• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Good luck buying land right now. Wait for the inevitable crash, sell your stock before then, you’ll get land half what it’s going right now once it’s all foreclosed.

Also, I’m just giving you **** you know that. Except the PlayStation thing. That’s just blasphemous

Joke is on you (well... and me... I guess) as I only have maybe half of the down payment I'll need to buy what I'd like. Large properties haven't inflated as much as typical residential stuff from what I can see, but they're not giving them away. I'd say some of it is maybe 10-20% high. The normal houses surrounding me are at least double priced as far as I'm concerned.

So... I'm actually expecting to ride the market all the way down and then start riding up the other side again before this is over. This is probably 2-3 additional years for me. In 08, the market crashed and recovered (from the worst anyhow) way before housing bottomed out. So... We'll see.

I try to put most of my holdings to things that pay at least a decent dividend so even if the share price falls off of a cliff, the asset is still growing in its own way.

Oh, I know you're just blowing me crap. No one serious would ever mention an XBox. :)

---

To bring this mildly back on topic, I really am shocked that PFE is only up 2.5% today. FDA approval, BS or not, is huge news. I figured we'd see a 10% pop. PFE has been a doggy performer in general though. Moderna is up like 400% (and it makes me sick to look at it since I sold mine a 100% up).

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thought that was when you moved somewhere just so you could win election…see Romney, Mittens.

I'm used to hearing it in the more historical(?) sense of someone coming to town to with nothing and abusing the local resources for what they can, then splitting with the proceeds to go somewhere else and do it again.

Buying the property of my wildest dreams, even if the it's the product of someone elses' broken dream, isn't something I would care to abuse or abandon. I'm spending years trying to make sure I can do it right before I try to do it at all.

That's why he's got me confused. I'm sure there's some context for the term that I just don't understand, but the one I do understand isn't what I'm after.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I'm used to hearing it in the more historical(?) sense of someone coming to town to with nothing and abusing the local resources for what they can, then splitting with the proceeds to go somewhere else and do it again.

Buying the property of my wildest dreams, even if the it's the product of someone elses' broken dream, isn't something I would care to abuse or abandon. I'm spending years trying to make sure I can do it right before I try to do it at all.

That's why he's got me confused. I'm sure there's some context for the term that I just don't understand, but the one I do understand isn't what I'm after.
    Guess I’d heard it more as the second definition, like when Hillary moved to NY to win the senate seat..,

Definition of carpetbagger​

1disapproving : a Northerner in the South after the American Civil War usually seeking private gain under the Reconstruction governments
    2disapproving : OUTSIDERespecially : a nonresident or new resident who seeks private gain from an area often by meddling in its business or politics

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's not usually the context I've seen that term used. I don't follow.

car·pet·bag·ger

noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections

HISTORICAL
    (in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.

a person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist

I've lived in Ohio since before as well as during its rust-beltification

I've known people who would wait for the steel pills around Youngstown to hit harder times and lay off so, they could go shopping for relatively new items at fire sale prices

To me it always felt like profiting from the misfortune of others of limited means. YMMV

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    car·pet·bag·ger

noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections

HISTORICAL
    (in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.

I've known people who would wait for the steel pills around Youngstown to hit harder times and lay off so, they could go shopping for relatively new items at fire sale prices

To me it always felt like profiting from the misfortune of others of limited means. YMMV
    It sucks, but little poor me buying a house at a lowered price isn’t screwing the previous guy. If I were rich and just buying up every house that were foreclosed, I would agree.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I are talking about having children. There's not enough time in the day to talk about all the lies we've been told. There's simply not enough hard facts concerning fertility, pre natal effects, etc. Regardless of my political views; if I can't get clear hard facts concerning the safety of my family, there is no need for the vaccine.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    HISTORICAL

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not what I'm trying to do.

I've also been the guy that had to sell something I didn't want to for money to do things I had to. I didn't blame the buyer.

Lost 60 grand on my last house because I'm an idiot/I was lied to. Reality makes winners and losers out of us all some days. It is what it is.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It’s not actually approved fully. The news is full of sh**. It’s a licensing announcement for the new name and a reassurance of EUA status. That’s why the stock isn’t moving . Read the text on pages 11-12

page 1
    August 23, 2021, having concluded that revising this EUA is appropriate to protect the public health or safety under section 564(g)(2) of the Act, FDA is reissuing the August 12, 2021 letter of authorization in its entirety with revisions incorporated to clarify that the EUA will remain in place for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the previously-authorized indication and uses, and to authorize use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA for certain uses that are not included in the approved BLA

page 11-12

This product has not been approved or licensed by FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an EUA to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 12 years of age and older; and
    • The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is what it says is authorized page 4-5
    Having concluded that the criteria for issuance of this authorization under Section 564(c) of the Act are met, I am authorizing the emergency use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID‐19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19, as described in the Scope of Authorization section of this letter (Section II) and subject to the terms of this authorization. Additionally, as specified in subsection III.BB, I am authorizing use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA when used to provide a two-dose regimen for individuals aged 12 through 15 years, or

Page 5 – Pfizer Inc.
    to provide a third dose to individuals 12 years of age or older who have undergone solid organ transplantation or who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I can’t seem to find any information but now that it’s fully approved Pfizer is fully liable right?
    Generally speaking, no. If they mess up during manufacture, then yes.
    (b) Unavoidable adverse side effects; warnings
    (1)
    No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Generally speaking, no. If they mess up during manufacture, then yes.
    (b) Unavoidable adverse side effects; warnings
    (1)
    No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

Which is complete and utter Bull :poop: if it's being mandated, IMO.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This video about the coercion is serious but it's funny too.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It’s not actually approved fully. The news is full of sh**. It’s a licensing announcement for the new name and a reassurance of EUA status. That’s why the stock isn’t moving . Read the text on pages 11-12

page 1
    August 23, 2021, having concluded that revising this EUA is appropriate to protect the public health or safety under section 564(g)(2) of the Act, FDA is reissuing the August 12, 2021 letter of authorization in its entirety with revisions incorporated to clarify that the EUA will remain in place for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the previously-authorized indication and uses, and to authorize use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA for certain uses that are not included in the approved BLA

page 11-12

This product has not been approved or licensed by FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an EUA to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 12 years of age and older; and
    • The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner
    This seems to indicate that the FDA has, in fact, given approval of the Pfizer shot.

August 23, 2021

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom