• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Do your parents happen to live in Mayberry circa 1962?

Seriously, I thought vacuum cleaner salesmen went out with the milkman.

There are still milkmen. Here in CO Royal Crest Dairy is a huge home delivery company.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay . . .

Since we're talking about door to door vacuum salesmen and not the real topic . . .

We had a Kirby sales person come to our house maybe ten years ago or so. She was in her early 20s and smokin' hot. I let her inside for her demo. I let her continue the demo a little longer than she intended because I enjoyed watching her do the demo. I just wasn't convinced when she did that little piece of carpet she brought with her. I needed to see how that Kirby fared against the carpet in the living room. She was doing the hallway when I think she realizes I wasn't intending to buy . . . a vacuum cleaner.

I freely admit that I showed no concern for my personal safety during this incident. Heck, who know what she might have done with . . . er . . . to me?

Did I mention that she was attractive?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Okay . . .
    Since we're talking about door to door vacuum salesmen and not the real topic . . .
    We had a Kirby sales person come to our house maybe ten years ago or so. She was in her early 20s and smokin' hot. I let her inside for her demo. I let her continue the demo a little longer than she intended because I enjoyed watching her do the demo. I just wasn't convinced when she did that little piece of carpet she brought with her. I needed to see how that Kirby fared against the carpet in the living room. She was doing the hallway when I think she realizes I wasn't intending to buy . . . a vacuum cleaner.
    I freely admit that I showed no concern for my personal safety during this incident. Heck, who know what she might have done with . . . er . . . to me?
    Did I mention that she was attractive?

Are you sure you weren't Drinking?

paarts20dwarf2026185628.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hmmm, this is strange. Just 5 short days ago I had to shoot my vacuum cleaner.

OK, not really strange but I shot the damned thing anyway.

And, no, there wasnt a salesman attached to it.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    :rolleyes:

Well, in the case of my mom, according to her it went like this.

"Salesman"- I'm a vacuum salesman, may I come in?
    Mom- what kind of vacuum are you selling?
    "Salesman"- Umm, may I come in?
    Mom- what brand are you selling?
    "Salesman"- May I come in?
    Mom- get off my property. I'm not interested.

And he left in a single cab truck. No vacuum cleaner, couldn't even say what brand or type. You can't tell me he was an actual saleman.

Was it a white Chevy late 90's early 2000? I live in Montgomery Co and had a guy try something like this on me last week. Most salesmen would not come to the door looking like this guy I would say he had not had a shower since the last rain. He was trying to sell me windows and wanted to come in and measure them for a free estimate. I was nice and told him I just changed out the windows a couple years ago and he said well I sell doors also he would not give up. I then told him to leave or the cops would be here he had a paper plate on the truck with junk in the bed of the truck I highly doubt that he was selling anything.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ive had the Kirby people here.... But before he came in I sized up the guy vs. me. I had the advantage for sure. Had a guy come over trying to sell me a new roof (mine was 6 years old at the time, and looked very very good).... He got shut down too.

Im not opposed to someone trying to make a living and supporting their family, hell thats what America is about. I do, however, have a problem with ****bags trying to case a house.

-MColford

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Sometimes there will be shady characters who will pose as salespeople to gain entry to your house, look around, and then come back later and clean you out. Sometimes there are people whose household depends on them making sales to support their families. If you're armed or with your dogs and its broad daylight you shouldnt have much to worry about either way. Keep your eyes peeled for suspicious details or things they say. Its pretty easy to identify if someone is BSing or being truthful.

One thing that is frustrating to me is how some people have posted on this thread about OC'ing when a salesperson is in your house to show that they cant mess with you. Two things bother me about this 1. If the person is a criminal and they see your gun, most likely they know thats not the only one you own. The vast majority of people own more than just one firearm. Wouldn't that just entice them more? At this point, they know which cars are associated with which people live in the house. 2. Lets say that this person is an actual salesperson and they have the 'man of the house' coming down stairs with a handgun acting tough, what kind of impression does that give them about gun owners or people who CC or OC? Some people talked about how they scurried off after they saw your gun or they started to fumble their words. You probably made them feel intimidated and now they have a bad taste in their mouth about gun owners.

Overall, I will say that I have done door-to-door sales when I was in High School and its not an easy job. Give these kids a break if you can, try not to be too rough on them.

Top Bottom