• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    sadly, we need to find more people local to South Central.

Max went out today to set up and had no help. With Bob down and not many others local, we could be seeing the end of matches there.

My hope is to move closer, but that isn't until next year.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I need HELP setting up the South Central matches this year if we are to continue shooting matches there this year. We have been setting up the walls and target stands and other props on Saturday about 11am and finishing up Sunday morning with the targets and clipboards and timers. If I can't get some reliable help for Saturdays we may be doomed. We have a fine range and a lot of props,it would be a terrible thing if we have to stop having matches because of no help.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    WOW, I was thinking about taking vacation tomorrow and coming down to this match but Goggle Maps shows 2 hours 41 minutes for me. Now if it were 70 degrees and sunny I wouldn't think twice but mid 40's and 5-15 MPH wind I'm not so sure...

I might do like last week and wait until after 8:00 PM tonight before I make up my mind. :rolleyes:

PTRDRGN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    sv40sw45 = Max?

Max (I assume)... I tried to send you a PM, but apparently I don't have enough posts to do so. I am willing to help set up. I would like to get more involved this year so anytime you need a hand let me know. Do you need help in the morning at 0800? If I remember I will give you my contact information tomorrow.

Jared Black

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    for those coming down from Indy area

65 south
    shortly after Columbus, take 58W
    follow through Freetown, take left on IN-135
    couple miles south of Freetown on left, called " County Seat Fish and Game Club"

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    sadly, we need to find more people local to South Central.

Max went out today to set up and had no help. With Bob down and not many others local, we could be seeing the end of matches there.

My hope is to move closer, but that isn't until next year.

I agree we need more help, JT. First cure for this is a plan. I've helped setup for 8 of the last 11 matches if you count today's match. I will say the poor planning has made me very unhappy in the past. Anybody that has ever tried to help setup at SCGC knows that 11am is not at all accurate. I make a 60+ mile round trip to setup. If I arrive only to find they started early and are finishing up, that makes me unhappy. Most weekends I'm driving from Southport. Then returning to Columbus after setup.

Not aggravated at you JT, just aggravated this is the third time I have heard about this today. I have setup since March of 2010 and this is the first time I have ever heard of us being that shorthanded.

SO.... Let's get a plan. Let's stick to it. Let's get workers that keep their word on showing up, or make sure they know we are counting on them after they say they will help with a particular match.

If anyone wants to chat about this, I'll be the guy working registration.

Thanks
    Hank

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks to South Central for putting on a great match today! :yesway:
    I hope they continue to put on matches.
    It would be very difficult for me to help set up on Saturdays, but I am more that happy to come as early as needed on Sundays as I did today..

Also thanks to our RO (Berry, I think) for his patience and clear instruction with us newer shooters.:patriot:

Top Bottom