• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The thing I don't understand is how all of these people went along with the sham. What was the underlying reason for the blind following? Fear of going against the mob, bribes, ?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The thing I don't understand is how all of these people went along with the sham. What was the underlying reason for the blind following? Fear of going against the mob, bribes, ?
    Fear and trust in the "experts".

We've been inculcated, for decades and (now generations), that vaccines will save us from everything.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Using your post as a start point, I do not understand how so many people sloughed off the idea it was a sham as if it couldn’t happen because all of these people just couldn’t be in on it.

As for your question I suspect the majority had no idea the details and had a god like complex they were saving the world…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    trust in the "experts".

We've been inculcated, for decades and (now generations), that vaccines will save us from everything.
    This.

I was raised by parents who grew up with polio and the fear that instilled in them was deep. They saw the miracle of the polio vaccine and transferred that to later vaccines.

They also had a trust in government born of WWII. (Earned or not) those ideas were instilled in me. I still struggle to apply enough suspicion to our current regime and political parties.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This.

I was raised by parents who grew up with polio and the fear that instilled in them was deep. They saw the miracle of the polio vaccine and transferred that to later vaccines.

They also had a trust in government born of WWII. (Earned it not) those ideas were instilled in me. I still struggle to apply enough suspicion to our current regime and political parties.
    I am lucky (unlucky) enough that I was taught from early on to question everything. Not dismiss it but find the reason or explanation behind it. It also makes believing in things you can’t see/touch/hear a little harder (like faith). But it has saved me many times heartache and pain

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This.

They also had a trust in government born of WWII. (Earned it not) those ideas were instilled in me. I still struggle to apply enough suspicion to our current regime and political parties.
    Imagine their amazement if they were to see arguments that imply the polio vaccines were useless as well.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

giphy.webp

He better get another booster.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Before 2021 I would have considered myself a “pro-vaxxer”. My kids are in their 30s now so the vaccine schedule has probably changed from when they were kids but I’d imagine we got them every shot their doctor recommended. We never gave them a second thought. But now? If I had kids coming along now, I’d likely be going this route.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Before 2021 I would have considered myself a “pro-vaxxer”. My kids are in their 30s now so the vaccine schedule has probably changed from when they were kids but I’d imagine we got them every shot their doctor recommended. We never gave them a second thought. But now? If I had kids coming along now, I’d likely be going this route.

Just had this discussion with a 30ish coworker (I'm closer to GFGT's age) and I have to agree with him. He plans no vaccines for his children, and home schooling. He and his wife's goal is to get from their first house to something close to a homestead on their second.

One of my mantras when I was management was "trust and confidence". The worker has to have trust and confidence in the manager and above, and the management must have trust and confidence the staff are working in the best interests of the company.

The same principals apply to our government. We the People must have trust and confidence in our government and our elected representatives. For many of us the "pandemic" demonstrated either of those elements (the elected and the professional bureaucrat class) were untrustworthy and did not inspire confidence in their judgement or abilities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s easy to be skeptical of “them”. It’s hard to be skeptical of “us”. So. All TPTB need to do is create a grift where the sham side is “us” and the skeptics are “them”. Media was complicit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m not sure exactly what this means but if it’s true, it sounds like a big deal. (Is Trump still bragging about Warp Speed and his glorious vaccine?)

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Mrs. oze had four shots and just now finished her 4th bout of the rona. I quit after 2 shots, and have had it once since. Not making any conclusions, but the cynic in me detects a post hoc ergo propter hoc relationship here.

Top Bottom