• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Pull out all the stops when you shoot a classifier, go for broke unless you want to stay in a lower class that your ability is so you can say I won D class when you are a B class shooter or better.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Pull out all the stops when you shoot a classifier, go for broke unless you want to stay in a lower class that your ability is so you can say I won D class when you are a B class shooter or better.

hey! I was barely knockin on the door of C class last year when I won D class at State!

ooh... wait... you're talking bout Teddy, aren'cha :D

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I had both 45 and 40 Single Stacks by STI and could not tell a dimes worth of difference between them. I went with the Trojan 40 for the reason of only loading 40's and 9's.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I dont like the hero or zero style for just classifiers, unless thats how you shoot all matches. Whenever I try to crank out a fast classifier, I usually tank it and it doesnt help me move up anyway. I just try to shoot them normally and when my skills are ready, the system will work and I'll get my bump.

(unless of course I shoot classifier matches like this with my SS gear in L-10 as to not have a good day and have an accidental bump to A-class before SS nats :laugh:)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I would think that no matter what you are classed as, your shooting abilities will show at a match. If you are a D shooter and consistently beat B shooters, it will show.
    If you go to a large major that has GM's in your division, you will see what % you shoot of those guys. That is where you should be classed assuming you didn't screw up the match.
    I'm classed at 64%, low B. That's around where I come in at majors.

Everytime I try to "pull out all the stops" I have Mikes/NSs and tank the classifier. Of course that doesn't count against me and I suppose I could if I shot enough of them, I might nail enough that I move up. But, I don't want to move up to a class I can't compete in. No sense shooting Master class classifiers if you go to a major match and half the A shooters beat you, IMO.

Of course, I don't believe I've ever shot an A class classifier.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I quit all that, as you said, I want to move up as I improve.

My first A class classifier the last match at Silver Creek. Shot in rhythm, hit the reload and scored good.

But this is one of those that seem to be scoring everyone a little high. I thought I shot "High B" good, but not A.

I do think there is a big difference in classifiers and shooting majors though. Classifiers seemed to be catered more to the immobile guys like me, whereas the majors are more long, run and gun.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    So relate all this to the six classifiers we have coming up on Sunday?

I'm hearing, go for points even if it means taking the time to take another shot. Is that correct?

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So relate all this to the six classifiers we have coming up on Sunday?

I'm hearing, go for points even if it means taking the time to take another shot. Is that correct?

If its a Virginia Count stage, which a few are, you will receive a penatly for extra shots fired.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom