• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As a parent, I couldn't just walk into my kids school. How the f*** did this a**hat @#%^* just run in and start shooting!!!?

I don't have any problem with locked doors (maybe one into office, then buzzed into elswhere?). No problem with armed SRO's. No problem with dragging the shooters corps around town behind a truck.
    I know right? Not blaming victims, but I bet they lock the doors at night, when the valuable contents of that building are there during the day.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Or SRO at the cafeteria and someone attacks a gym class outside

Yep.
    Also if you spend billions to fortify each school (bullet proof windows, armored doors, bars etc) what happens then there's a hostage situation, or shooting, inside the school? :dunno:
    You just slow down the cops who are outside.

Security is always a double-edged sword.

Same with with security in airplane.
    Before 9/11 you had no armored cockpit doors, terrorists could easily get in.
    Now we have armored doors and we had a few cases where the pilot crashed the plane and the rest of the crew had no way to break down the door.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Locks and doors only protect kids when they are inside the school anyway.
    You had a few cases where the killer pulled the fire alarm (in was a student so he was allowed inside) and waited for the kids to get out to shoot them from a distance.
    It's about layers of security. Just like everything else. Making a harder target.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Aaand they just threw Beto out of the news conference
    I was watching the news conference. They ask/told him to be quiet, leave several times. He kept at it. I wish they would have arrested him after he refused to be quiet…maybe disorderly conduct ? That SOB can’t even decide what he supports - first we are coming for your ARs, then no we’re not coming for them. Now apparently back to taking them ? Nothing but a publicity seeking a** wipe.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have been watching some "coverage" of this event on CNN and MSNBC.

Wow! Talk about unhinged nut jobs pushing propaganda!

Well worth the watch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We had 87 people killed by a truck driver in 2016 in France.
    And the killer/driver was only stopped because a good guy finally showed up with a gun.

Nobody proposed to ban trucks after the attack.
    Not sure why they focus on guns after attacks in America.

It's literally insane.

In countries where people cannot own guns, like in China, they have deadly knife attacks all the time in schools.
    With sometimes over 20 people stabbed.

I'm no expert but focusing on the gun is leading people to ignore other actions that could limit or prevent events like that to happen.

1) Stop making schools "gun free zones", allow all school staffs to be armed.
    You are only keeping the good guys from being armed.
    If they are legally armed outside of school they should be allowed to be armed inside.

Get armed guards in every schools.

Mass shootings always happen in so-called "gun free zones", you rarely have those in police stations where you know people are armed.

2) Train every adults and kids in bleeding control.
    Have trauma kits everywhere in the school like you have fire extinguishers and AEDs.

king_zoll.jpeg-Compresed_1200x1200.jpg

3) Provide access to mental health professionals.
    Every student should be able to get free counseling at their school.
    In most instance the killer/shooter is a student of the school.

Keeping good people from owning guns is not the solution, more gun laws is not the answer.
    Gun ownership is already too restricted even in the States ... we have seen what happens in countries where the civilian population doesn't have access to guns (recently with Ukraine).

And a car was just used as a weapon in a road rage incident.
    And of course, no one is yelling for "car control".

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

Well worth the watch.
    I can imagine. I refuse to watch them...broadcasting channels or “journalists” doing the “reporting”. They amp up, my anger/stress level increases. It is in the best interest on my mental health to not watch. On what I do watch, I hit the mute button when a clip is played of them. That isn’t perfect as my wife has closed captioning. And it’s like a magnet, if I look at those words being spelled out theey pull my eyes rewards them. It’s a curse.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I know right? Not blaming victims, but I bet they lock the doors at night, when the valuable contents of that building are there during the day.

Wondering why the doors were likely not locked is not blaming the victim. It it rightfully questioning why the simplest security measures to help keep everyone's children safe weren't implemented.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

The shooting began to unfold on Tuesday morning, when the local police department in Uvalde received a 911 call around 11:30 a.m. saying that a truck had crashed at Robb Elementary School and that a man had emerged from it carrying a long rifle and a backpack.

At least one armed law enforcement officer from the Uvalde school district was at the school. That officer exchanged gunfire with the gunman, but the gunman was able to get past the officer, the official said, citing the initial reports.

The gunman then entered through a south door at the school. After he was inside, two officers from the Uvalde Police Department arrived on the scene, engaged the gunman and were immediately met with gunfire, the official said. Both were shot.

It appeared that the gunman was contained in one classroom at that time, and the officers were unable to enter it. He remained there until a tactical unit from the border patrol killed the gunman, shortly after 1 p.m., the official said, citing state police reports.

This NYT story is making it sound like an SRO engaged him outside the school, he somehow got into the school, two more police officers went into the school and engaged him, and then...he was left to his own devices inside a classroom for over an hour before the CBP guy and a "tactical unit" killed him.

I hope for the sake of those police officers' souls that this timeline is erroneous in some way and they did not actually sit down the hall for an hour and listen to the screams and gunshots as this guy murdered or shot an entire classroom of elementary school children. Perhaps they were legitimately disabled by their injuries, but that's still three armed people who failed to close the deal before he got in the classroom and failed to press the attack well enough to stop the killing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just read that local police did not go in on arrival. Then two border patrol agents arrived later who have children at that school they went in on arrival and the local police decided to help the border patrol agents.
    One of the border patrol agents killed Ramos.

The resource officer tried to stop him from entering the school and was wounded.

Last edited:

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I have seen quite a few reports where after he shot his GrandMa........there was a BOLO put out . (Be On the Lookout)
    It sure seems it would be protocol to notify nearby schools to "Lock Down " if they already are not and activate any preventive measures if there were any .
    As mentioned several times already .......a locked door maybe would not have stopped him but surely could have bought some time for LE to show up even sooner .

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    There is going to be a lot of real blame, on the school for not securing their facility. The officers (and if it was an hour, the agencies) for not following through on their active shooter training. The department for not communicating to the schools regarding this guy beforehand.

But gun owners will get all the faux outrage for the failure of the government and its agents.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

Well worth the watch.
    The media is what it is. You didn’t mention the Fox folks and their love and support of Putin and MTG and her lasers attacking voting machines! LOL. They are all a joke just like all politicians.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I have seen quite a few reports where after he shot his GrandMa........there was a BOLO put out . (Be On the Lookout)
    It sure seems it would be protocol to notify nearby schools to "Lock Down " if they already are not and activate any preventive measures if there were any .
    As mentioned several times already .......a locked door maybe would not have stopped him but surely could have bought some time for LE to show up even sooner .
    One would think, Schools around here are in lock down mode more frequently than you would think. Most recently after a High Speed Chase resulted an ensuing foot pursuit in the area of the High School, all schools in the in a 5 mile radius we’re locked down.

locked doors, are there for a reason.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    . Dan was spot on while Gerlado argued no 18 yr old should have a rifle, his logic was at 18 you can't buy a beer.
    BUT BUT BUT.....

What's amazing is the thinking among these people. A child at 3 years old is smart enough to decide they want a sex change but not old enough to own a gun at 18y/o. The list is long,,,,and so wrong.

:wallbash::dunno::ugh:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Agreed no one wants to look at the obvious steps, that can be taken to harden soft targets.

While it may not stop,all those Hell bent on meeting Satan either sooner or later. There are many things that can be done to thwart their efforts and possibly give first responders the upper hand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom