• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remote work has been possible for 20+ years with VPN and the telephone. Remember when milk was delivered to your home? How about coal? Home delivery has been around for 70+ years.

There have been numerous posts about people who were socially distancing, masking, jabbing, and still caught covid and died.

Please take off the blinders so you can see the truth.

View attachment 296100
    I am aware of your valid points. Technology includes the UV filters that can kill the virus indoors, in schools, workplaces, restaurants.

Remote work, social distancing is simply trading space for time (I believe I used Timosheko's strategy in the Ukraine as an analogy).

I'm not saying we remote work forever but we need to be more accepting of it. Mitigation is far more effective than pretending a problem does not exist. We should have mitigation discussions now before the next wave.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    You can get jabed. You can social distance. You can lather in hand sanitizer. Life is 50/50.
    50% Fate. 50% Human interference.
    We can't control the fate part. What ever is gonna happen is gonna happen. One single decision you make today can alter a life in 10 years. I got a flu shot the first of last December. By the first of last January I had the Flu. That turned into pneumonia. The pneumonia turned into a 3 week hospital stay.. 8 days in the ICU on a ventilator with a 50/50 chance of living or dying. I am still not fully recovered. So if the answer is as simple as get a vaccine.....Well I dont know. I did everything right and it still happened.
    I'm probably gonna pass on the vaccines this year.:dunno:
    If you think its right for you then by all means get them. What I do believe is that no one should be forced to get one and in America we should have the right to choose.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You can get jabed. You can social distance. You can lather in hand sanitizer. Life is 50/50.
    50% Fate. 50% Human interference.
    We can't control the fate part. What ever is gonna happen is gonna happen. One single decision you make today can alter a life in 10 years. I got a flu shot the first of last December. By the first of last January I had the Flu. That turned into pneumonia. The pneumonia turned into a 3 week hospital stay.. 8 days in the ICU on a ventilator with a 50/50 chance of living or dying. I am still not fully recovered. So if the answer is as simple as get a vaccine.....Well I dont know. I did everything right and it still happened.
    I'm probably gonna pass on the vaccines this year.:dunno:
    If you think its right for you then by all means get them. What I do believe is that no one should be forced to get one and in America we should have the right to choose.
    Well, latest data on vaccines is slightly above a coin flip so not a bad call.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How did we prepare for all of the other influenza viruses? This one is actually less deadly than most of the others.

Talk to me if we have something that is actually a real threat to a large number of people. Until then, it is not worth preparing for.
    And, sadly for humanity, they cried wolf on the severity of this virus and now will never be believed when a deadly one shows.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Because it thwarts natural herd immunity, and likely killed way more people than it would have if we just ripped off the bandage and took it head on, not cowering in the corner…
    Absolutely, I'm ****ing DONE.. No mask, never been vaxed and survived Covid 4 times that I know of. As long as people leave me alone I will go my own way and allow others to do the same. I will not be dictated to by some so called "expert" that is a political thug.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am sorry your feelings are hurt. I'll attempt to be more measured.

Masking has limited general effectiveness especially when not properly worn and used. The Covid-19 vaccines are effective but not effective as originally touted.

I don't know what you think I was wrong about and why it matters , but assume arguendo I was wrong about both.

With resepect. now what? What do we do about the next wave as it might hit harder than the first wave, a la Spanish Flu?
    Once we knew the virus was an aerosol that was all we needed to know that masks, even properly worn and used. The particles of wuwho flu are smaller than a mask can filtrate.

CDC just said masking would not work for the smoke particles and they are larger than the wuwho flu.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They spent years of actual science developing the vaccines for those.

Just curious, where do you believe c-19 came from?
    Yes and it will take years to develop Covid too.

Where Covid-19 originated? Got me.

Think the latest is strong possibility that it was lab leak. Hanlon's Razor suggests that it was variant that got away from the researchers, PRC Commissars did level best to keep quiet.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That the latest from Mayo Clinic and CDC.

You have another source, sir?
    Because the CDC has been so honest and impartial.
    https://covid19-vaccines-efficacy.ecdc.europa.eu/
    Showing that the best outcome of initial vax is within 14 days, at 16-55%, up to 3 months that drops to 4.8-42.8% and after 6 months 8.6%. under 9% effective for infection is not a vaccine. But it trends with what I have experienced with the wife's family (the one you called a liar). They're all vaxxed and twice boosted. Every single one has had C-19 a minimum of 3 times, with the BIL *(who is a year younger than I) has had it 5 times now. 5. I had OG in March 2020, wife brought home delta in December 21 for both of us. Round two for me was a day of fever and aches and about 4-5 days of sniffles, but being december I would have had some sniffles anyway so it may have been shorter in reality. Haven't had it since even though I've been exposed multiple times.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That the latest from Mayo Clinic and CDC.

You have another source, sir?
    If you cannot understand the system is broken I cannot help you. Fauchi made $300 MILLION during the ordeal. The system is corrupt and broken.

Take blood pressure recommendations. Millions of folks were told they were borderline but did not need prescriptions. Then a few years later, yep it is dire, you have to take the script. The BP recommendations keep sliding down. Is it a gift to big pharma, updated science, or maybe both?

The flu shot is a joke. There are near 400 strains of flu, the shot is a cocktail of the three or four they predict will be active. Similar to the dealer at roulette telling you to bet red and between 10-25 out of 400 possibilities…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Where Covid-19 originated? Got me.

A simplified version of events that seems plausible based on investigative reporting.

Patriot act passes; authority to research biological agents is included.

DOD says that would violate the Geneva Convention.

TPTB move it to NIH under, guess who, Fauchi.

Research labs are put in many states.

A leak occurs.

The Obama administration orders the whole thing shut down.

Fauchi offshores the research, one is Wuhan.

You should know the rest…

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Once we knew the virus was an aerosol that was all we needed to know that masks, even properly worn and used. The particles of wuwho flu are smaller than a mask can filtrate.

CDC just said masking would not work for the smoke particles and they are larger than the wushu flu.
    Well true fanatics never let facts get in the way of their ideology.

Top Bottom