• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    My 2 cents is do it now. Then you arent learning a new trigger later. I put the entire APEX kit including the reset enhancement thing in Abbys M&P and it is a world of difference. Very smooth 2.5 lb trigger. VERY short reset. And a nice CLICK and felt reset! Well worth the money in my opinion.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Which books did you get?

I ordered "with winning in mind" yesterday. It was mentioned alot as a good read for the mental part of the game over the Enos forum, so I figured it be worth a look.

I order Perfect Practice and Brian Enos book. Everyone encouraged me to get Enos book as my first, then I just took a long shot at Perfect Practice.

My 2 cents is do it now. Then you arent learning a new trigger later. I put the entire APEX kit including the reset enhancement thing in Abbys M&P and it is a world of difference. Very smooth 2.5 lb trigger. VERY short reset. And a nice CLICK and felt reset! Well worth the money in my opinion.

Agreed! I just placed the order. It will be here Thursday! I guess I know what I am doing Friday

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Well I order Dawsob Precision adjustable rear sight and matching fiber optic front sight, all spec'ed for the M&P Pro. I also ordered my first couple of shooting books so I could "edumacate" my self.

Funny, I did too. LOL

Right now i am really tempted to order the complete Apex kit. I too know the real problem is me, but the question is: should I do it now and begin training with it now versus working hard with what I got, to only have to relearn with the APex Kit later???

Get the Apex Kit now. I looked at my bank account. I can swing it this month. I'll probably order mine this week. It was an excellent system on my regular M&P. Everyone on Brian Enos says to get a Burwell trigger job. It just sounds like he is backed up. There is a lot of machining that goes with that kit. With the Apex, the kit is already done for you.

Which books did you get?

I ordered "with winning in mind" yesterday. It was mentioned alot as a good read for the mental part of the game over the Enos forum, so I figured it be worth a look.

Excellent book. I used to do a helluva lot more cussing that I do now. I still need some work with it, but overall great resource.

I order Perfect Practice and Brian Enos book. Everyone encouraged me to get Enos book as my first, then I just took a long shot at Perfect Practice.

This is a great place to start. When I finally set down and watch my Burkett DVD's, I'll loan them to you. I think I promised Mongo first though.

Agreed! I just placed the order. It will be here Thursday! I guess I know what I am doing Friday

Let me know, If my sights are here and installed, I will be doing the same thing. I have the practice drills from Manny Bragg's class.

The Focus of most of your practice should be on accuracy. when you start getting that down the speed will come.

Hence, I ordered the adjustable rear. Two mags on the Texas star has never happened to me before. It was the 2nd time I shot the gun and the first accurate targets I had to shoot.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Excellent book. I used to do a helluva lot more cussing that I do now. I still need some work with it, but overall great resource.

I'm about 92% through it so far. (gotta love the Kindle!) Great stuff that is going to be very useful when I put it into practice.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The Focus of most of your practice should be on accuracy. when you start getting that down the speed will come.

I started with this "theory" and I was getting a lot of Alphas but was too slow.

I then switched to shooting as fast as I could and the accuracy was what it was...

My scores/placings went UP!

I'd love to see Coach try this at one instructional shoots and compare data for a larger group.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

I installed the Competition kit and RAM early on and it is as good as they say.

I will say that the trigger now breaks further back and the reset is much quicker. But because it breaks further back I find that my trigger finger wraps around it more and I'm not shooting with the pad of the finger.

Coach told me I was slapping at the trigger because of this.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Here's my current theory. Accuracy of second shot is critical, and right now I do not trust my sights, so I constantly look to the target to verify my first shot while firing my second. The sights will help me dial in the accuracy and give me the confidence to call the shot.

The trigger is the luxury right now. I want to get it done when I do the sights so the rear does not have to be removed later. This also means i am adapting to the new trigger while taking time to sight in the new sights. Then with some practice, the accuracy cometh and the speed follows.

Reapers Goals:
    1. Top 10 finish at the IN Sectional
    2. Top 5 finish at IN championship

A lot of work to achieve those, but the commitment is there!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Here's my current theory. Accuracy of second shot is critical, and right now I do not trust my sights, so I constantly look to the target to verify my first shot while firing my second. The sights will help me dial in the accuracy and give me the confidence to call the shot.

The trigger is the luxury right now. I want to get it done when I do the sights so the rear does not have to be removed later. This also means i am adapting to the new trigger while taking time to sight in the new sights. Then with some practice, the accuracy cometh and the speed follows.

Reapers Goals:

I will be happy to shoot a match without a gun malfunction:xmad:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

Reapers Goals:

Those are the same match, unless you are talking about the Production/Singlestack championship in October :D

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I hear that Scroggster has been working doubles. He does have the scores, but not sure he has had much time to enter them.

I know, who cares right...Where are the danged scores! :D

(waiting on someone to break the "score" silence)

I understand. And I know from experience that it really sucks to do scores on a match you didnt even get to shoot. I appreciate Scroggster doing them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom