• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Very true. The exact same result could have been achieved with just about any firearm and and mag capacity limit.

I've been discussing this with someone who's a 2A butter. (I agree with the 2A but.....) They get too emotionally involved/attached at the outcome. "SOMETHING has to be done."

Yes it's horrifying and almost unimaginable. This world has pure evil in it. But the parties involved are just using this to push their agenda. Nothing more.

AMEN

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If you can 1st get past the actual paid 1st responders to get into the fight.
    Did I read correctly that they tazzed and cuffed people attempting to get their kids. WTAF.

I have a feeling that if a similar situation comes up, the parents won't be begging to be let in to save their kids. They will just go in, even if they have to fight their way in.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I do not know but if have had a recent check ran it only takes a few minutes if it has been a few years takes longer also seems that a lot of leos and former military get delayed
    For myself it was the exact opposite. 1st one without any recent 4473s took a few minutes then proceed. 2nd a couple of weeks later was delayed. My wife on her first purchase was proceed within a few minutes. I think it's more the volume received at the time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Very true. The exact same result could have been achieved with just about any firearm and mag capacity limit.

I've been discussing this with someone who's a 2A butter. (I agree with the 2A but.....) They get too emotionally involved/attached at the outcome. "SOMETHING has to be done."

Yes it's horrifying and almost unimaginable. This world has pure evil in it. But the parties involved are just using this to push their agenda. Nothing more.
    "Something has to be done"
    Okay.
    Tell them, "That something is BAN CARS. After all, most of these shooters use cars/trucks to get to/from these shootings".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While high rate of fire submachine guns have been around for a while I'm wondering if their application in room entry like this has been considered. The old MAC-10 in 45 ACP has a rate up there with the MG-42, clearing a 30 round magazine in about 1.5 seconds.

The M-11 in .380 is even faster and can be fired with one hand with some practice.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    While high rate of fire submachine guns have been around for a while I'm wondering if their application in room entry like this has been considered. The old MAC-10 in 45 ACP has a rate up there with the MG-42, clearing a 30 round magazine in about 1.5 seconds.

The M-11 in .380 is even faster and can be fired with one hand with some practice.
    Many police departments already have 3 hole lowers/ rifles on “loan” from the feds. A friend who works for Vincennes police department got issued a beat up m16 when he started as part of the government 1033 program.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Probably not a good idea to fire something like that in a building full of people.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    If I missed this in this long thread, sorry...

Did I hear the news right yesterday - the Incident Commander was a school police dept. chief?

Was he actually a school employee? Did he answer to the school board? You know, the same kind of board getting called on the carpet by parents all over the country? I don't know how a school police department works, but I'm now awfully curious.

I would at least think that his command authority could be quickly superseded by other agency commanders. I thought that's how it works everywhere else. Maybe I've gotten it all wrong again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Did I hear the news right yesterday - the Incident Commander was a school police dept. chief?

Was he actually a school employee? Did he answer to the school board? You know, the same kind of board getting called on the carpet by parents all over the country? I don't know how a school police department works, but I'm now awfully curious.

I would at least think that his command authority could be quickly superseded by other agency commanders. I thought that's how it works everywhere else. Maybe I've gotten it all wrong again.
    No, I believe it was the Uvalde police department chief.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

You are seeing that right

McGraw identified the incident commander as Pete Arredondo, chief of police of the Uvalde Consolidated School District.”

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Many police departments already have 3 hole lowers/ rifles on “loan” from the feds. A friend who works for Vincennes police department got issued a beat up m16 when he started as part of the government 1033 program.
    We have 4 A1's in our small dept through the program.
    They were new in box Colts.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not a huge fan of the NYT but sounds like the border patrol union president gave them an interview.

Also of note the NYT is sticking to the original 11:33 as the first 911 call which means it actually took a full hour to end Ramos’s life after the shooting started.

“Brandon Judd, head of the Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, said that in no case would Border Patrol agents have sought to assume command themselves.”

“During Chief Arredondo’s two years, he expanded the department’s tiny ranks, adding two officers last year.

Also during those two years, the school district held at least two trainings for how to deal with a gunman opening fire in a school.”

Top Bottom