• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What did we do with Japanese-Americans after we reduced 50% or so of The Empire of The Rising Sun to rubble (some of it radioactive). If you want to assimilate and become Americans, fine. If you want to carry the grudge and don the Hachimaki, here's your radiation suit - you go back.

And what did we do before? We locked them up like criminals. American citizens whose only offense was being of Japanese descent. Is that what we should be doing with Muslims? Locking up American citizens whose only offense is practicing their first amendment rights differently than you?

I have to say, it surprises me that website dedicated to gun owners, a group who's vilified in the media after every news worthy shooting, is so quick to vilify a quarter of the earth's population based on the actions of a relative few.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And what did we do before? We locked them up like criminals. American citizens whose only offense was being of Japanese descent. Is that what we should be doing with Muslims? Locking up American citizens whose only offense is practicing their first amendment rights differently than you?

I have to say, it surprises me that website dedicated to gun owners, a group who's vilified in the media after every news worthy shooting, is so quick to vilify a quarter of the earth's population based on the actions of a relative few.

Apparently to some people the constitution protects only their rights, not other people's rights.

f3b8a06d8c9a7ed7c4dff8bcd6203db5.jpg

If you're inclined to infringe upon other people's right you're willing to lose the same rights.
    If you think "they" shouldn't have the freedom of religion then say good bye to yours ...
    If you're willing to repeal amendments to the US Constitution you're willing to lose your right to bear arms ...

Gun owners should protect the constitution in its entirety, not help chip it away by denying basic rights to a portion of the population based on their faith.

:twocents:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gun owners should protect the constitution in its entirety, not help chip it away by denying basic rights to a portion of the population based on their faith.

:twocents:

Funny how those factions form. The mindset that a scant percentage of extremists represent 24% of the Earth's population is bafflingly hypocritical.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There are 3.3 million Muslims in our own land. 1% of the population. Many, US citizens just like you and me. At least one, an INGO member, just like you and me.

What do wish to see done with "them"?

Say it out loud. Own it.

I won't have to say a word.
    When that projected 1% of them eventually does something, they'll say it for me with their actions.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Call me crazy, but when I see someone pledging allegiance to ISIS and openly advocating killing the infidel, that's a pretty good tipoff that that person warrants more than just a sidelong glance.
    Or we could just keep on keeping on.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Funny how those factions form. The mindset that a scant percentage of extremists represent 24% of the Earth's population is bafflingly hypocritical.

They are not extremists. They are literalists. Their instruction manual is quite clear.

Oppression does not always mean suicide bombs at pop concerts. Name a Muslim majority country that shares our values and enjoys the kind of freedom that we have.
    The core ideology is incompatible with western values. I don't give a damn if it's 50% of Earth's population. Our freedoms are foreign to this ideology, except when they can be used against us.

But I suppose that the avoidance of being called a bigot is worth a scant percentage of American citizens killed by jihad.

Because freedom.

I wonder what John Adams would say about the Constitution and its adequacy for the governance of those whose prophet commands them to kill innocents.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Ownership, Phase I

Stop all immigration, for ten years, period. Buy time to culturally "digest" those persons who have already arrived and completed paperwork legally. US doesn't owe non-citizens or asylum seekers a damn thing! Spare us the "but muh brother in law!" arguments. Not everyone makes it onto the life boat that is the US of A. Enjoy being here. Embrace us, we will embrace you.

Let law enforcement perform investigations to identify potential threats from citizens or those already here where there is probable cause. Those with links (financial or material support) to ISIS, etc are further investigated and/or arrested when a case can be made under existing statutes. Punishment as proscribed by law based on result of trial, be it death penalty, prison time, fine, community service, probation or other. Fed/states/other govt agencies have one job: keep citizens safe and protect our rights. If you are on a visa and are running your mouth or fingers on a keyboard about how much it sucks here, realize we let you in, we can toss you out. Toss out the troubled element. If their families can stay, let them. If they can't or don't want to, or think it is "unfair" or anti-whatver, adios to them, too.

I'm willing to "own" this strategy. You wet nurses on the other side willing to own or define yours?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ownership, Phase I

Stop all immigration, for ten years, period. Buy time to culturally "digest" those persons who have already arrived and completed paperwork legally. US doesn't owe non-citizens or asylum seekers a damn thing! Spare us the "but muh brother in law!" arguments. Not everyone makes it onto the life boat that is the US of A. Enjoy being here. Embrace us, we will embrace you.

Let law enforcement perform investigations to identify potential threats from citizens or those already here where there is probable cause. Those with links (financial or material support) to ISIS, etc are further investigated and/or arrested when a case can be made under existing statutes. Punishment as proscribed by law based on result of trial, be it death penalty, prison time, fine, community service, probation or other. Fed/states/other govt agencies have one job: keep citizens safe and protect our rights. If you are on a visa and are running your mouth or fingers on a keyboard about how much it sucks here, realize we let you in, we can toss you out. Toss out the troubled element. If their families can stay, let them. If they can't or don't want to, or think it is "unfair" or anti-whatver, adios to them, too.

I'm willing to "own" this strategy. You wet nurses on the other side willing to own or define yours?

I like it. A lot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I see all sides of this.
    I would ask you what we should do. Not as a wise guy but I am curious as to what the answer is here.
    This insanity has been put into play when these country's opened up the borders to these people. Not all of them are causing issues. Just enough to kill and destroy. They are changing the landscape of society's where ever they go. What is the answer.

My answer is agreeing with post #388..........it looks like a really good idea in the light of all this life changing insanity.
    We owe the world nothing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ownership, Phase I

amen! I've been saying for a long time (before trump) that we need to close our borders but little *****es have always cried about it

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Ownership, Phase I

I'm pretty impressed with this. I kinda like it. :yesway:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ownership, Phase I

Too bad this will never happen. I mentioned an American Cultural Non-Revolution, closing the borders and returning to Americanism in the 70's. Build a wall and allow any one to leave allow only those who want to be Americans to enter.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The woosyfication and feminization of America and even among the gun community is astounding to me. How far we've fallen.
    Thankfully I think once more veterans get into positions of authority and get older and raise kids we will see a change back away from the ways of the 1960's which is the generation that put us where we are today

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There are many veterans who have seen the horrors of war that reared the leaders of today. It stands to reason that those who have served in these current wars may do the same.

A man whom I deeply respect for his service in WWII is Daniel Ken "Dan" Inouye, one of the most liberal legislators of all time.

200px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg.png

100px-Medal_of_Honor_ribbon.svg.png

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There are many veterans who have seen the horrors of war that reared the leaders of today. It stands to reason that those who have served in these current wars may do the same.

A man whom I deeply respect for his service in WWII is Daniel Ken "Dan" Inouye, one of the most liberal legislators of all time.
    you always get some that go left but the majority especially combat veterans go Republican.
    A guy I briefly served with actually served in the obama White House. I wasn't shocked when I found out.

we need to stop apologizing for being Americans. We also need to stop fighting wars like *****s. Time to unleash the beast. Either you fight a war or you don't. You don't pretend. That's how good Americans get killed for nothing

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It was fear of total war that the political leaders in the 50s and 60s saw first-hand in WWII that resulted in Korea and Vietnam....and the baby boomers.

So good luck with that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    you always get some that go left but the majority especially combat veterans go Republican.
    A guy I briefly served with actually served in the obama White House. I wasn't shocked when I found out.

we need to stop apologizing for being Americans. We also need to stop fighting wars like *****s. Time to unleash the beast. Either you fight a war or you don't. You don't pretend. That's how good Americans get killed for nothing

The Military Is More Liberal Than You Think | HuffPost

First hit on Google. There are many more. Most combat veterans of my era (including meowndamself) are against unnecessary wars. We can argue til the cars come home how "necessary" war in southwest Asia is. In my mind, we could have done much better staying away.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Military Is More Liberal Than You Think | HuffPost

First hit on Google. There are many more. Most combat veterans of my era (including meowndamself) are against unnecessary wars. We can argue til the cars come home how "necessary" war in southwest Asia is. In my mind, we could have done much better staying away.
    I don't disagree that the Vietnam war should have never happened. However it did and I believe you support your troops and government when in a time of war. My dad is a Vietnam vet as well as my uncles. All lean right not left. No one wants a
    unnessesary war. War should be the last resort when other options fail or emenent danger to the US or its people is at stake.
    We are there now. We are in real danger. The enemy IS among us. They are living here and more than ever came in under obama for 8 years. Get ready people. Clean your guns and load your mags because jihad IS coming to your streets soon. They are here.
    The majority of Muslim countries despise us and our way of life. I truly believe that the majority of them would kill an American if they could get away with it. Put them in a crowd and get them hooting and hollering and yippin and they will be thirsty to cut your head off and will be happy to see it happen. I believe in striking first. This whole acceptance and religion of peace bull **** will get Americans killed and that's not acceptable. It's time for a push in this country in the other direction. We have legal ways to do it and I believe those should be fully used stateside. Also internationally it's time to track ALL of the money. We have money from inside the US still going to support terrorism and terrorist sending money to members of congress. put them all in jail.
    and if you lean left, trust me you are in the minority among vets and active duty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom