid - Darth Vapers

As is this, with just a hint of apple flavor. Not sweet. It's the one I use most.

Applebacco E-Liquid - Darth Vapers

Last edited:
    Top Bottom