• Status
    Not open for further replies.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    There is going to be a lot of real blame, on the school for not securing their facility. The officers (and if it was an hour, the agencies) for not following through on their active shooter training. The department for not communicating to the schools regarding this guy beforehand.

But gun owners will get all the faux outrage for the failure of the government and its agents.
    If someone did drop the ball and not notify the school of the nearby threat . I doubt we will hear about it ....at least through the MSM .
    It`s the gun`s fault , not from a possible breakdown of policy .

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    After that situation, Florida switched to the school guardian program which seems more successful. Generally retired military or police employed by the schools for the single purpose to secure the buildings and eliminate threats. One assigned to each school with direct supervision. They receive training through the Sheriffs Office but are employed by the school district. I know a few guys that retired to FL to enlist in that program.

It would be worth a try here if the Governor was not busy rubbing elbows and who knows what else with the globalist.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If someone did drop the ball and not notify the school of the nearby threat . I doubt we will hear about it ....at least through the MSM .
    It`s the gun`s fault , not from a possible breakdown of policy .
    I'm pretty sure that they will blame anyone and everyone they can.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Hard to believe this POS didn not raise any or enough Red Flags for some awareness ?
    I think possibly Grandma was threatening him with some sort of action , resulting in her shooting ?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hard to believe this POS didn not raise any or enough Red Flags for some awareness ?
    I think possibly Grandma was threatening him with some sort of action , resulting in her shooting ?
    Most likely. Grandma had to go. She was getting in the way just like when that nutjob killed his mother before heading to Sandy Hook.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, it seems like he already got driven out by the mom, who was herself apparently a piece of work. I wouldn't be surprised if another living situation deteriorated rapidly, that's pretty normal for crazy people.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-t...4683/gallery/b6d44be45b2f42ecb0dd47986725e39c
    UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Javier Cazares, whose fourth grade daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, was killed in the attack, said he raced to the school when he heard about the shooting, arriving while police were still massed outside the building.

Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”
    “They were unprepared,” he added.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured.

He then exchanged fire with a school district security officer, ran inside and fired on two arriving Uvalde police officers who were outside the building, said Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Travis Considine. All the law enforcement officers were injured, he said.

My attitude toward the police response continues to darken. Now it's claimed 40 minutes of uninterrupted killing after injuring and routing the first responders. Civilians talking about rushing the line and entering the school themselves because the police weren't doing anything.

Starting to smell like another Columbine/Coward County incident. Failure to neutralize the shooter on first contact. Failure to prevent entry to the school. Failure to prevent barricading. Failure to act while the bulk of the killing was taking place, choosing instead to wait around for someone else to come solve the problem.

It doesn't quite look like we had multiple fit and uninjured hiding behind cover like at Parkland, but I still find this outcome unacceptable. Perhaps my expectations are unreasonable, but I don't think any shooter should be able to walk into a classroom and massacre kids unless he stepped over the corpse of every SRO in the building to get there. Any SRO still drawing breath after this happened to the kids under their protection has some explaining to do.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My attitude toward the police response continues to darken. Now it's claimed 40 minutes of uninterrupted killing after injuring and routing the first responders. Civilians talking about rushing the line and entering the school themselves because the police weren't doing anything.

Starting to smell like another Columbine/Coward County incident. Failure to neutralize the shooter on first contact. Failure to prevent entry to the school. Failure to prevent barricading. Failure to act while the bulk of the killing was taking place, choosing instead to wait around for someone else to come solve the problem.

It doesn't quite look like we had multiple fit and uninjured hiding behind cover like at Parkland, but I still find this outcome unacceptable. Perhaps my expectations are unreasonable, but I don't think any shooter should be able to walk into a classroom and massacre kids unless he stepped over the corpse of every SRO in the building to get there. Any SRO still drawing breath after this happened to the kids under their protection has some explaining to do.
    Maybe that explains why the CBP guy was on his own.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Of course he raised enough red flags , how else would he have gotten the money for a Daniel defense rifle and an eotech?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Are there any other sources confirming this?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

Wow 40 minutes…..ask Denny though, only police officers will run to the sound of gunfire, combat vets and civilians Can’t and won’t pull the trigger when the time comes.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have been listening to various broadcast types and politicians. One of the suggestions to curb “gun violence” is to restrict gun purchases to a minimum of age 21. The rationale is mostly that someone who is 18 doesn’t have the mental maturity to be responsible enough to be able to purchase a gun.

What I have NOT heard any of those persons say is that voting age should be 21. If teenagers aren’t mature enough for gun ownership, then surely they are not mature enough to be granted the privilege to vote.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow 40 minutes…..ask Denny though, only police officers will run to the sound of gunfire, combat vets and civilians Can’t and won’t pull the trigger when the time comes.
    Denny347 has never said that. More anti-cop emo masturbation from the most prolific purveyor of fake police news on the board.

If the report is correct, the responsible cops should be held to account both professionally and in the public square. But it's a bit early to be nailing them to the wall.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom