• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got a tobacco sample pack from Halo today. I know alot of tobacco flavors need to steep for a bit for thier full flavor to come out but Halo says all thier products are presteeped and ready to vape out of the box. Anyway I loaded up a couple of my eGo-T 1ml tanks to try out the flavors and I figured I share my initial thought.

First on I tried was the one I was most excited to try because it gets alot of ood reviews. It was also the biggest let down. Halo Tribeca is not very good IMHO. Not much real tobacco flavor. If I had to guess at what it taste like I would say dry grass. I hope it gets better in a few days.

Second is Prime 15. It is another one I had high hopes for but I will say it pretty much full fills exactly what it promises. It tastes pretty much like a full flavor cigarette .

Third is Longhorn. This one smells amazing like an unlite cigar. The taste is sweet with lots of tobacco undertones but on the exhale I get a perfumy flavor. If this goes away after steeping for a few days it will be a good one for all day vaping.

Fourth is Midnight Apple. This is a personal favorite of mine and this is the second sample bottle I have gotten of it. When you put an unlite apple Swisher Sweet in your mouth with out lighting it, that flavor that it leaves on your lips. That is what this juice taste like. It is my evening vape.

Fifth was a surprise hit. Torque56 is one I didn't expect much from but it is the one that ended up going into my Vision tank. It tastes just like Midnight Apple with out the Apple. Just the right amount of sweet tobacco flavor with out the grassy flavor of Tribecca.

Last is Turkish Tobacco. I was looking forward to this one as a long time Camel smoker. Unfortunately it has the same grassy flavor as Tribecca.

I'm hoping after some steeping the grassy flavor goes away and I can get a better idea of the true flavor of the juices.

Until then I'm really liking Torque56 and I can only imagine it getting better with age. I was looking for a solid tobacco flavor to use as a base to do some personal blends and I think I found it in Torque56.

All of these are 24mg juices and all produce clouds of vapor and have good throat hit just like all the other Halo juices I've tried.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I'm soooo tired of top coils. My Vivi Nova wicks all stopped .... wicking (also after a few rebuilds, they like to pee all over my Vamo V3).

Going back to Kanger Protank clearomizers, and the little (1.7ml) EVOD's. Guess I'm just a bottom-feeder after all. :dunno:

Last edited:

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I agree with Hoosier8 and don't understand the idea of e-cigs. I smoked and chewed for over half my life when I quit and never looked back. I know tons and tons of folks that say they just can't kick the habit. I have always said, if you don't really want to quit, you can find plenty of excuses not too.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    I agree with Hoosier8 and don't understand the idea of e-cigs. I smoked and chewed for over half my life when I quit and never looked back. I know tons and tons of folks that say they just can't kick the habit. I have always said, if you don't really want to quit, you can find plenty of excuses not too.

I absolutely agree. The secret to quitting is simply to WANT to and to make a conscious choice. Then it's easy. You've got maybe 3 days of feeling a little grumpy and you're over the hump.

Vaping is just the latest way to get people to hand over their money to companies that are unconcerned with your well-being. Who knows what chemicals you're ingesting, or what will be 'discovered' about the health effects in 10 years?

Just quit. It's a bad habit, but it's only a habit. You can choose not to do it. You just have to WANT to quit and be willing to make a choice.

Just my $.02. Everyone has the right to choose. But if you continue to smoke because you think you NEED to, you're no longer making a choice .. just being a victim.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Vaping is just the latest way to get people to hand over their money to companies that are unconcerned with your well-being. Who knows what chemicals you're ingesting, or what will be 'discovered' about the health effects in 10 years?

I do not agree with this statement at all. I had been a smoker for almost 12 years before I started vaping. I have only been vaping regularly for the last 8 months now and I can already tell a difference in my breathing, My sense of smell and taste have returned, my stamina has increased and I just simply feel better. I don't wake up coughing anymore and I sleep better becuase I can breath easier. Everything used in the making of (at least US made) E-juice is FDA approved food grade products. It is basically food coloring and vegitable oil with some flavorings. Stuff we already have been ingesting for years, so why would it make us sick now? The makers of juice I have delt with all seem to have the nothing but the best intentions and all strive to make the best product they can. Right now the juice market is highly self regulating, so if a juice company gets a bad name and starts putting out a product that makes people sick you can rest assured they will not be around very long.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    The secret to quitting is simply to WANT to and to make a conscious choice. Then it's easy. You've got maybe 3 days of feeling a little grumpy and you're over the hump.

Just quit. It's a bad habit, but it's only a habit. You can choose not to do it. You just have to WANT to quit and be willing to make a choice.

Just my $.02. Everyone has the right to choose. But if you continue to smoke because you think you NEED to, you're no longer making a choice .. just being a victim.

pancake_bunny.jpg

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Well, guess I am a little late to the party. I want to see if I can stop using chewing tobacco, so I figured I would give one of these things a go. My dad had one gifted to him from a co-worker whos significant other works at a Vapor Bank. My dad just gave me his, since he hates it, and has no urge to quit (unfortunately).

So, I got a eGo -C Upgrade with their V2 tank thing (no clue on the lingo yet).

So far, so good, only had two dips today, which is better than my usual two cans a day! I am puffing on a mix of Snozberry, and Hypnosis, from a local shop. So far I am liking it. I tried straight tobacco, hated that, and tried watermelon which was just okay.

I've noticed a bit of a sore throat, but from what I read, thats to be expected. Especially at 24mg of nic. I also noticed I will vape occasionally throughout the day, not like dip where I would put one in in the morning, then around 10, than around 12, than after lunch and so on. Vaping is more of a continuos action through the day. It's cool so far.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, guess I am a little late to the party. I want to see if I can stop using chewing tobacco, so I figured I would give one of these things a go. My dad had one gifted to him from a co-worker whos significant other works at a Vapor Bank. My dad just gave me his, since he hates it, and has no urge to quit (unfortunately).

So, I got a eGo -C Upgrade with their V2 tank thing (no clue on the lingo yet).

So far, so good, only had two dips today, which is better than my usual two cans a day! I am puffing on a mix of Snozberry, and Hypnosis, from a local shop. So far I am liking it. I tried straight tobacco, hated that, and tried watermelon which was just okay.

I've noticed a bit of a sore throat, but from what I read, thats to be expected. Especially at 24mg of nic. I also noticed I will vape occasionally throughout the day, not like dip where I would put one in in the morning, then around 10, than around 12, than after lunch and so on. Vaping is more of a continuos action through the day. It's cool so far.

Glad to hear it and congrats on taking the first step.

I'm happy to report after regular vaping since January I no longer have any cravings for an analog. I have even been loosing my desire to vape, in just the last few weeks I have only vaped a couple times per day and have gone more than a few days without vaping at all.

It is a good way to quit if you stick to it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Glad to hear it and congrats on taking the first step.

I'm happy to report after regular vaping since January I no longer have any cravings for an analog. I have even been loosing my desire to vape, in just the last few weeks I have only vaped a couple times per day and have gone more than a few days without vaping at all.

It is a good way to quit if you stick to it.

I've been vaping exclusively for almost two years. I didn't start vaping to quit smoking, I switched because it's healthier, more convenient, and MUCH cheaper.

I tried an analog cig (my favorite brand) a couple of months ago, and couldn't even finish it. The TASTE and aftertaste were HORRIBLE. I haven't had the urge for an analog since then.

(another lesson learned: if you do try an analog after vaping for months, just remember that you can't put an analog in your shirt pocket between puffs!)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been vaping exclusively for almost two years. I didn't start vaping to quit smoking, I switched because it's healthier, more convenient, and MUCH cheaper.

I tried an analog cig (my favorite brand) a couple of months ago, and couldn't even finish it. The TASTE and aftertaste were HORRIBLE. I haven't had the urge for an analog since then.

(another lesson learned: if you do try an analog after vaping for months, just remember that you can't put an analog in your shirt pocket between puffs!)

Honestly I didn't really expect I would quit entirely so quickly. I figured I would be vaping for sometime and I still enjoy it much more than smoking. But I just don't crave it anymore. I still vape but it is more like after a good meal or on the weekends relaxing in the back yard kinda thing instead of the cravings I had for analogs.

I don't need to vape like I needed a cigarette you know what I mean?

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Top Bottom