Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't been sick with anything since november 2019, and I normally get sick yearly.

So something has certainly cut down the occurrence rates for common illnesses.
    I had a cold back in spring. Got it from my son. He got it from work. A friend at work had the flu in April. They swabbed him and said it was the flu. He had the flu shot. Got it pretty bad anyway, according to him. Colds and flu are definitely still out there. But yeah I think it’s not nearly as prevalent as usual.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    kX4SKwL.jpg

Politicians like this are making violence the only option.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    We Lie lilly doing their usual, liberal, slimy politically correct crap:

Our top priority during this pandemic has been to protect the health and safety of our M̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ employees and ensure business continuity – today’s decision reflects that commitment.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    So we now have the text of the Pfizer study linked here
    claims the vaccine is 91% effective.

but the data we see currently coming out of Israel and other places doesn’t add up with that as they are reporting 40% of covid cases are among the vaccinated and they have a very high vaccination rate.

Why are the vax vs unvaccinated infection rates so much different in the US vs Israel?
    Are they though?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Our top priority during this pandemic has been to protect the health and safety of our M̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ employees and ensure business continuity – today’s decision reflects that commitment.
    I`m not sure exactly when big businesses and corporations decided THEY were to be the guardians of the culture and that THEIR values and ethics trump MINE, but lilly is a prime example of that liberal, controlling mindset.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Welp, Lilly (surprise, surprise) has thrown down the gauntlet...

CBRE Business Partners,

Contractors working on site at any Lilly U.S. facility must be fully vaccinated by November 15 to access Lilly facilities. Lilly will require contractors to show proof of vaccination before entrance is granted.

As a Lilly supplier for CBRE, please ensure only workers who are fully vaccinated are sent to Lilly U.S. facilities by November 15. Please take the following actions to ensure compliance with Lilly policy:

1. Please complete the following form by September 15 stating you understand this requirement and confirm or deny that your company intends to comply. If you have any questions regarding the requirement, please contact me (Dave Tickel) at tickel_david@network.lilly.com.
    2. Submit notification to CBRE by November 15 to verify employees working on site at Lilly facilities are compliant with the Lilly vaccine requirement. A separate verification notification link will be sent prior to November 15 for you to confirm your employees working onsite are fully vaccinated.
    Contractors working offsite with plans to visit Lilly facilities, non-badged suppliers, or any visitors to company facilities will be required to show proof of vaccination before entrance is granted.

Lilly has concluded the vaccine requirement for site-based personnel promotes public health and safety and ensures the company can continue producing life-saving medicines for patients around the world.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Now IU, who bought our building last year, is in on it. They are demanding that anyone who works on their projects or in their buildings be fully vaccinated by September 1. Might be looking for a job here pretty soon, if anyone needs a mechanical engineer.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Now IU, who bought our building last year, is in on it. They are demanding that anyone who works on their projects or in their buildings be fully vaccinated by September 1. Might be looking for a job here pretty soon, if anyone needs a mechanical engineer.
    The rubber is gonna meet the road soon for a lot of people who do not want to get vaccinated it looks like. Personally know several who have said no way and now they are starting to see its a decision with real impacts.

Many are trying for religious exemptions now

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Remember the company that made zantac? and hid the fact that it causes cancer for 30 years?

Yea, pfizer.

Of all the vaccines and treatments tried with mrna, none have succeeded or the benefits have outweighed the risks, but suddenly a covid mrna vaccine works?

Pass.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Welp, Lilly (surprise, surprise) has thrown down the gauntlet...
    So does Lilly have a contract with CBRE? And I am assuming the CBRE business partners are subcontractors, and they have contracts with CBRE?

If that is the case, how is changing the conditions of workplace access not a violation of the contract? (assuming there is a contract)

I am not a lawyer, so it would be nice if someone who is more versed in this could correct my assumptions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom