Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Do you even read the stuff you post?

"All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness. There’s no doubt that vaccines provide significant protection. But a large proportion of the nation -- almost 30% of U.S. adults -- have not been vaccinated, a fact that has conspired with the highly contagious delta variant to push the country into a new wave of outbreaks."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

"All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness. There’s no doubt that vaccines provide significant protection. But a large proportion of the nation -- almost 30% of U.S. adults -- have not been vaccinated, a fact that has conspired with the highly contagious delta variant to push the country into a new wave of outbreaks."
    Do you?

"Research out of Israel seems to back the idea that protection from severe disease wanes in the months after inoculation, and more recently, that breakthrough cases may eventually lead to an uptick in hospitalizations. The information is preliminary and severe breakthrough cases are still rare, but it bolsters the case that some people will need booster shots in coming months."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Do you?

"Research out of Israel seems to back the idea that protection from severe disease wanes in the months after inoculation, and more recently, that breakthrough cases may eventually lead to an uptick in hospitalizations. The information is preliminary and severe breakthrough cases are still rare, but it bolsters the case that some people will need booster shots in coming months."
    Yeah, it says that severe breakthrough cases are still rare. Not so much with severe Covid cases in the unvaccinated, relatively speaking.

I suppose it's a comprehension problem on your end.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

That paragraph is textbook journalistic damage control. "Pay no attention to our reporting, just STFU and get the shot because nothing has changed".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I fear that those who deride God as an 'imaginary friend', and succumb to the belief that the devil does not exist, will never realize who the adversary is until they are already burning
    As a former Christian I would not deride those who believe in God as an 'imaginary friend'. I understand that it's a sincerely held belief, albeit about things unknowable. It's interesting that you frame this as "succumbing" to a belief that the devil does not exist. If you weren't taught about it, the default would be not to believe in it. So. What about other's right to believe about things unknowable? The universe of discourse here is unknown. Therefore, I can only prove the devil does exist by revealing him/her/it. But, I cannot prove that the devil does not exist.

The folly of derision works both ways. Better to leave people to the beliefs they cherish. But especially, non-believers prove themselves ***holes when they try to pick fights with believers over beliefs of unknown things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's not typically what viruses do. They tend to become less lethal. Killing their hosts is not an evolutionary benefit.
    They do mutate. And those mutations can become more lethal. Evolutionary success depends on reproduction. So there would not be an evolutionary advantage to killing the host, if that prevents successful reproduction and carrying on the strain. But, if mutated and deadlier viruses find a way to reproduce even after killing the host, they can indeed be successful.

For example, if they can spread to infect other hosts for a long period before the host even feels symptoms, that's a path to evolutionary success. It doesn't matter that the old host died. Just like it doesn't matter that a Black Widow Spider eats its mate after mating. The offspring is already assured. In this case, so far, it does not look like the delta variant is more deadly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It isn't political lines, it is tribal

Those that trust/believe the government and those that do not. Those divisions cross political lines
    It's certainly not that Republicans are non-vaxers and Democrats are vaxers. Plenty of non-democrats here advocate for vaccines, if that's any indication. It looks to me like the highest correlation for a particular demographic to be un-vaccinated is age. I think that means that what is most important is perceived risk. After age, the second highest correlation looks to be politics. And I think you're right, it breaks down to trust in TPTB, and not specifically political party. Right now, more Republicans distrust government than Democrats. Remember when Democrats were saying there's no way they'd take Trump's vaccine?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. I got the vaccine and had the symptoms along with a group of neighbors. My symptoms were mild (if you consider....never mind....mild).

So, as I said, ymmv.

He said he wouldn't wish this on anyone. He's 60. I'm 71.

A man is gonna do what he believes to be the best for him.

Good luck.
    A man who has a choice, that is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom